PDA

View Full Version : Before calling it a bug...

Itto_Okami
08-06-2004, 08:46 AM
...I would like to know if someone noticed about this strange thing.
German campaing with Bf.109F-2, I/JG2, routine mission, a CAP, while turning to reach the tail of a I-16 I entered in stall then flat spin. Bailed out and the chute opened very near to the plane. My 109 was breaked apart falling in flames while my chute didn't deployed and I was falling toward earth and i decided to end the mission hitting ESC. TADAH!! I didn't die! the situation was clear no way I could survive to the impact with the ground but leaving the mission before the impact let me be live for the next mission. I was so surprised that I forget to save a track to send to Oleg. Anyone noticed about this? If yes, could this one be called a bug?

S!

Itto

Itto_Okami
08-06-2004, 08:46 AM
...I would like to know if someone noticed about this strange thing.
German campaing with Bf.109F-2, I/JG2, routine mission, a CAP, while turning to reach the tail of a I-16 I entered in stall then flat spin. Bailed out and the chute opened very near to the plane. My 109 was breaked apart falling in flames while my chute didn't deployed and I was falling toward earth and i decided to end the mission hitting ESC. TADAH!! I didn't die! the situation was clear no way I could survive to the impact with the ground but leaving the mission before the impact let me be live for the next mission. I was so surprised that I forget to save a track to send to Oleg. Anyone noticed about this? If yes, could this one be called a bug?

S!

Itto

BombTaxi
08-06-2004, 10:16 AM
It is possible to cheat death by pressing ESC before the computer 'realises' you are dead. I think it's just the way the AI works rather than a bug. I suppose it just means that if you want to be more realistic, you shouldnt hit ESC 'til your pilot/plane hits the deck.

BombTaxi - Moving Mud since Strike Eagle III!

BBB_Hyperion
08-06-2004, 11:00 AM
You never know what happened after you press esc http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think its no bug but a feature to save offline campaigns for beeing too hard.

High Ground is not only more agreeable and salubrious, but more convenient from a military point of view; low ground is not only damp and unhealthy, but also disadvantageous for fighting.

Sun Tzu : The Art of War

Regards,
Hyperion

SeaFireLIV
08-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I hate to say it, but I`ve tried `escaping` out when I`ve bailed and the parachute`s been destroyed with me falling to doom...

And I always have to refly....

Also, has anyone noticed how HARD it seems to be to escape enemy territory when safely bailed. I seem to get captured all the time, even if miles away from anywhere... and I fly MANY missions. I wonder if the chance to evade enemy areas and capture is still in 2.04? It works well ONLINE, but OFFLINE I`m beginning to wonder...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/bluespit.jpg

Itto_Okami
08-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Uhm... now I have only to find where is the ESC key in the real life...

S!

Itto