PDA

View Full Version : Question for ubi

BigUrn
12-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Its no secret that the Assassins Creed franchise has been very good to ubi ( and the fans who love it) over the last few years and no question it has made a LOT! of money for a lot of people. That being said why after countless games do you still chose to use p2p over more affective ways of handling a multiplayer game? Iam no expert on servers or programming heck I still don't really understand exactly how p2p works but the only thing holding this game back ( at least the multiplayer) is the servers. I have heard some say that dedicated servers are the way to go again I don't really know what a dedicated server is vs a p2p connection ( if anyone can explain the difference I would love to hear it) but something needs to be changed. With all the money this franchise makes for ubi don't you think we deserve only the best system possible?

Serrachio
12-03-2012, 02:00 AM
I would also like to add that they need to chill the **** out with making a multiplayer year after year.

Hate to say it, but even Call of Duty takes a two year break between installments, as Activision's second group of developers produce the next game to fill the annual gap. (Modern Warfare > Black Ops > Modern Warfare etc.)

Ubisoft talks a great bunch about how they progress year after year, but the blandness shows. It's really time to give Annecy an extra year to develop the multiplayer, because as much as AC3 took a so-called 3 years to complete, Annecy's been going from each yearly release with the multiplayer, and the spark is fading.

Brotherhood had innovation, and it's been bleeding away over time as Annecy scramble to butcher up their last multiplayer and sew it up again for the next year.

PurinxPop
12-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Peer 2 Peer connection is basically systems transmitting data to each other without them connecting through a central host server .-. Ubisoft isn't an American company so what they do may be different from whatever american game companies do.

Black_Widow9
12-03-2012, 05:19 AM
You should ask this here- ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/730070-Developers-Questions-and-Answers-1

BigUrn
12-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the link shade but it appears I missed the deadline to ask questions. I really wanted a answer to :(