PDA

View Full Version : Do Homestead Mission icons show up in undiscovered land?

Free_Hidings
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I am in sequence 5, going through the collectables and side missions. It is summer (Near the end of sequence 5) and thus far I only have 1 artisan. I know there are supposed to be more (A farmer in the frontier? Not sure of others) but no icons are appearing on the map. I am now going through and collecting feathers and viewpoints, but I want to know if I have already left it too late, or will the icons just show up once I uncover the area of the map that they are in?

the_heat11
12-03-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm guessing that they should, however I got all my artisans after Sequence 6 so...

FreshGroundFX
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I hate how Ubi failed to address this part of the game in such a major way. The only thing I remember the game actually teaching me about artisans is that you have to analyze them to add them to the stupid Encyclopedia of the Common Man. Then the little explanation disappeared two seconds after, I didn't even get to finish reading how to analyze the bloody artisans. Then they don't tell you just when or where you can get them, or HOW to get them. Honestly, if I spent very little time in the frontier and just did city missions, I would have played the whole game without even knowing artisans exist, or caravan missions for that matter, cus money is basically useless in this game

DeanOMiite
12-06-2012, 10:45 PM
For a game that has like two hours of tutorials in it, they sure did a bad job with their teaching haha

OP I think you're fine. From what I can tell you can do the homestead missions and discover the artisans whenever you want, it's just that there are certain homestead missions that you can't do until later points in the game. For example, you can't level up the doctor to his last level until sequence 12.

montagemik
12-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Press START - Notification center = SEE ALL MISSED Notifications.
Try looking at your Frontier / Boston / NY maps before & after each mission for any Homestead icons.

So uncovering the Full maps might be a good idea.