PDA

View Full Version : Free download of FarCry3 with my purchase of an AMD HD7850 2GB OC...asking for a key!

Mickyboy75
12-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Hiya,

I recently bought the above GPU that had a free download of FarCry3 attached to it. I went through the process of inputting the coupon code which inturn allowed me to start downloading the game ( which took ages btw ) and upon trying to actually play the game, it is asking for a CD key / activation key. I recieved 3 emails but none of them included anything that looks like what needs inputting.

The closest match is a serial number which contains XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Note the first numbers only has 3 spaces wheras the rest have 4 spaces.

Any help on this would much appreciated, I don't for the life of me know what I am doing wrong.

Cheers

Michael

bigbrag
12-04-2012, 10:25 PM
I have similar problems here, and even worst is that uplay tells me I don't own the game so it cannot launch. The only key I received looks like yours as well the the 3 spaces for the first group of numbers. Ubisoft dropped the ball big time on this one.

joshuasargent
12-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I can;t even figure how to download it? How did you download the game? from uPlay or link in e-mail?

SGforte
12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
When I got my copy of AC3 from Ustore I was sent an email with the code, this time, nothing, not a **** thing.
The only Email I got is the one from AMD.

What is this crap?

ShabbyLeo
12-05-2012, 02:42 AM
I was expecting an email also, but it seems that today download buttons became available for the game and the extra pre-order missions. The key was located in text at the same place as the download button. After 4+ hours of downloading and 1/2 hour for updates it looks like its about ready to run. Instructions say that the same key is used to activate pre-order bonus once you get the game installed. It is certainly not the easiest to understand process, but if you go to your order details you should find your key there. Hope this helps.