PDA

View Full Version : Wolfpack!

facemunkey
12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Can this have a restricted mode for players over lvl 25 or something - players who understand the strategy is TO REACH THE POINTS LEVEL FOR THE SEQUENCE aka stealth and high scoring kills, and that a synch kill is really cool, and really uncool when someone stuffs it up cos they just don't know better. It's driving me mental.
EDIT - to be clear, I'm not b1tchin about it, I just reckon another game type would work

lawliet250
12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
dude just play it solo wtf and stop complaining about this crap i finished solo hardcore over 3 times and 2 times hardcore grouped with a friend, if you want to play it to get that trophy play it on standard solo or play it WITH A FRIEND its so easy lol.....

facemunkey
12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Dude. Is there any need to be so aggressive? I'm only suggesting there is a higher level game, to reduce the number of people learning while your playing is all. I've done it solo - I play it with friends, sometimes though, I'd like to play online. Jeez.

lawliet250
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM
dude your not the 1st to complain about noobs in wolfpack being agressive on these forums ,theres no hope playing with randoms wolfpack just so you know play it with friends or solo

facemunkey
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I know that eh... just had a bad day with it. After about 10,000 times tryin' FINALLY found a bunch to win :)

steryman_007
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey I'm actually feeling the same thing. If you are playing on PC then I'd be glad to play wolfpack with you :)

facemunkey
12-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Hey I'm actually feeling the same thing. If you are playing on PC then I'd be glad to play wolfpack with you :) thanks :-) Am PS3 tho'

SoXFan231642
12-07-2012, 09:23 AM
wolfpack has been fun but once i finish up these almost completed challenges i doubt ill have any reason to ever play it again, i hope they expand on the co-op.

montagemik
12-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Dude. Is there any need to be so aggressive? I'm only suggesting there is a higher level game, to reduce the number of people learning while your playing is all. I've done it solo - I play it with friends, sometimes though, I'd like to play online. Jeez.

Yeah - you're Not at his level - so you're deemed as s*** on his boot - It's called elitism ...............Once certain types of people have accomplished something - Everyone else is just of lesser importance.
Like videogames = real social status or something . :rolleyes: You get used to their rants eventually . LOL

steryman_007
12-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah - you're Not at his level - so you're deemed as s*** on his boot - It's called elitism ...............Once certain types of people have accomplished something - Everyone else is just of lesser importance.
Like videogames = real social status or something . :rolleyes: You get used to their rants eventually . LOL

I guess what he meant was that he doesn't like everybody running around like dumbs scoring only 100 points per kill, and with players like these you won't last long. By level 25, he didn't meant the players really need to have a good skill, but at least they know it will do no good to run while in the field of view of the target. I may have reached a level of experience by playing a lot Revelations, but that doesn't mean I don't accept newbies, but only who want to play seriously/correctly, so they can reach sequence 25 by making more than 100 points.

Rogue-Eaglet
12-07-2012, 05:39 PM
*snorts*

Even if you made this mode available to those above lvl 25 you'd still end up facing the same problem. There's people with prestige level that still run, gun and hang about on rooftops all session, so they still wouldn't understand the concept in Wolfpack.

lGRETCHENl
12-09-2012, 01:04 AM
I understand what he is saying, and since I don't really socialize in the game, almost all of my friends on PSN are people I ACTUALLY know, and they play different games than I do, I can't have a private match in Wolfpack.
It would be cool if the different levels (Standard, Difficult, Hardcore) could be OPEN, but the people had to select their level at the beginning. That way, (hopefully) the people selecting the difficult or hardcore already know how to play so that you all have the common objective of getting higher-score kills. I will admit, it took me about 10 times of playing Wolfpack to truly understand the objectives (primarily because the game is REALLY short when you don't know what to do... think sequence 7, not 25). After I played the first time and KNEW that I totally didn't get it, I wished there was an "Introductory Wolfpack" session where the game would pause to explain (kind of like the training session of deathmatch... and if there is a tutorial for wolfpack, I just didn't find it). It would have been VERY valuable, and I'm sure the people I played with would have appreciated me actually knowing how to play it. I understand what you mean about elitism, but perhaps having the tiered open sessions where you selected the level, or chose to be non-competitive (anyone remember recreational mode on some of the older multiplayer games?) would be a non-elitist solution? If you're self-selecting the level at which you are comfortable rather than being randomly thrown into a match where you may or may not be well-matched, it isn't elitism. Kind of like applying for a job that you have the skills to do until you learn the skills needed for the next promotion isn't elitism. I'm not complaining about the game mode, just as I'm sure facemunkey wasn't, but I understand the frustration of not even getting to kill anyone because you're trying to earn the focus bonus and someone who just doesn't know runs up and kills your target for a very low score. It would definitely be nice to have a way to play with people who already know the game once you've learned it.

slade109
12-09-2012, 01:34 AM
after seeing all those cool sync kills i love playing it with people so if you need a partner feel free to add me. ps3 slade109

oh and i'd appreciate if you message me why you're adding me if you are though :D please and thank you

steryman_007
12-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Well, I'd be glad to have a good match of Wolfpack with some players good at this. Add me (PC): steryman_007

But first send me a message so I know you want to play Wolfpack :)

BraveDude8
12-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I hate playing public Wolfpack. There should be a sign that comes up whenever you start that says - POINTS ARE WHAT MATTERS, NOT KILLS. GET POINTS BY BEING STEALTHY. Because every single time I've joined a public Wolfpack, that is exactly what happened.

And I'm not some crazy vet, I never played Brotherhood or Revelations MP and I'm only level 8 in AC3. Difference is, I listened to the tutorial.

slade109
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I hate playing public Wolfpack. There should be a sign that comes up whenever you start that says - POINTS ARE WHAT MATTERS, NOT KILLS. GET POINTS BY BEING STEALTHY. Because every single time I've joined a public Wolfpack, that is exactly what happened.

And I'm not some crazy vet, I never played Brotherhood or Revelations MP and I'm only level 8 in AC3. Difference is, I listened to the tutorial.
I was thinking a kick option, but it'd probably be abused :/

kite9000
12-25-2012, 10:14 PM
It's no wonder though. When you start playing it the first thing you notice is that everyone is running around as if they are playing COD or BF3. The result being that the only way to get any points is to do the same.

Level of the player doesn't make a difference. I have seen prestige players mess up a game of wolfpack because they had no clue what the idea was. I have seen level 50 players total bollocks up a sync kill because they only cared for having the most kills.

Age doesn't matter either. So far the only time I have been able to get to and finish level 25 is with one early teen, one not even in his teens and me, who has been playing computer games before their parents were born.

People at large and online players in particular are in general blind, even when the games says and shows you the intention. They are also lazy, because they don't want to achieve anything but just want some numbers to be high so that they can smack their chest and claim to be good instead of actual taking the time to learn how to do it so that it would be good.

doomsday416
12-25-2012, 10:37 PM

This would help alot it be harder for the noobs to ignore a giant box that wont go away for alittle while they should totally add that in ... and add a option to remove it for other game types .. that would also be nice and like a few other people mentioned i dont think adding the harder open gametypes would do much as the noobs would wana do them just to try and feel more badass :/

doomsday416
12-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Well, like ted said, you'll have a 0,1% chance of finding a good player in matchmaking. :l

u shure its that high? lol

Cryptic Fox
01-02-2013, 09:32 AM
well the best way to solve this problem is to host your own wolfpack sessions, but I agree, its no fun playing with players who run and steal kills -_-

cjdavies
01-02-2013, 11:05 AM
I played a match last night:-

Player 1: 13 kills = 13800
Me: 12 kills = 11300
Player 3: 28 kills = 8850 - 25 Reckless!

Me and Player 1 had no mic but we understood each other, 2 targets in a group, I locked one they had other, both had Incog, Hidden, Poison and Focus. When they were tailing a target, I left them to it knowing they would a high score.

While later I went for Incog, Hidden, Poison and Focus, while Poison in effect, Player 3 rushes in for the kill!