PDA

View Full Version : DLC cities and other locations (Possible Spoilers)

Auditore8
12-03-2012, 12:35 AM
I think it'd be pretty cool if along with the Tyranny of King Washington DLC UbiSoft added new areas, or allowed us access to areas only available during certain sequences. Maybe they could add Philadelphia, I know they wanted to stay away because it was a gridded city but I think it'd be cool to play around there. Also the Breed/Bunker Hill area during Sequence 7 could be opened allowing Connor access to the battlefield or to Charlestown. What do you guys think?

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Charles town was Destroyed at that time. Wasn't rebuilt until much later. No point in Opening Breed`s Hill. Nothing important happens there and it`s more of the same. and Philly was not added because of Hardware limitations that would make rendering it fully Impossible..

Auditore8
12-03-2012, 12:44 AM
That makes plently of sense, but not just those places, anywhere else. You can only explore NY, Boston and the Frontier so much, I just feel that something new would be entertaining. Maybe even an area that's constantly in battle? We were promised that we'd take part in multiple battles, but we just ran from bunker to bunker at Breed Hill, something like the E3 Trailer would be cool. Charging in and fighting guys out in the open field

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 12:50 AM
That makes plently of sense, but not just those places, anywhere else. You can only explore NY, Boston and the Frontier so much, I just feel that something new would be entertaining. Maybe even an area that's constantly in battle? We were promised that we'd take part in multiple battles, but we just ran from bunker to bunker at Breed Hill, something like the E3 Trailer would be cool. Charging in and fighting guys out in the open field
Sure, but you`d have to think how they`d be able to fully realize the experience seen in the Trailer. It`ll be hard to deliver. putting in mind the limitations of the current combat system and AI. in order to provide a satisfying scenario like that of the trailer, they`d have to change a lot of things in the system. I`d be interested, though, to see how they MAY pull that off, I may be wrong and they truly can do it without changing anything, but that`s just my take.

Also, they never promised anything regarding battles, only that we`d SEE 2000 Character battles.

Regarding the new areas, I`d want more areas, but honestly if it`s anywhere near the new England states, it`ll just be more of the same. The Frontier is MASSIVE wouldn't you rather they continue using it and pour more resources into other things ?

Rugterwyper32
12-03-2012, 01:04 AM
What I see is the possibility of adding more areas to the Frontier. Similar to how the south area in Florence in AC3 was blocked off and you had a big part of the map that showed in grey until you got the DLC when you could explore it, I can imagine them adding a few sections to the south of the Frontier. Trenton/Princeton, Dorchester Heights, and maybe something close to Philadelphia like Germantown? I dunno, just ideas.

Auditore8
12-03-2012, 01:11 AM
That'd be great too! Expanding the Frontier would be nice, new wildlife and Forts could be added in there

Staple-Tape
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
More talk about Philadelphia? Try this http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/26/assassins-creed-3s-displaced-main-city-philadelphia/

Auditore8
12-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Whether it was technical limitations or just decided to cut Philly, I still think we should have somewhere new to visit. I like the idea of expanding the Frontier, and perhaps even the King George W. DLC will send Connor off to Britain or somewhere that will become a free roam area.

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 04:37 AM
Whether it was technical limitations or just decided to cut Philly, I still think we should have somewhere new to visit. I like the idea of expanding the Frontier, and perhaps even the King George W. DLC will send Connor off to Britain or somewhere that will become a free roam area.
Do you truly think more is better ?? Why not capitalize on what we have ?? Quantity does not equate quality...It may just mess it up.

I`m just sayin`

Auditore8
12-03-2012, 04:41 AM
I agree, but still there's only so much we can do in the locations we have, plus certain side missions are being cut off because of technical problems. I can't finish Hunting Society or Boston Brawlers because of some issue that stops them. But I don't want to get too much into the problems that occur, I just think that the world seems too empty once you run out of missions, exploration becomes running around in circles

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 04:45 AM
I just think that the world seems too empty once you run out of missions, exploration becomes running around in circles
Which is exactly Why i`m telling you. The game already has a Weakness in keeping the game world alive after everything`s been done...Why add more Area that`ll AGAIN be empty ?? Think about it...;)

Auditore8
12-03-2012, 05:12 AM
I see the fault yeah, it just gets too repetitive you know?

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 05:22 AM
I see the fault yeah, it just gets too repetitive you know?
I understand...

The weakness of AC`s world is that it does not give a strong incentive to explore. It`s only for the hardcore nit-pickers of details like me that go exploring without the need for a strong incentive. The World of AC III is Huge and Beautiful, so they have scale and scenery. What`s missing ? Reason to utilize all of this.. In my opinion, adding more is a mere short term solution to this problem and would only provide more empty spaces.

i`m really not forcing what I think on your thread, just trying to clearly convey the way I see this whole thing:)

Auditore8
12-03-2012, 05:55 AM
I'm a nit-picker as well, I play every AC game to full 100% synch, and once all that is done you realize how empty the world really is

Saqaliba
12-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Mexico and a trip to Macchu Piccu. All that Mayan stuff still to be explored.

Staple-Tape
12-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Mexico and a trip to Macchu Piccu. All that Mayan stuff still to be explored.

Machu Picchu is Inca and in Peru.