PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III Liberation - How to play as Connor?

godthefather
12-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Sorry if this is too n00bish of me, but after syncing with AC III on the PS3, how to you initiate the mission as Connor?

the_heat11
12-05-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm pretty sure that it's just a mission that involves Connor, not you actually playing as him. I MAY be wrong though, i don't have a VIta.

godthefather
12-05-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that it's just a mission that involves Connor, not you actually playing as him. I MAY be wrong though, i don't have a VIta.

I'm afraid you are, at least this came with the game:
http://i.imgur.com/rLk17.jpg

DemonLord4lf
12-05-2012, 02:07 AM
i've been wondering the same thing

Dangerzone50
12-05-2012, 02:17 AM
*Mild spoilers ahead*

one you reach a certain sequence, you will play a mission in NY with connor at your side, if you have completed this mission and synced your ACL and AC3 copies with the USB cable, then it will unlock a special mission after this one in the dna folder called "Connors way" which allows you to play that same memory from Connors perspective

The mission does not play automatically, you have to seach the DNA folder for it once you reach that point

DemonLord4lf
12-05-2012, 02:18 AM
So it's just a replay? Its not a mission per say? Well that's annoying... thanks for the info

godthefather
12-05-2012, 02:25 AM
*Mild spoilers ahead*

one you reach a certain sequence, you will play a mission in NY with connor at your side, if you have completed this mission and synced your ACL and AC3 copies with the USB cable, then it will unlock a special mission after this one in the dna folder called "Connors way" which allows you to play that same memory from Connors perspective

The mission does not play automatically, you have to seach the DNA folder for it once you reach that point

It's kind of misleading then... But thanks for the info.

Dangerzone50
12-05-2012, 02:32 AM
well you really do play as him, you get a bunch of his moves, weapons, and junk like the bow (which only he can use, they dont transfer over to avaline). he has the right look, voice and game play feel, and his "path" really is quite different from hers. its essentially a 5 minute stab fest, lol

but its no lie, quite fun, and a nice little easter egg... i know you all expected more, but hey, this is Ac and that seems to be what the series does best now... Disappoint.

godthefather
12-05-2012, 02:56 AM
well you really do play as him, you get a bunch of his moves, weapons, and junk like the bow (which only he can use, they dont transfer over to avaline). he has the right look, voice and game play feel, and his "path" really is quite different from hers. its essentially a 5 minute stab fest, lol

but its no lie, quite fun, and a nice little easter egg... i know you all expected more, but hey, this is Ac and that seems to be what the series does best now... Disappoint.

I think I found the easter egg xD

Jexx21
12-05-2012, 03:53 AM

How is it disappointing? They delivered what they promised.

godthefather
12-05-2012, 04:45 AM
How is it disappointing? They delivered what they promised.

*Mild spoilers ahead*

Well, not quite. By definition an exclusive mission means that the mission would be unique. In reality, the mission is the same as Aveline's although they cover different inner objectives for them to reach their goal. But the goal is common and they arrange what they do in it between themselves.
I'm not saying it wasn't nice. It actually had a nice touch to it. I'm just saying that this wasn't what I had expected considering what the leaflet said.

Dangerzone50
12-05-2012, 05:07 AM
I think them including this was just to prove that ACL uses a variant of the same anvil next engine as AC3... and agree that the meaning was implied that the mission would be "all new"

This mission is also obviously not cannon... as none of this happened or was mentioned in Ac3, despite it clearly being set during the events of Ac3. Maybe if they had set this afterward, they could have gotten away with it... but...

godthefather
12-05-2012, 05:20 AM
This mission is also obviously not cannon... as none of this happened or was mentioned in Ac3, despite it clearly being set during the events of Ac3. Maybe if they had set this afterward, they could have gotten away with it... but...

*Mild spoilers ahead*

I don't see why can't it be. We've seen Aveline's version, it only supports it. Also, also the user o the Animus isn't relieving his own ancestor memories but someone else's recorded by Abstergo. A man living in the 1700s that had descendants most probably have multiple living descendants now. Abstergo's subject might even be a cross descendant of Aveline and Connor, or one of each and put both memories in the recording.

It'd made more sense if the hole game wasn't cannon, really. It makes no sense Abstergo releasing the Animus to the public...

Dangerzone50
12-05-2012, 05:59 AM
no i mean that he mentions that achilles give him the mission to come see her, he obviously dies before the end of Ac3 so this had to have taken place during the events of AC3, so its obviously not cannon... had they left that bit out, then one could argue that their meeting was after the events of Ac3

DemonLord4lf
12-05-2012, 07:32 AM
no i mean that he mentions that achilles give him the mission to come see her, he obviously dies before the end of Ac3 so this had to have taken place during the events of AC3, so its obviously not cannon... had they left that bit out, then one could argue that their meeting was after the events of Ac3

Achilles told him in his dreams!!! O_O

godthefather
12-10-2012, 07:03 AM
*Mild spoilers*
They meet in 1777, in between the time frame of Assassin's Creed III. But I don't see why would't it be cannon still. In AC3 you have some time leaps between memory sequences. Many things could have happen in them, and this is one of those. As it wasn't relevant for Desmond nor Juno it may have been skipped.