PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke?

Aecr0n
12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Four days ago when I tried to play AC3 again Uplay asked me for activation key, I typed it in again and this time saying the code has been banned.
I immediately concated service support and they asked me for; 1. Game manual with installation code. 2. Proof of purchase. 3. Barcode from the game's box.

Since i bought AC3 online on GameGuideWorld.net I didnt have game manual or barcode, but gave them proof of purchase and the code.
Today they conctacted me back with the following message:
Regarding your issue with the activation key, unfortunately this retailer is not on our list, we do not either sell or promote retailers to sell activation keys and games separate and for that reason are we unable to assist you . Please return to the point of purchase in order to address this issue.

They're basically saying since I didn't buy the game from them, they can't help me. And they haven't even said why the code was banned at first place.

This is the last time I buy anything from Ubisoft.

dex3108BL
12-03-2012, 10:21 PM
You have bought scanned key as i can see and that is not legal.

Aecr0n
12-03-2012, 10:28 PM
So your saying all the retailers who is selling downloadable games is illegal?

dex3108BL
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM
No. Only retailers who are selling scanned keys are illegal. Steam, GreenManGaming, GamersGate, Amazon Digital etc. are legit retailers and they are selling keys that they got from Ubisoft. Your retailer clearly stated that key is scanned, and who knows how did they got that key.

Aecr0n
12-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Well, thats the purpose of downloadable games, they have to scane the code. We're talking about hundreds of online retailers who sell games as downloadable. It doesn't matter where they got the key, because it will end up with Ubisoft since they are the one handing out the keys.

spectatorx
12-03-2012, 10:44 PM
This should be a good warning to all these who are trying to buy cheap cd-key at auction sites like ebay etc. I'm always buying games at shops, never buying from "unknown things".

dex3108BL
12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
No those are illegal retailers. Official retailer wont send you scanned cd key ever. This is not Ubisoft fault it is yours.

Aecr0n
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, thats the purpose of downloadable games, they have to scan the code. We're talking about hundreds of online retailers who sell games as downloadable. It doesn't matter where they got the key, because it will end up with Ubisoft since they are the one handing out the keys.

dex3108BL
12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
For last time scanned codes are illegal. Maybe your code came from stolen ship in Belgium. It is your fault because you didn't bought Digital version from official retailer. I have bought game on greenmangaming.com and i don't have any problems.

AWLevent
12-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I'd just like to say that, next time you buy a game. I recommend getting it from Steam. Steam is very trusted when it comes to paying for games online. It also has some benefits. Other than that, we can't help you.

Aecr0n
12-03-2012, 11:32 PM
For last time scanned codes are illegal. Maybe your code came from stolen ship in Belgium. It is your fault because you didn't bought Digital version from official retailer. I have bought game on greenmangaming.com and i don't have any problems.
Your implying every retailer which who are not listed on Assassins Creed 3's website are pirates?
Get your facts straight

kriss3d
12-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Just turn to whoever you bought the game from and demand a refund. Show them the email from UbiSoft.. They would be able to see the code you got from them and the code in the email you got from UbiSoft. They should be able to replace it with a legit code then.

Mr_Shade
12-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Just turn to whoever you bought the game from and demand a refund. Show them the email from UbiSoft.. They would be able to see the code you got from them and the code in the email you got from UbiSoft. They should be able to replace it with a legit code then.
Indeed.

The OP should contact the retailer and ask for a refund.
only official Resellers such as those listed in the thread, have the legal right to supply keys - they all also provide the download for you to use the key.

Locking thread sue to OP having the answer.