PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt...help

BATISTABUS
12-06-2012, 07:37 AM
So, I haven't really played AC multiplayer since the Brotherhood days. I've been playing a lot of Wolf Pack recently, but today I decided to try out Mahunt. Long story short, my teem got utterly decimated by a non-stop barrage of smoke bombs, something that I thought was meant to be lessened in this game. Can anyone give me advice on how to counter that as a team? Is there a way to beat OSB without OSB? Or is this mode just as broken as it has been in the past? Thanks.

Phalanx585
12-06-2012, 09:00 AM
A well-timed Animus Shield or Wipe does good for me. But I think they could've given SB a 2 minute cooldown and people would probably STILL use all the time. Just how the game is played.

Moi-dix-Mois43
12-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Smoke crafted for cooldown + overall cooldowns as a perk make it just as ridiculous as the previous games. As Phalanx stated, well-timed animus shield (which is still pretty stupid - hey, people need a counter to smoke? Let's take up an extra ability slot with an ability that has a cooldown just as long as smoke!) or Wipe, though again, Wipe can be a waste of an ability slot, but useful against whole grouped teams filled to the brim with rapid reload smoke :(

DeanOMiite
12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
If I'm worried about getting smoked (like at the start of a match when everybody has spawned in together and everybody has all their abilities ready) then I go for aerials and acrobatics. If they aren't near leadges/roofs/obstacles then I use wipe. Animus shield would work too but I like the additional benefit of wipe that it reveals real people. Plus it has a huge range, I have mine crafted for long lasting so it's a whopping ten seconds (feels like FOREVER when you're a target about to be killed and you can't use your defensive abilities). And you can throw it like a bomb. It just works really well for me on manhunt on offense.

SageM1A
12-06-2012, 06:58 PM
You have wipe and animus shield.

Wolfsbane5
12-06-2012, 09:51 PM
You're having problems with OSB while being the defender or the pursuer?
Both use the smoke bomb way to much.
For pursuers its simple: Wipe + Animus Shield (preferably with 2 charges, crafted) and Hidden gun (crafted for less aim time)

Start with a gun kill, thats 1 person less thats using smoke on your team, then go in with wipe. (Wipe = 5 secs mute + eagle vision)
Clearly marking who to kill. You'll be vurnerable while performing the second kill, but you have a team thats supposed to protect you/ kill the others.
Smoke instead of Animus Shield does wonders for that weak moment when you kill someone, just drop it when you perform your kill and you'll be save.

- As for dealing with that annoying smoke while defending... Tripwire and more smoke. Running away + animus shield also works if you prefer escape bonuses over stuns.
- There are a few other abilities I like, but dealing with smoke bombs is just plain annoying.

BigUrn
12-06-2012, 11:09 PM
The single best perk in this game is resilence. Resilence can shut anything on this game down. Even if someone has crafted SB for maximum time resilence cuts it down to basically a uncrafted SB. As for the ones who craft for cooldown SB becomes not a problem as it last for what 2 seconds? A very good way to beat OSB is just by knowing that they are using it when I play people I know are using this tactic I just change up my play style walking crowds become a must as the smokers are so easy to spot as they see you walking stop then aim the smoke just begging to be stunned while aiming. Always moving is a must against OSB as standing in a stationary crowd makes you a sitting duck and it's much easier for them to just walk up and smoke.

utriej
12-07-2012, 01:09 AM
My general style in Manhunt is similiar to others. It often depends on a few things- type of people on the other team (noob vs. vet) as to what you need to be aware of and what you may get away with (ie you're much less likely to get a corner stun on a vet vs. noob, or if someone is using trip-wire, approach differently. Those little buggers have a crazy short cooldown and constantly fool even veteran players). Also timing, obviously at the beginning of a match everyone is fully equipped. The second round of killing is usually different than the initial confrontation. Usually the defenders are on cooldown.
I usually start with a gun kill on someone that's likely to have smoke, one less defender to worry about. I like wipe on offense, not for the eagle-vision/reveal, because screening targets is usually pretty easy, but to shut down the defensive smoke.
To an experienced player, you should be able to pick out someone setting up for a corner-stun. Climb for an ariel or acrobatic, take the corner wide, or just mark them for a teammate to get.
Animus Shield is nice, but cooldown is too long. The number of opportunities where it's useful suck compared to smoke or other abilities, so not really worth it.
One obvious thing to watch for is the person that's "Nesting" lol. What I mean is that person guarding a small spot, making themself obvious, etc...they're trying to bait you into a landmine. Look at the ground, you can almost always see them and skirt around em somehow.

BigUrn
12-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Yeah I love those dudes sometimes not even standing in a blend spot just walking in circles or my favorite taunting. I always chuckle when some noob actually runs towards them only to get stunned cracks me up. I actually had a decent thread awhile back ago about ways to counter OSB but sadly trolls got it shut down. Hope this one actually sticks around awhile as the newer players might not know how to counter it

BATISTABUS
12-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Wipe is 5 seconds of mute and Templar Vision combined?? Who's idea was that? No wonder their entire team was glowing...I thought Templar Vision was gone.

I'm really disappointed. Thanks for all your advice everyone, but I don't know if I'll return to this mode. Even if I could figure it out, it doesn't really seem fun to me. I was really hoping for that cat-mouse game-play from early Brotherhood, but I guess we're stuck with cat-cat again. Oh well...at least Wolf Pack is awesome.

lilkiller63
12-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Think of every single game you play is like a game of chess. Your objective is to get inside your opponents head. think how they think, and ALWAYS be one step ahead of them.

Dirtyhonkie
12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
If your getting osb while blending then you just need more practice. You will start to see it coming. I NEVER get osb'ed maybe 1 in every 50 times I die or less. For example I see my attacker walking up. I target him. If he aims he takes my knife to the gut, I then run up and knock his teef out, taunt and run or drop smoke when he starts to get up and knock the rest his teef out and taunt again. Lol And walking up on me undisguised ima try to drop mine 1st. Also try a body guard, if he kills it run up and stun, and then right when he starts to get up drop your smoke bomb and stun him again. Makes kids mad as hell lol. Always use smoke bomb when being pursued. My second choice is morph or body guard. Usually morph though because I find that it makes it a lil harder for people to get you in a big moving mob of morphs. I don't like tripwire as much anymore because now it can be walked thru slow walking in ac3 and its not the same as it was. Those are a few quick ideas that come to mind for me.