PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] most frustrating situation, being forced to ride a horse to catch people!

npatten
12-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I am stuck in one of the sequences when Connor needs to ride a horse to catch Patriot courrier going to give orders to destroy the village of Connor. I wonder if anyone is like me, having so much diffuculty to manouevre the horse in the dark forest....with so many rocks in the way, the horse stopping short even if front of some tiny stone in his path. The horse running away every time Connor kills someone next to him......I really hate horse chase in that game, especially when it's in the forest....I am stuck and I always fail to catch the last messenger in time....This is the worst situation of this episode and I can't move any further because of that!

cmrggamer
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I had a lot of trouble with this part too. They really need to work on the controls for their horses.
I think I read somewhere else that someone turned up the brightness on their screen to help see the path better...maybe you can try that? Otherwise, looking up some videos may help.

DiamondBlade_R
12-03-2012, 09:18 PM
1. Please put a SPOILER TAG in the title.

2. I hear ya, I also found this mission effing impossible to beat - just couldn't get that last guy in time. The solution I found was finding a non-conventional way to get the last guy -- cheating, if you will. The thing is that he is designed to spawn in front of you once you get to a specific spot on the road that leads to your village. Instead of riding ahead and letting him spawn in front of you, figure out the exact spot he's going to spawn at, and then go around the road and get there from the other side. The result will be that instead of spawning in front of you, he'll be spawning and running towards you, making it easy for you to get him with your gun or your bow.

npatten
12-05-2012, 05:09 AM
The horses feel so heavy in this game...This is so different from what it used to be in previous installments of AC....I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption at the same time. And whenever I pass from one to the other, I feel the difference. Horse ride is such a pleasure in Red Dead Redemption. I wish they would study how things work in RDR and learn from them at least for the horse system! SOmetimes I really prefer to run instead of having to ride these horses in AC3!

Aphex_Tim
12-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Try to stick to the paths and keep following it with your pistol equipped. Shoot every patriot you pass in the face and reload your gun.
This worked for me.

psf22
12-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Try to stick to the paths and keep following it with your pistol equipped. Shoot every patriot you pass in the face and reload your gun.
This worked for me.

This^^. You can also air assassinate from Horse onto another Horse so to speak at the part where you have 3 patriots in a row.

VenomRitual
12-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I spent the whole game not knowing you can spur the horse to make it go faster, up until this mission. As far as handling them the path is easy. Maybe it's not showing up correctly on your map hud? Post a screenshot.

Aphex_Tim
12-05-2012, 09:07 AM
This^^. You can also air assassinate from Horse onto another Horse so to speak at the part where you have 3 patriots in a row.

Yes but once they've noticed you they tend to throw you off their horse when you try to assassinate them, having you miss full sync (if that's where you're going for anyway).

psf22
12-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes but once they've noticed you they tend to throw you off their horse when you try to assassinate them, having you miss full sync (if that's where you're going for anyway).

Really? Not with me they didn't or even attempted. The first 2 of the 3 behind each other I killed off easily, then the last one spotted me but I shot him, GG.
Onto to the next, I think last patriot.

I did that mission a few times btw, so I have no clue how they would get you off the Horse