PDA

View Full Version : Why am I experiencing random attacks by mobs?

Meleth1977
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
So I'm walking down the streets of Boston/New York, minding my own business, being incognito mode. And suddenly, out of nowhere all soldiers around attack me. No warning, no little "attention triangles", just full on attack.

Is this part of the game play or a bug? And why does this happen?

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
You can be incognito, but there are certain places in the maps (I think these are ones which once contained a large group of guards protecting a chest) where the soldiers are on maximum alert. One of them is an open air market surrounded by pillars and a roof.

It might be a bug, but I don't think so. I think these men just have the same behaviour programming as the units that guard the entrances to certain backstreet squares and private buildings. Whatever the case, it's happening to everybody.

ProdiGurl
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
You can be incognito, but there are certain places in the maps (I think these are ones which once contained a large group of guards protecting a chest) where the soldiers are on maximum alert. One of them is an open air market surrounded by pillars and a roof.

It might be a bug, but I don't think so. I think these men just have the same behaviour programming as the units that guard the entrances to certain backstreet squares and private buildings. Whatever the case, it's happening to everybody.

Funny you should mention that one, it just happened to me in my last session. I made the mistake of casually walking by lol For some reason chases in ACIII are actually fun.
I had such a problem in ACB & ACR (mainly the Janissaries)

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Funny you should mention that one, it just happened to me in my last session. I made the mistake of casually walking by lol For some reason chases in ACIII are actually fun.
I had such a problem in ACB & ACR (mainly the Janissaries)

:) Yeah, I prefer it when the AI isn't totally uniform.

Even though it's not really AI and mostly just down to randomisation of the audio files, I've always liked the way that some guards go nuts the moment you climb a building while others give the impression that they're not so bothered and just mutter about you being crazy.