PDA

View Full Version : Internet Speed & Lag

BigUrn
12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
As we all know this game has a nasty habit of lagging disconnecting people and hanging in the menu. Some people have told me that internet speed matters not while others say it means the world. Ubi don't seem to recommend a certain internet speed nor do most online games ( they probably should start). So my question is what is a decent internet speed for playing a online game like this? My speeds are 15Mbps/3Mbps and it gives me a green open Nat and says my gaming experience will be optimal. So please share you internet speed

guitargod33
12-07-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd like to know the same. Though I am pretty sure that online gaming doesn't take near the amount of data most folks think. Still, I am taking precautions such as replacing all my network cables with cat6, etc. to make sure that absolutely nothing at my house is part of the problem. I'm still convinced it's due to Ubi's infrastructure.

Cavemun
12-08-2012, 12:24 AM
I agree with you. I play on PC and have 10 down / up and have the green NAT. However, I can never seem to get into any games. It takes me multiple tries before actually getting into the game. And once I am in, I just have bad connectivity. I believe its more a problem with Ubisoft servers/infrastructure, because I can play BF3 perfectly, almost never any problems

DeathTollDavid
12-08-2012, 12:27 AM
It's weird sometimes. I have a green nat and hear the one minute left warning, I'll die, and the clock starts clicking down from ten seconds. So something is off for sure even with a green nat

ACB_Old_School
12-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Ubisoft has no idea how to code properly.

the reason you can play BF3 just fine is becuase the people who make BF3(DICE) are experts at multiplayer games.

Ubisoft needs to bring in people that have expirience in multiplayer games.

SeeknDestroy1318
12-08-2012, 12:37 AM
They just need to region lock the darn thing, whenever i face anyone who is in Europe outside of England and occasionally Germany the lag is unbearable and like clockwork the game almost always collapses in on itself and the game drops me out. I know that they face the same issues on their side but it also has the added annoyance of the opposition having the lag shield working to their advantage. I won't even get started on games i encounter with the majority of players i run into from Central/South America. The latency/lag issue with that sort of distance doesn't work well.

I have no idea what the broadband infrastructure is like in these regions nor do i assume that they have poor internet service i am just saying that their is a trend with lag issues with players from various regions across the globe and games that region lock reduce this and frankly im at a point where i don't care if region locking screws over other parts of the globe by limiting their player pool, i live in a place where the player pool is large enough and im just sick of it.

ACB_Old_School
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
If they region lock the game then it would be even harder to get in matches then it is now. We don't want that...

BigUrn
12-08-2012, 12:53 AM
I don't know I think with a regional lock matchmaking would improve a lot. Think about it the game is searching through thousands of people from US to Japan to every other country ect looking for people with a regional lock it would not have to search as hard. Iam also to the point where I could care less if a regional lock would upset people or make others angry cause Iam sick of losing to people for no other reason than the fact they are across a ocean. I think though we may be getting off topic a bit so I would love to hear what kind of internet speed yall got.

ACB_Old_School
12-08-2012, 01:00 AM
I have 30mbps download and 18mbps upload

I live in Los Angeles and have a **** ton of lag and ******** happen to me in this game.

BigUrn
12-08-2012, 01:05 AM
The 4 asterisks Iam pretty sure I know what that means but 8 asterisks I have no clue. I suppose you also have green nat which says your experience will be optimal. I also heard in online games it's mostly about upload rather than download which makes no sense so idk

Collinwood01
12-08-2012, 01:35 AM
My download is 12mbps and upload is 1.5mbps. I have yellow/orange NAT now because when I put the PS3 in a DMZ and had green NAT it made no difference whatsoever. On a side note, I ran into a gamer about a month ago that streams his online play (not any AC MP games though) and his download speed is 50mbps and upload is 20mbps (commercial line) and he still complained about lag. I was hopin he would play some AC MP against me so I could see the impact of such a difference in up and download speed between him and I but he only plays PC games.

reaper85678
12-09-2012, 01:32 AM
I can attest that the Internet speed doesn't matter, I have some of the fastest consumer Internet service in the country and I have spent quite a bit of money on new equipment just to play this game and it is still a leggy mess. I have tested my connection speed, packet loss, and that sort of thing and my Internet is very very good. This crap is all on ubisoft.

BigUrn
12-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Fiber optics Iam guessing. It is comforting to know even if I had military grade internet it wouldn't matter

jmk1999
12-09-2012, 05:10 AM
hmm... it sucks to think everyone's internet is better than mine. probably for the best i haven't started playing MP yet. :nonchalance:

BigUrn
12-09-2012, 06:36 AM
The multiplayer on this game is so great but the lag just kills it sometimes and sucks all the enjoyment out of it. Lag has been holding this franchise back ever since ACB.

luckyto
12-09-2012, 06:45 AM
It's not your speed (per se) as in 5Mbps or 15Mbps that's important, it's your ping. And beyond your ping, it's your proximity to major Internet hubs. Then taken into account that location to the lobbies' host server. So it goes far beyond "your connection."

3Mbps Downstream and 1Mbps Upstream is plenty... but your ping should be like 2/10ths of a second or less. Anything more and you are at a slight disadvantage.

I'd bet that Ubisoft simply doesn't have enough host server's throughout the world, so even once your data finds it way out of your house, to your ISP and to a major Internet Hub; it still travels even farther to find a host server. They need to buck up and spend the money.

BigUrn
12-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Yes they do big time. Assassians Creed has been very successful (not to mention very profitable) to ubi and we as the fans made that happen so why not throw a bone our way? Maybe it has something to do with international law or something as to why hubs or whatever are limited. When I preorded AC3 off psn I was stoked then I found out that they didn't offer a midnight releases and I was wondering why some rep told me it had to do with the fact ubi was french and I lived in america.. don't know if that was bs or not

Shinsengumi57
12-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Crap....I live in Hawaii, and the game is unplayable, esp when I challenge Europeans. Their kills/bombs/stuns are way faster. I hate it when my char fully stabs the target, only to see a smoke bomb drop, and I get stunned.