PDA

View Full Version : "You're going to see a lot of Desmond. More so than in any past game." Matt Turner

SweetsMachineGun
12-02-2012, 09:51 AM
From an article posted on April 4, 2012 [link] (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/04/assassins-creed-iii-has-more-desmond-than-ever)

Did AC3 really have that much Desmond? I don't think it did. :rolleyes: I did enjoy the Desmond missions a lot, but they still seemed very short and of course certain aspects of his story were underwhelming. The other modern characters, apart from William, saw little to no character development. They had some amusing banter, sure, but it didn't seem like any real importance was placed on them. Other than Desmond, even the character models looked super strange (Rebecca's face seemed frozen in place, and was it just me or did they neglect to color in Shaun and William's eyes?).

Does anyone else feel like Ubisoft didn't really deliver with the modern assassins' story?

lothario-da-be
12-02-2012, 10:01 AM
It had by far not enough desmond. Even ac brotherhood had almost the same amount of desmond gameplay.

psf22
12-02-2012, 10:07 AM
His missions were the most fun in ACIII compared to past games, and overall it did seem like you played a bit more Desmond but that's just my opinion.

Paribissee
12-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I would be even more happier with the game if there was no Desmond at all. He only breaks the gaming experience for me and would have been better with no Desmond + i did not like his outfit with the ghey bag he was carrying:eek:

infamous_ezio
12-02-2012, 10:35 AM
we had a whole 20 minutes, compared to last games which had a bout 10-15 mins, that's almost twice as much! they really out did them selves.
when they said we would get more desmond i thought they were being legit.... that was not enough at all.

pirate1802
12-02-2012, 10:59 AM
we had a whole 20 minutes, compared to last games which had a bout 10-15 mins, that's almost twice as much! they really out did them selves.
when they said we would get more desmond i thought they were being legit.... that was not enough at all.

Just 20 mins? O.o

Eduard413
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM
well actually I believe they cutted of some Desmond Missions because, when you want to replay Desmond Missions, if you notice there are some pictures and they are called UAV_01 02 If I remember correctly, and there are three and they represent each mission, but when you are playing some of the missions and die, you have the loading screen which shows these pictures too but also with UAV 04 like there is 4th mission for Desmond,
I believe they cut it from the game like the canoes boats, free roaming on aquila and so on, but I donīt care, what Iīm not happy about how they ended his story with no mindblowing epic revelations and also killing Vidic with no explenations

xboxauditore
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I think what they meant might of been referring to his Actual self, More anger, More of his Abilities, More of his decisions. Making him more of a Main character as opposed to a soulless guy who gets in the animus like a slave.

And as for the models, I like Desmond, He looks Human, The other games up to Revelations he looked flawless, No marks or anything, No lines from Stress with he obviously had, William, He is very muscle-y for a man of what? 40-50?

I like the look of Shaun, He looks the same as before but with a more updated look to make him more human, Kinda like Desmond.

As for Rebecca, I always like her shaggy hair, I think she looks really good in 3, Look up pics of her from brotherhood, She just has a generic female face.

Locopells
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, spoilers obviously, but I would agree that there distinct lack of epic at moments, such as putting the hood on for the first time and fighting/killing Cross and Vidic.

xboxauditore
12-02-2012, 12:29 PM
The only reason I like the modern story is because of Cross.

"Look, I'm not supposed to kill you, But the bossman didn't say anything about ****ing you up."

pacmanate
12-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Many things irritated me about Desmond missions.

1. There were only 4/5
2. They were really short

Also, I hated Cross' character model. I didn't expect him to be fat, and I wanted the awesome spiky hair and attitude.

AdrianJacek
12-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Many things irritated me about Desmond missions.

1. There were only 4/5
2. They were really short

Also, I hated Cross' character model. I didn't expect him to be fat, and I wanted the awesome spiky hair and attitude.

What? He wasn't fat, he just had a bunch of clothes on. Like a Russian. :P

SweetsMachineGun
12-02-2012, 01:47 PM
What? He wasn't fat, he just had a bunch of clothes on. Like a Russian. :P

I learned something new about russians today.

DJJaines
12-02-2012, 01:58 PM
I learned something new about russians today.

Well that spoils tommorows lesson then.

I'll admit, I was hoping for a little more D to the M outside in the modern world but I did like what was there (the subway and fight missions were v.cool, if a bit linear).

I really hope he's not dead as shown but he probably is which will mean they couldn't really expand now.