PDA

View Full Version : [RANT] Ubisoft PC mutliplayer sucks!

Bloodblood15
12-07-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Ubisoft pulling this crap again and again, I of course mean the crap where they make amazing single player games then add on terrible multiplayer games.

They've done this with Splinter Cell: Conviction, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed Revelations and now Far Cry 3.

All of these game were really fun in my opinion but the PC multiplayer support is A TERRIBLE!!! Every single one of these games I've had issues with the multiplayer; For instance Splinter Cell: Conviction Co-op mode was terrible. I tried to connect to my friend at a lan party where you could download 9GBs of data in about a minute and he was LITERALLY right next to me, but we still couldn't connect to each other. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier had lag like MAD!!! I couldn't play it AT ALL the lag was so terrible. Assassin's Creed 3 I have one both Xbox and PC, the multiplayer works perfectly on Xbox but is terrible on PC. Yet again full of lag and insane **** that didn't make sense, it got to the point where I would see another player and go in for the kill but then have a huge lag spike and WHOOPS I'm dead. I didn't even see myself get killed I just died.

Far Cry 3 has managed to combine all that I hate about Ubisofts lack of support for PC gamers into one giant ball of anger. The interface for the Far Cry 3 co-op is terrible, I tried to invite a friend to a game and neither of use could find where the invite message would come up. Then when he tried to connect to me it didn't work and then I tried to connect to him and it didn't work. This guy I have know for almost 5 years now and we have never had a connection problem EVER. Then when I tried to make myself a public game lobby the game decided that I wanted to join a game RIGHT NOW instead of the usual and more accepted interface of having a search for game button. So then it joined me to a game I didn't want to be part of as a character I didn't want to be, half way through a mission that I wanted to start from the beginning. I tried this a million times and it still connected me to random games I didn't want to be a part of, even though I had tried to invite my friend to a game a million times.

Once I got too pissed off to try co-op any more I tried the multiplayer, to find the classic giant ping and really stupid mechanics. I joined a game and instantly saw about 3 people starting in the sky then falling into and through the ground and then over and over again every millisecond. I finally realised that these guys had been hurt and were on the ground waiting to be saved. Then I found my self getting killed by people who seemed to magically appear from no where to stand in front of me and then kill me without me even knowing what had just happened. This happened 5 times until I got pissed off and started spraying every where to stop anyone from magically appearing in front of me, then I noticed it took about 2 solid seconds for my gun to even look down the sights. So then I knew that Ubisoft had yet again screwed up another multiplayer.

Advice to Ubisoft:
Get more servers or allow hosting for 3rd parties.
Offer more support.
Fix the user interface so we can play with our friends.
Don't drop random players in mid way through games unless there are no lobbies.
Provide a game filter for players so we can play what levels we want to play.
Fix the invite system.
Get a better interface in general.
Stop screwing up perfectly good games with crappy multiplayers.

Provide some of these things or at least get some freaking support for the multiplayer on these games or don't offer them in the future. I feel like your constantly offering up something awesome and fun and then kicking me in the balls for hoping that you might not have screwed up again!!

Moral of the story: Provide PC gamers with good multiplayer or don't provide it all!!!

EvilPixieGrrr
12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi,

While your feedback is appreciated, it's best provided constructively and refrain from using words like "sucks" and "pissed off." My suggestion? Post what you've said here without the sarcasm and language in the designated thread for multiplayer feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734066-Far-Cry-3-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Feedback-NO-SPOILERS-PLEASE). The information in the thread is forwarded to the team actively.