PDA

View Full Version : Simple Wanted?

Farlander1991
12-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Is there a 'Simple Wanted' mode in AC3? I.e. without abilities?

I've never played any of the 'Simple' modes in ACR (and I never managed to get ACB multiplayer to work on PC). But in AC3, for some reason, I couldn't play any other mode than Simple Deathmatch (maybe has to do something with the PC port, because finding games was always funky on PC, or... I dunno). And, you know what? I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. You have to be a lot more creative to get a high score kill, or a stun that is not contested.

So I was wondering if there's 'Simple Wanted' in AC3. Just you, other players, lots of clones, and nothing but a radar and pure psychology. No smoke bombs, poison, crowd morphing, throwing knives, mines or any of those abilities (which I all used while playing ACR multiplayer, but I find it much more enjoyable now to play without those). I couldn't find it anywhere in the Custom Match options, wonder if it even exists.

Thanks.

shiroyukinohime
12-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Nope. Simple Deathmatch is the only ability-less mode there is.

Carbiner
12-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Simple Wanted could work with a super imprecise compass a la Advanced Wanted in ACB; probably be too reliant on luck with NPC clones otherwise. Assassinate would work relatively well however. But its just DM for now and since its evidently much easier to find a game that just started in Simple DM it's rapidly becoming my most played mode.

Farlander1991
12-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Shame. I'm really enjoying it without abilities.

Free_Hidings
12-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Problem is, players will get into a pattern of getting a kill, then spending hours running around on rooftops point starving their pursuers until they are able to get another kill. Roof running paradise. No thanks Jeff lol

Farlander1991
12-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Problem is, players will get into a pattern of getting a kill, then spending hours running around on rooftops point starving their pursuers until they are able to get another kill. Roof running paradise. No thanks Jeff lol

That happens everywhere in normal wanted mode :p Although good point that in wanted with abilities people have more chances to stop the bastards.

Free_Hidings
12-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah that's the thing, you can stop them with knives or guns. I'm not saying I don't think simple wanted would be cool, I can just see it being abused by many and ultimately not fun unless playing with like minded players.

I would rather see Alliance and Corruption / Steal the Artifact back in first.

Farlander1991
12-06-2012, 07:47 AM
As far as I understand, in AC3 the throwing knives is a separated ranged action that is not part of the Ability #1/Ability #2 thing... so maybe in Simple Wanted that could be kept in, but all other abilities - out? It's not like you can use those effectively against anybody but people running like crazy (or, well, you can use them to stun somebody who's normally walking who you know is your target/assassin, but that requires a good deal of, well, trained observational skills to make that call)

And, I didn't play ACB multiplayer (as mentioned previously, couldn't get ACB multiplayer to work on PC), but isn't Alliance essentially Manhunt?

Free_Hidings
12-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Ahh, that could work! Just give everyone knives OR gun.

Well I actually never got to play Alliance but it sounds awesome. I believe it is 3 teams of 2, and for the whole 10 minute round you have one team designated as pursuer, the other as target. IE it doesn't switch around during the game, like Manhunt does.

So it is actually quite different to Manhunt, and sounds really awesome... Basically a CO OP mode that isn't too predictable or boring (wolfpack)