PDA

View Full Version : It's time to talk about the lock system and abilities that DON'T WORK!!!

SpontaneousC0W
12-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Alright I have had ENOUGH! with these things lately. I am just a player who loves tpo have fun, but I hardly ever can with this crap! First of all the lock system is GARBAGE. You lock the right person, but NOPE looks like you killed that civilian. Honestly this is my face when this happens (Not actually me just to make you laugh :L)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fKZwgS2TzdY/TUJB8PPkdSI/AAAAAAAACbI/ZeQICLFeQJs/s1600/DSC05153.JPG

Now to abilities... Oh gosh where do I start... The things I am going to go over is the two things that it most commonly happens to me. Teleport and Animus Shield. When I'm Teleporting I'm already freakin' fading away and I get knifed. (Now usually in Revelations you would just get knifed after you Teleport) Not here :/ It stops your teleport!!!!!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I've also been pulled back SO MANY TIMES when I already Teleported. It will send me back to where I was teleporting even though I already Teleported away.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/124/9/c/Face_Screaming.jpg

Now animus shield. It just dosen't work. I'm here using animus shield running away with the artifact and guess what?
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120621011627/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/19/Hidden_gun_in_multiplayer.jpg/640px-Hidden_gun_in_multiplayer.jpg
BOOM GET SHOT!!!!! D;

So here is my message to you Ubisoft.

We have al been begging here PLEASE fix your servers!!! We don't give a flying *insert fart noise* about DLC until these servers are FIXED!! PLEASE!!!!! :(

Questions to everyone: Do you have any times where abilities just don't want to work? Or your lock system sucks?! Post below! Let's talk about it
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22448456.jpg

UnsparingWord
12-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I agree with all of your points and also Throwing Wipe does not work. The player you threw it at is still able to use their abilities and are not affected by the wipe whatsoever

SpontaneousC0W
12-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I agree with all of your points and also Throwing Wipe does not work. The player you threw it at is still able to use their abilities and are not affected by the wipe whatsoever
I've actually heard a lot of flack with wipe. I never used it so yeah ^_^

Evil 5teven
12-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Well...

1) Throwing Knives now DO stop Teleport, which is just fine. A good, solid counter for Artifact Assault. Wipe does as well, and the abilities become wiped and unusable, since it works perfectly OK.
If your target was not in range of your wipe, then no wonder.

2) You get shot with Animus Shield? You probably have recieved multiple attacks already. Animus Shield has charges which deplete. Craft it for more charges and you're more likely to survive.

3) As for lag...I totally agree!

UnsparingWord
12-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Well...

1) Throwing Knives now DO stop Teleport, which is just fine. A good, solid counter for Artifact Assault. Wipe does as well, and the abilities become wiped and unusable, since it works perfectly OK.
If your target was not in range of your wipe, then no wonder.

2) You get shot with Animus Shield? You probably have recieved multiple attacks already. Animus Shield has charges which deplete. Craft it for more charges and you're more likely to survive.

3) As for lag...I totally agree!

1) No throwing wipe does not work. . . has been tested and proven multiple times. Dropping wipe does, yes, but locking onto a target and throwing at them does not. Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzcHuzHv7qw&feature=g-user-u

2) It has happened to me multiple times. I have my shield crafted for two charges. I hear one gun shot bounce off and one charge dissappears. I hear a second gun shot go off and the second charge dissapears, but immediately after I just drop dead. So the shield takes the bullet, but you still die. So yeah, the charges is NOT what Spontaneous is referring too

najzere
12-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Respect the lock!

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
12-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Okay....lag? Because it exists in all games.....sooo...umm...better internet? Also, if you cant use THIS lock. Well then hell have mercy on your soul because its the most simple pos to use...just sayin

swiftavenger212
12-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Okay....lag? Because it exists in all games.....sooo...umm...better internet? Also, if you cant use THIS lock. Well then hell have mercy on your soul because its the most simple pos to use...just sayin

Lock system is broken (not the locking) but interaction. SOmetimes I would lock someone else and end up interacting with someone else. A lot of times I would poison my target then lock my pursuer, press square, and my guy kills the target like really??

They need the hard lock from ACB back. I dont know why its so hard to bring back something that worked perfectly.

SeeknDestroy1318
12-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Lock system is broken (not the locking) but interaction. SOmetimes I would lock someone else and end up interacting with someone else. A lot of times I would poison my target then lock my pursuer, press square, and my guy kills the target like really??

They need the hard lock from ACB back. I dont know why its so hard to bring back something that worked perfectly.

^This but i would hardly say it worked perfectly but it definitely functioned better.

Free_Hidings
12-07-2012, 10:01 PM
I hate this "loose lock" ********. SO many times I will poison a target discreetly, then lock another and go to kill them and be swerved / slide kill the poisoned target. Peice of ****ing ****. Also often I will lock the target and end up killing a random (ie not decoy or bodyguard) civilian for no reason.

I have no problem with knives countering teleport though, teleport should be hard to use because it can be highly effective.

I never use wipe so I can't comment on that.

AFuzzyBrownBear
12-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Yea I can lock perfectly fine all the time. Sometimes it does have strange priority things but it isn't too noticeable in Deathmatch. It's saved me a few times by random luck when spamming the kill button in a clusterf***. It's saved my pursuers a few times too. And as for abilities, I just play deathmatch for now...no problems with throwing wipe in deathmatch as far as I've seen...Also everything seems to work perfectly there. Only problem is lag smokebombs but whatever, we get by

SpontaneousC0W
12-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Yea I can lock perfectly fine all the time. Sometimes it does have strange priority things but it isn't too noticeable in Deathmatch. It's saved me a few times by random luck when spamming the kill button in a clusterf***. It's saved my pursuers a few times too. And as for abilities, I just play deathmatch for now...no problems with throwing wipe in deathmatch as far as I've seen...Also everything seems to work perfectly there. Only problem is lag smokebombs but whatever, we get by

Give me your internet connection then please? <(^-^<)

guitargod33
12-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Give me your internet connection then please? <(^-^<)

This. Also, just to clarify to whoever felt they are superior to the rest of us, I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the action of locking. He's talking about locking one persona but still interacting with a different one.

Murd3r Claws
12-08-2012, 12:31 AM
no no no let me tell u about this BS here. first of all teleport. I have lost count of how many times i get to a person who is teleporting and go to kill them only for them to NINJA DODGE and still get away. it even says in the little thing when u get killed while teleporting u cant do jack. you are vulnerable meaning you CANNOT defend yourself...and half the time when this happens they JUST started the teleport...so APPARENTLY ninja dodging makes it activate IMMEDIATELY. but when i use it i either always get killed or i actually do ninja dodge and it STOPS. i can also knife a guy who just started it and he STILL GETS TO TELEPORT.

Next is animus sheild. I have mine crafted for duration and charge...now since this quickscope crap happened i still get shot with it on...now u may say u must have gotten shot by more than 2 bullets....mk...well this is the exact match...Virginia Plantation 3 vs 1...I run to his side and flip on my AS i believe duration is 2.5 secs if not 3 when crafted...so 1 second with it on...shot dead...i thought it was my connection but this has happened multiple times to most of my friends...its utter crap...

the lock system...well everything has been said but ill add one...i just love when u lock someone...lets say im hanging in wall hump posistion...i lock butt cannot kill...spam X...nothing...i even had a friend test this...he stood underneath me and taunted me....so apparently u have to look right at the person to kill him...stupid...

Free_Hidings
12-08-2012, 05:20 AM
no no no let me tell u about this BS here. first of all teleport. I have lost count of how many times i get to a person who is teleporting and go to kill them only for them to NINJA DODGE and still get away. it even says in the little thing when u get killed while teleporting u cant do jack. you are vulnerable meaning you CANNOT defend yourself...and half the time when this happens they JUST started the teleport...so APPARENTLY ninja dodging makes it activate IMMEDIATELY. but when i use it i either always get killed or i actually do ninja dodge and it STOPS. i can also knife a guy who just started it and he STILL GETS TO TELEPORT.

Next is animus sheild. I have mine crafted for duration and charge...now since this quickscope crap happened i still get shot with it on...now u may say u must have gotten shot by more than 2 bullets....mk...well this is the exact match...Virginia Plantation 3 vs 1...I run to his side and flip on my AS i believe duration is 2.5 secs if not 3 when crafted...so 1 second with it on...shot dead...i thought it was my connection but this has happened multiple times to most of my friends...its utter crap...

the lock system...well everything has been said but ill add one...i just love when u lock someone...lets say im hanging in wall hump posistion...i lock butt cannot kill...spam X...nothing...i even had a friend test this...he stood underneath me and taunted me....so apparently u have to look right at the person to kill him...stupid...

Pretty sure default animus shield duration is 3 or 5 seconds. I have mine crafted 1 point duration 1 point charge, I think it lasts 5 or 7.5 seconds. (feels like quite a while anyway)

The teleport thing I would have to see video evidence, it works as it should for me, the only problem I have had is aiming the lock at the teleporter as they begin teleing and throw knives for a quick disruption but for some reason the lock flicks to a random civilian and the teleporter is safe to fly away... That makes me angry. But I have never knifed someone and they still teled. Remember there is a "point of no return" with tele, after which you are invincible (this is like the last second or two before you actually tele) with the delay of lag you can sometimes throw the knife and by the time it hits they have gone past this point.. So you can't expect it to interrupt them.