PDA

View Full Version : newbie looking for advice - help; Please!

drb123creed
12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi all

I am new to assassin's creed series, starting with #3.
I have preogreesed to sequence 3, and approaching the Indian girl and I am attaccked by wolves.
Using a PC, what sequence of actions will allow me to kill the wolves with my sword?
I only have the sword and a handgun with no bullets...:(

I purchased the strategy book, but didn't know it is specific for XBOX controller and asks me to buy one and hook it up to my PC, that information should have been posted before others and myself using a PC get ripped off.

I tried going back to the beginning of the segment, but it just takes me to when I enter Lexington, thus I cannot buy bullets. Is there anyway to go back further to the very beginning of this segment, when I am in Boston?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

(By the way, when the wolf attaches, I see a flashing "E" which slows the action down like to parry, but then it shows me "space" or "Q" which don't do anything to help me fight the wolves.

Thank you all!!

ProdiGurl
12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
When any wolves attack, it's a button prompt thing that you have to press at the right time. You're in the Console forum, so I don't know what your buttons are on PC.
There is a PC forum for AC here if you go to the main menu & follow it. They would know.
The only way to kill the dangerous animals (cougars, wolves, bear, male elk) w/ weapons from my experience is if you are hiding in brush patches or air assassinating from a tree/above.
And even then, if there's another one nearby, they'll attack you once you're in the open & it's a button prompt thing.

Oh and welcome :)

montagemik
12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi all

I am new to assassin's creed series, starting with #3.
I have preogreesed to sequence 3, and approaching the Indian girl and I am attaccked by wolves.
Using a PC, what sequence of actions will allow me to kill the wolves with my sword?
I only have the sword and a handgun with no bullets...:(

I purchased the strategy book, but didn't know it is specific for XBOX controller and asks me to buy one and hook it up to my PC, that information should have been posted before others and myself using a PC get ripped off.

I tried going back to the beginning of the segment, but it just takes me to when I enter Lexington, thus I cannot buy bullets. Is there anyway to go back further to the very beginning of this segment, when I am in Boston?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

(By the way, when the wolf attaches, I see a flashing "E" which slows the action down like to parry, but then it shows me "space" or "Q" which don't do anything to help me fight the wolves.

Thank you all!!

First option = BUY AN X360 CONTROLLER - Save yourself the torture of using a keyboard for a game that was primarily intended with console play in mind.

Second option = Don't Ignore the clear on screen instruction you're shown.
PRESS 'E' like it shows you .............Then it will quickly flash another prompt to perform the Counter kill.(This MUST be pressed quickly )
'E' will be the first prompt everytime to begin the parry/counter - but the follow up instruction varies each time - it will usually be 1 of 4 variations.

It really is simpler using a controller . But if a keyboard is your choice - prepare to struggle & learn slowly.
GOOD LUCK.with Bears later on . ;)

AntiChrist7
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
i have to agree, the game plays a lot better with a controller. they arent expensve either, and you can use them for other games

ProdiGurl
12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
I used a wifi Xbox controller for RE4 on the PC - best investment I made till I moved to console.
If you get Xbox, it will be "b" prompt first, then the A, X or Y counter.
Ya those bears are 'grizzly' to kill on button prompts.... lol I do all I can to get above them in trees or hide in brush.
Arrows really do nothing w/ them either - I shot 2 or 3 at a bear & it just stood there. I shot one but ruined the pelt

montagemik
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
I used a wifi Xbox controller for RE4 on the PC - best investment I made till I moved to console.
If you get Xbox, it will be "b" prompt first, then the A, X or Y counter.
Ya those bears are 'grizzly' to kill on button prompts.... lol I do all I can to get above them in trees or hide in brush.
Arrows really do nothing w/ them either - I shot 2 or 3 at a bear & it just stood there. I shot one but ruined the pelt

I Like to let them see me & come running , then just hide behind a tree trunk & 1 hit kill as they come around . (Risky .......but hey - i'm a mohawk LOL)

ProdiGurl
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
LOL !
Not me, I play wuss style - run/hide. hahah