PDA

View Full Version : Christmas DLC Idea

JesusCrotch
12-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I think a great DLC for AC3 by christmas would be a Santa Claus Assassin for multiplayer. He could be this big badass in a suit that resembles his standard story suit. his weapons could be like a whip that he snaps around peoples necks or slashes their throats with or a big cleaver. His taunts could be him holding his stomach and giving a "Ho Ho Ho" over his victims. It doesn't need to be some big DLC it could be a 5 or 10 dollar one. Any ideas?

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Pointless..

Just my take

MatejPuk1997
12-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I think a great DLC for AC3 by christmas would be a Santa Claus Assassin for multiplayer. He could be this big badass in a suit that resembles his standard story suit. his weapons could be like a whip that he snaps around peoples necks or slashes their throats with or a big cleaver. His taunts could be him holding his stomach and giving a "Ho Ho Ho" over his victims. It doesn't need to be some big DLC it could be a 5 or 10 dollar one. Any ideas?

It should be FREE DLC.

the_heat11
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
It should be FREE DLC.

$10 dollars for a fat character?? WTF?????

sticks165
12-02-2012, 08:17 PM
dumb

JesusCrotch
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM
How is it dumb, you wouldn't want this even if it was free/cheap?

the_heat11
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
How is it dumb, you wouldn't want this even if it was free/cheap?

Its dumb because you suggested that it cost $5-10

JesusCrotch
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
If you don't have 5-10 dollars lying around maybe you should stop buying videogames and worry about the bare essentials.

Staple-Tape
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
If you don't have 5-10 dollars lying around maybe you should stop buying videogames and worry about the bare essentials.

It's not that no one has $5, it's that no one wants to spend $5 on something so pointless.

UrDeviant1
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I know, I'll buy It with Erudito Credits.

NOT.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM

The fact you think 5-10 $$$ would be an acceptable price for this addition - ISN'T the problem .
The fact you think a Santa character should be christmas DLC for MP - ISN'T the problem .

It's the fact you even think this idea would be either FUN for christmas - Or interest any AC fan at all - But mostly it's the fact you think a cliche unimaginative Idea like that would by any definition of the word be considered GREAT .

Honestly - Stand in front of a mirror - Say your idea out loud to yourself ...........THEN THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID .
(Slap yourself if you feel it's absolutely neccessary - But if not ...........Just keep that kinda crap to yourself in future. )

Christmas NOVELTY DLC - If ever added to a game - Should be Novel & Funny above all else & Should always be a Free gift - in the spirit of christmas.

A far better idea ( though completely worthless other than Novelty value ) Would be to let Connor or Multiplayer characters THROW SNOWBALLS as a weapon.
Utterly worthless as a serious gameplay addition - But funny for a while & in fitting with the season .

SNOWBALLS i'd like , but it's my idea & Even I WOULDN'T call it Great. But beats the crap out of SANTA Templar . ;)

Mermleblock
12-02-2012, 10:07 PM
That would require a bunch of work, to create an entirely new character.

What about a DLC that allows you to change all male elk's noses into glowing red Rudolph noses? It would be kind of epic to have a magical reindeer attempt to gore you with it's antlers.
Or maybe a DLC that gives us the option to change the horse skin to the Rudolph elk skin. Peddlers would kinda be like Santa, with their wagons drawn by reindeer. 'Cept Instead of presents, we get poison darts and the like.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
That would require a bunch of work, to create an entirely new character.

What about a DLC that allows you to change all male elk's noses into glowing red Rudolph noses? It would be kind of epic to have a magical reindeer attempt to gore you with it's antlers.
Or maybe a DLC that gives us the option to change the horse skin to the Rudolph elk skin. Peddlers would kinda be like Santa, with their wagons drawn by reindeer. 'Cept Instead of presents, we get poison darts and the like.

SEE O.P - At least this stuff above would be Funny & Novel .

JesusCrotch
12-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I think its a pretty good idea, a lot of people would want it if it was cheap You don't need to get it.

the_heat11
12-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I think its a pretty good idea, a lot of people would want it if it was cheap You don't need to get it.

It's just that...$10?!?!? I could use that money for Undead Nightmare lol

JesusCrotch
12-02-2012, 11:09 PM
The fact you think 5-10 $$$ would be an acceptable price for this addition - ISN'T the problem .
The fact you think a Santa character should be christmas DLC for MP - ISN'T the problem .

It's the fact you even think this idea would be either FUN for christmas - Or interest any AC fan at all - But mostly it's the fact you think a cliche unimaginative Idea like that would by any definition of the word be considered GREAT .

Honestly - Stand in front of a mirror - Say your idea out loud to yourself ...........THEN THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID .
(Slap yourself if you feel it's absolutely neccessary - But if not ...........Just keep that kinda crap to yourself in future. )

Christmas NOVELTY DLC - If ever added to a game - Should be Novel & Funny above all else & Should always be a Free gift - in the spirit of christmas.

A far better idea ( though completely worthless other than Novelty value ) Would be to let Connor or Multiplayer characters THROW SNOWBALLS as a weapon.
Utterly worthless as a serious gameplay addition - But funny for a while & in fitting with the season .

SNOWBALLS i'd like , but it's my idea & Even I WOULDN'T call it Great. But beats the crap out of SANTA Templar . ;)

Alright first of all, calm down, it was just an idea. If ideas from people you have never met upsets you this much, perhaps its time to take a break from the internet. Also, i was suggesting it cost a bit of money to persuade any Ubisoft members reading this to bring the idea to a game developer. In addition, why not have it be a serious gameplay addition, even if it isn't a resemblance of Santa (which would be cool) a new character should be in order. Some of the kills i described were better then the assassinations of the current game and a whip as a weapon would be badass. If you really don't like the idea either keep it to yourself or don't buy the friggen DLC.

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
$10 got me Undead Nightmare..

Rikishi costs $0.99

InfectedNation
12-02-2012, 11:19 PM
While they're at it, they might as well replace the Aquila with Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner Blitzen and Rudolph.

Ed: Christmas version of Charles Lee and young Connor:

http://img22.fansshare.com/celebrity/photos/934_the-grinch-jim-carrey-movies-465477006.jpg

montagemik
12-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Alright first of all, calm down, it was just an idea. If ideas from people you have never met upsets you this much, perhaps its time to take a break from the internet. Also, i was suggesting it cost a bit of money to persuade any Ubisoft members reading this to bring the idea to a game developer. In addition, why not have it be a serious gameplay addition, even if it isn't a resemblance of Santa (which would be cool) a new character should be in order. Some of the kills i described were better then the assassinations of the current game and a whip as a weapon would be badass. If you really don't like the idea either keep it to yourself or don't buy the friggen DLC.

IT'S Laughable - Not infuriating ..........Why you thought your IDEA (if that's what counts) got me upset i don't know (I was laughing while writing my response)
But you've clearly no idea what a Good idea is .
We have rope darts in the game already which could be utilised in MP , BUT instead you wanna play 'whip crack away' dressed as Santa . WTF ????

Please Twitter your idea to Ubisoft - & tell us their response . (& don't worry , buying your DLC isn't something any of us will ever have to worry about):rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
12-02-2012, 11:44 PM
We have rope darts in the game already which could be utilised in MP , BUT instead you wanna play 'whip crack away' dressed as Santa . WTF ????

You're baffled by this Idea, yet you think killing each other with SNOWBALLS Is a good one? hehe I'd like to see you go Tweet your Idea along with him ;)

montagemik
12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
You're baffled by this Idea, yet you think killing each other with SNOWBALLS Is a good one? hehe I'd like to see you go Tweet your Idea along with him ;)

LOL - Snowballs was a Novelty seasonal example & something easily skinned over existing weapons FOR FUN - It wasn't a suggestion for a permanent replacement or Addition as a New weapon .

So bit of a BIG difference in the context it was suggested . But if you wanna claim Snowballs isn't a suitable Christmas/seasonal novelty idea (as described) then go ahead .

UrDeviant1
12-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Honestly, I'd just be happy with being able to dress my character In a Santa hat. No need to be whipping people or killing them with snowballs lol.

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Where the bloody hell is my raptor, Ubi ??

Shelving this game until you make a raptor DLC

Mermleblock
12-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Snowballs would be more religion neutral, though. Because it's such a huge game (popularity-wise) they'd probably avoid releasing special DLC's that specifically celebrate a religious holiday (even though Christmas is celebrated by many people of other religions/non-religious cultures).

montagemik
12-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Honestly, I'd just be happy with being able to dress my character In a Santa hat. No need to be whipping people or killing them with snowballs lol.

yep - tons of fun bound to cheer everyone up for christmas & ohhh the novelty value is off the scale .

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 12:12 AM
yep - tons of fun bound to cheer everyone up for christmas & ohhh the novelty value is off the scale .

Hey, If killing people with snowballs Is gonna' make your Christmas a happier experience, go ahead, tweet them your Idea. Also, can you ask them If we can have the Snowman as a playable character?

montagemik
12-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Hey, If killing people with snowballs Is gonna' make your Christmas a happier experience, go ahead, tweet them your Idea. Also, can you ask them If we can have the Snowman as a playable character?

AWW If only you'd read my original post thouroughly - you'd see how much of my point your missing in your pursuit to sound clever .

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 12:27 AM
AWW If only you'd read my original post thouroughly - you'd see how much of my point your missing in your pursuit to sound clever .

You described your Idea as Funny and Novel, yet replied to the OP's Idea with this: "Honestly - Stand in front of a mirror - Say your idea out loud to yourself ...........THEN THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID .
(Slap yourself if you feel it's absolutely neccessary - But if not ...........Just keep that kinda crap to yourself in future. ) "

Need I say more :confused:

montagemik
12-03-2012, 12:54 AM
You described your Idea as Funny and Novel, yet replied to the OP's Idea with this: "Honestly - Stand in front of a mirror - Say your idea out loud to yourself ...........THEN THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID .
(Slap yourself if you feel it's absolutely neccessary - But if not ...........Just keep that kinda crap to yourself in future. ) "

Need I say more :confused:

So Snowballs as a seasonal gimmick ISN'T NOVEL OR FUNNY ?? ( & already exists in the game )

But SANTA with a whip as A purchaseable DLC is preffered ??? Is that what you're saying ?

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 01:11 AM
So Snowballs as a seasonal gimmick ISN'T NOVEL OR FUNNY ?? ( & already exists in the game )

But SANTA with a whip as A purchaseable DLC is preffered ??? Is that what you're saying ?

I didn't say I liked either of them, never even Implied It. And Santa Is just as novel as a snowball.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:27 AM
I didn't say I liked either of them, never even Implied It. And Santa Is just as novel as a snowball.

But not novel & funny ........or actually used at any point within game .
So yeah , my idea sucks & would clearly have zero merit for the devs :rolleyes: ----- good thing it was given as an example & not serious suggestion then. :p

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 01:36 AM
But not novel & funny ........or actually used at any point within game .
So yeah , my idea sucks & would clearly have zero merit for the devs :rolleyes: ----- good thing it was given as an example & not serious suggestion then. :p

Whether or not It's funny Is subjective. People might think killing people with snowballs Is ridiculous, just like you think Santa with a whip Is ridiculous. And just because snowballs are already In the game, doesn't make your Idea any better than anyone else's, or give you the right to be down right rude. It's possible to Incorporate a Santa skin, just as It's possible to throw snowballs, so you really haven't got a point.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Whether or not It's funny Is subjective. People might think killing people with snowballs Is ridiculous, just like you think Santa with a whip Is ridiculous. And just because snowballs are already In the game, doesn't make your Idea any better than anyone else's, or give you the right to be down right rude. It's possible to Incorporate a Santa skin, just as It's possible to throw snowballs, so you really haven't got a point.

Yeah , i had a point , you just decided to ignore it in favour of your crusade cause i was rude in your opinion . Instead of hitting the report button. , feel better now ? LOL

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Yeah , i had a point , you just decided to ignore it in favour of your crusade cause i was rude in your opinion . Instead of hitting the report button. , feel better now ? LOL

You think you had a point? LOL

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:47 AM
You think you had a point? LOL

I work in marketing consultancy - I KNOW i have a point.

Aetryx
12-03-2012, 01:48 AM
While we're at it they should replace Poison with spiced rum. You can get Drunk bonuses as a new variety.

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 01:49 AM
I work in marketing consultancy - I KNOW i have a point.

Whatever. If you had a point, you certainly didn't get It across to anyone.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Whatever. If you had a point, you certainly didn't get It across to anyone.

actually , i did , but you kinda derailed the thread with your crusade (which was of course your point)

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 01:56 AM
actually , i did , but you kinda derailed the thread with your crusade (which was of course your point)

You keep talking about this point you had, but I'm yet to see It. What was It again?

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:59 AM
You keep talking about this point you had, but I'm yet to see It. What was It again?

YAAAAWWWNN More derailing ?? it's a slow day for ya obviously .

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 02:02 AM
YAAAAWWWNN More derailing ?? it's a slow day for ya obviously .

Okay, back to the subject of abruptly telling people how stupid their Ideas are. That's what you were doing, right? :rolleyes:

montagemik
12-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Okay, back to the subject of abruptly telling people how stupid their Ideas are. That's what you were doing, right? :rolleyes:

Yes deviant , that's what i did , along with an Example of the kind of things a Seasonal dlc should be .
But other than derailment - i've yet to see you add anything useful to this discussion.

(& report is still an option for ya - if you get bored of bickering or memberating)

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Yes deviant , that's what i did , along with an Example of the kind of things a Seasonal dlc should be .
But other than derailment - i've yet to see you add anything useful to this discussion.

(& report is still an option for ya - if you get bored of bickering or memberating)

What? you didn't like my Santa hat Idea? But It's so novel and funny. Huehuehueheu.

Peace.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 02:43 AM
What? you didn't like my Santa hat Idea? But It's so novel and funny. Huehuehueheu.

Peace.

Yeah it's a winner for sure . PEACE

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/XMASDEVIANT.png

g1grimlock
12-03-2012, 04:09 AM
To be honest I liked every idea although we should have Santa in story and multiplayer also while we're at it we should toss in a Elf color scheme and a Santa color scheme. So there really is no bad idea but it should be free or like $1.99 just my opinion.

im3jia
12-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I can see a new Frontiersmen mission being added, something like "It was December 24, 1774, around 10 at night, and I saw what appeared to be flying elk, hauling a man wearing red in a carriage. Apperently, he comes every year, but where does he come from? There have been some sightings of flying elk near Black Creek, perhaps they dwell there, something else, something else, something else, go investigate Connor."

And in the end, it turns out to be some guy from Boston XD. But how would he make the illusion of flying elk though?

SaintPerkele
12-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I can see a new Frontiersmen mission being added, something like "It was December 24, 1774, around 10 at night, and I saw what appeared to be flying elk, hauling a man wearing red in a carriage. Apperently, he comes every year, but where does he come from? There have been some sightings of flying elk near Black Creek, perhaps they dwell there, something else, something else, something else, go investigate Connor."

And in the end, it turns out to be some guy from Boston XD. But how would he make the illusion of flying elk though?

Probably some mad guy who throws elk from a mountain into the canyon :D

About the multiplayer though..

http://img11.myimg.de/epicepicepic87edd.png