PDA

View Full Version : Team modes so broken--- Just get rid of Abstergo ladder!

SeeknDestroy1318
12-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Title says it all,

Im tired of playing match after match in team modes to get no gain whatsoever or weirdly enough 1 person on our team get point gains(happens to be the highest rank of the team not the lowest) while the rest of us get none. This thing ends up being just a stupid frustrating system that doesn't work as intended so since you haven't made any effort to fix it(explaining it doesn't do anything if it doesn't actually work) then just get rid of it because it is an EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!​

Hastatus_Atratus
12-07-2012, 06:06 AM
It does work. It just doesn't work they way you'd like it to. If you don't like it you could just learn to ignore it. The Abstergo Ladder is like a religion it's not right or wrong...you just have faith in it or you don't. I think people need a little bit of Abstergo Ladder tolerance. At the most Ubisoft should give people an option to turn off the score display upon match completions so the people with weaker wills don't have to see it (even though it would still be operating in the background).

SeeknDestroy1318
12-07-2012, 06:36 AM
um no it doesn't work not in team modes.
Points accumulation is completely random and nonsensical. When a buddy of mine is higher ranked than i am has a worse game than i do gets points and i get none (=) against any team, (both noobs and legendary ranked players) than it is a broken system that doesn't operate with any sort of logical functionality.

When i get points and the rest of my team gets double the number that i do despite some have higher ranks than me and some don't that is a broken system.

When we play for an entire evening and not resulting in any sort of point gain an entire night of (=) against a variety of players and ranks than that is simply a broken system.

Lastly the ladder isn't a quasi philosophical idea or theology it is a algorithmic function based on mathematics written in a computer code, either that code is functional or it is not simple as that.

Free_Hidings
12-07-2012, 06:46 AM
I was playing with some low prestige (level 50 or *1, I am *2) against clan members around *4 and when we won, I recieved 10-20 points, when we lost, I lost about 90. I don't care about abstergo score and spend some games mucking around completely, but still interesting to note. Definately seems dodgy, especially when beating a higher leveled clan gives bugger all and being beaten by one hits your score hard. Maybe they had crappy abstergo scores?

Hastatus_Atratus
12-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I was playing with some low prestige (level 50 or *1, I am *2) against clan members around *4 and when we won, I recieved 10-20 points, when we lost, I lost about 90. I don't care about abstergo score and spend some games mucking around completely, but still interesting to note. Definately seems dodgy, especially when beating a higher leveled clan gives bugger all and being beaten by one hits your score hard. Maybe they had crappy abstergo scores?

Yes your last stament is exactly what messes up almost everyone's understanding of the ladder. Level/Prestige does not equal Abstergo Rank, nor is it even related in any manner whatsoever. Everyone that complains about the system never has access to any of their opponent's Abstergo Scores in the matches they complain about so there is never any possible way to prove what they are saying. They are just assuming facts not in evidence based on their emotions.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/Hastatus_Atratus/DSC00252.jpg

SeeknDestroy1318
12-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Well it doesn't mess up my understanding of the ladder i understand the difference b/w level and rank. And i can tell you that even when facing players of higher RANK i will still net no points for beating them, and a teammate in my group of higher RANK would receive points while i would not for the same game.

Oh as for facts not in evidence i actually check the other players RANKS in their player profiles before the start of the match so i please don't treat me with kid gloves or like im some invalid incapable of understanding basic principles of mathematics or algorithmic functions. I also understand cause and effect and cognitive bias, i have demonstrated the former and lack the latter

All due respect i understand if the ladder is working fine for you as it is clearly working fine for my friend who i use as the example for why the ladder is broken but for me and most of my other friends the ladder and point accumulation simply doesn't work properly.

montagemik
12-07-2012, 08:51 AM
The game was simply More fun without the whole Prestige OR Abstergo points gain / penalty system ..........Neither do anything to improve the gameplay & as others have stated , makes the whole teamplay modes Worthless .

Sure MP has many improvements over AC-B / AC-R , But wasn't it simply More fun in previous AC games without this pointless leveling system ??

SeeknDestroy1318
12-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Brotherhood had the most fun appeal, just your level and a templar grade no one would back out of a lobby unless they knew you by name and few if any quit or went AFK during a match.

montagemik
12-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Brotherhood had the most fun appeal, just your level and a templar grade no one would back out of a lobby unless they knew you by name and few if any quit or went AFK during a match.

Exactly my point - As it is right now a prestige 5 will often quit before the end if a lower rank is about to win ......especially if lower than lvl 50 .
But they're happy enough to scour the match ups looking for games full of lvl 0-50 to whoop for easy points.

AC-B , everybody soon reached lvl 50 & just played for the hell of it . No panic over losing a few matches .

SoXFan231642
12-07-2012, 09:54 AM
those types are the worst, the game is alot more fun when its challenging...
i stay in deathmatches even if another player has made me furious because id rather have fun with competition than dominate a bunch of people that barely understand the games mechanics....
but thats just me.
i stopped doing simple deathmatches because i cant ever find any prestiges playing it, and im not going to quit a game full of level 10's because the ladder will penalize me.

Empyreal Light
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree...the AC multi-player is a lot better when people aren't worried about how they rank against people around the world...it's like a double edged sword..I was happy when i made it to the top 100, but it was a pain because when I felt like I was about to lose a match, I admit that I would leave because of the abstergo score and ladder..but after I got in the top 100 I didn't care anymore because I just wanted the RELIC that came from the hard work..

http://i47.tinypic.com/2l96q6h.jpg

VitoAuditore
12-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I do care about the ladder, because it almost only teams me up with/puts me against people who totally pwn me. my ladder rank is professional(why@^&#@fkn ubi) so I almost only get matched with people my rank or higher... even getting into teams with another level 50(im level 50) against a legendary prestige 8 and a prof prestige 5 or smthn... while I am a below average player. srsly I hate the abstergo ladder it doesnt make sense >.>

UnsparingWord
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Points accumulation is completely random and nonsensical. When a buddy of mine is higher ranked than i am has a worse game than i do gets points and i get none (=) against any team, (both noobs and legendary ranked players) than it is a broken system that doesn't operate with any sort of logical functionality. double the number that i do despite some have higher ranks than me and some don't that is a broken system.

There is a bug where only the party leader will gain points while the rest of the group gets "=". It happens on and off. That is probably what is happening to you.

I agree that the ladder should be removed as it has ruined team modes. I can play say, 30 games one night; the other team will quit out of 25 of them. It is **** near impossible to keep a full lobby because everyone is so worried about their rank.

The ladder mechanics are broken. The way it works now is not how they Ubi described in their post, but rather then fix it, I rather they just remove it.