PDA

View Full Version : To the Devs: New Mechanic to add in future installments.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 06:58 AM
please when doing unarmed content. make a mechanic were we don't take the enemies weapon, just knockout it out of his hand. maybe even have an animation were we throw it as far as we can so the guy won't go for it. Its annoying, that when i want to do some old fashion beatdowns, im forced to take the weapon from them and THEN i drop it. id rather i just knock it from there grasp and procced to beat the tar out of them.

something small you can do.

Button combo = Circle(counter) then R1

Evil 5teven
12-02-2012, 07:22 AM
I agree...

I love to fistfight. The mechanics now, only allow to disarm and take possesion of the weapon. I'd love to see a "complete disarm" move.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Eh... Counter then disarm makes them drop the weapon, right? At least that's what happens with those huge guys.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Eh... Counter then disarm makes them drop the weapon, right? At least that's what happens with those huge guys.

it only makes them dropped the weapon when YOU have a weapon in your hand. if you are unarmed tho... you take the weapon, which is what i don't want to do.

psf22
12-02-2012, 08:01 AM
it only makes them dropped the weapon when YOU have a weapon in your hand. if you are unarmed tho... you take the weapon, which is what i don't want to do.

Why, not just switch to another weapon like hidden blade such that Connor drops the weapon, after you've taken the weapon?

It's at least a small workaround no?

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Why, not just switch to another weapon like hidden blade such that Connor drops the weapon, after you've taken the weapon?

It's at least a small workaround no?

if you drop it, by switching the guard picks it up immediately because you are traped momentairly in the animation. and it still ruins the flow of battle alot.

psf22
12-02-2012, 08:05 AM
if you drop it, by switching the guard picks it up immediately because you are traped momentairly in the animation. and it still ruins the flow of battle alot.

Ah, that sucks. I've been kind of experimenting with it here and there, so I feel you on this matter. But yeah I can't think of another way atm as it is right now.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 08:12 AM

Ah, I got it. Well, then disarm them while you have the hidden blade equipped, then quickly switch to fists once you've disarmed them. :D

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:15 AM
guys... i wanna fight with my fist. its not that i want to disarm them. thats not the point. the point is that i can't freely fight with my fist because every time i face a higher ranking enemie the only way to beat them is " Circle+X" button input.... and that makes me takes there weapon away rather than disarming them. it ruins the flow of fist fighting

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I agree. It's really hard not to kill people in this game. Even if you're un-armed and you have two enemies attacking you at once, you will kill them. If you disarm someone, you have to mess around to drop the weapon, and they'll just pick it up soon afterwards.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Personally, I think it's pretty realistic, cause if you throw down an enemy's weapon, it's sensible that he's going to try and pick it back up. I'm going to try and fist fight with some guards now. :p

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Personally, I think it's pretty realistic, cause if you throw down an enemy's weapon, it's sensible that he's going to try and pick it back up. I'm going to try and fist fight with some guards now. :p
Haha I understand that, but at least for me, it's a matter of attempting non-lethal take-downs rather than fist-fighting. If I could knock-people out without killing them in other ways, I'd be fine with that.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:44 AM
for unarmed combat(fist) the new mecahnic/animation should be

the player visably breaks the badguys arm or hand/wrist or dislcates the shoulder, or breaks collarbone. a way to disarm without taking there weapon. the can't pick up weapon due to that.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Haha I understand that, but at least for me, it's a matter of attempting non-lethal take-downs rather than fist-fighting. If I could knock-people out without killing them in other ways, I'd be fine with that.

I went and tried it, actually.

Results:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKUFknGJVU

It's possible, as far as normal-tier guards are concerned. But those big guys pose issues.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 09:04 AM
tell you the truth... its the big guys who i had in mind when i was thinking about this idea xD.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 09:10 AM
tell you the truth... its the big guys who i had in mind when i was thinking about this idea xD.Ah, that would probably need new mechanics, yeah.

EDIT: Any easy way to get into a fight with several of those big guys without other types of guards?