PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER! Did i miss something? ( about Sequence 9 - Part 1 - Missing Supplies)

Omegatr0n
12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi,

So at the moment im in squence 9 and got the missing about the missing supplies and i have to go to an abandoned church. Up to now i whas wondering if the confrontation between connor and his dad would be epic. But but could i have been more wrong?

Suddenly in the cinematic his dad jumps him, conner says " father" and Haytham then says something like hello son blabla bla..... i whas like " WTF?!" They build the story up to a point that its clear Haytham doesnt know about Conner existance but then in this cinematic its like he always knew.

Now i havent continued playing after this cinematic but did i miss something? Or am i the only one being dissapointed about this storywriting?

cmrggamer
12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
You did not miss anything, I think they must have honestly cut a lot of the game out because I'm sure it was actually explained in a scene before.
Like you, I was confused, and I looked it up and it seems that Haytham had learned about Connor through his men somehow.

Razrback16
12-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah this is the kind of thing I was talking about when I mentioned how scattered and anti-climactic the story plot is in my reviews on the game.

Roanark
12-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Connor MAY have known his father as a child, as Haytham wasn't exiled from the village until they found out about him being a Templar, that much is explained in the database, but whether or not he knew him is speculation as it's never clearly stated...
More than one thing is like this in the game, it feels like some things were just cut out and no replacements were made just to get the game out on time....

Omegatr0n
12-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Maybe ubisoft forgot how important the storyline in Assasins Creed is? I dont know but im getting more and more dissapointed in this game. The graphics are stunning some bugs are a pain but with a fix it can be forgiven. But you cant bugfix a weak (full with plotholes) storyline.

Now the 80,- i paid to get the freedom edition feels way to overpriced.