PDA

View Full Version : Firecracker explination please

I Emerge I
12-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I've never really used this ability and I've been playing since brotherhood I just saw that they never worked on me i would still get away / get the kill but I've seen a few people use them defensively and I can't say no to another ability to defend my self seeing how limited my choices are in AC3.

So how do they work and when ? how do I go about getting a stun from them because it doesn't stop them mashing X even though there blinded so I could get contested i understand in Assassinate they make you lose your lock completely so i can see its worth here but I'm not a fan of that mode or manhunt so how would I use it to get stuns in Wanted/Death match ?

DannyStrong
12-01-2012, 09:47 PM
firecrackers kill locks in all game modes. You can't use them like a smoke bomb to get a stun. You have to be a little more tricky with them. Theyre generally only for areas with lots of NPCs so your target/persuer can't just mash X. And you'll want to throw the firecracker in such a way that youre not seen throwing it (so you can seemingly come from no where and get the stun or kill)

If the other player sees you as you drop the firecracker its generally not going to work out in your favor because they'll immediatly run or theyll be ready to mash x.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Heres a simple way of using them. Firecracker someone while near npcs. Almost certainty they will kill an NPC

Free_Hidings
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Using them in a crowd is cool because you can often get a lure. However the way I use them now takes a bit more skill and luck to pull off, but is very satisfying. Basically you need to wait till your target is in a certain range (Ie not too close or too far) quickly throw the firecrackers at them, making sure to hit as direct as possible for full effect. Then what you need to do is run around to the side or back of them (very quickly!) and get the stun. I have been succeeding often with this, though you need to be carefull of a few things.

Firstly, since they likely saw you throwing the firecrackers, they often keep walking or even run forwards mashing kill. If there are no civilians you need to get out of the way FAST to avoid death.

Secondly, in general you need to act fast, as the full white out effect doesn't last very long and they will most likely be able to see partially before you get to stun them, so speed and timing is essential.

Thirdly be aware that many will drop a smokebomb in fright. More skilled players wait a few seconds before dropping it which can make you think you are free to go in for the stun and then end up killed.

It's my favourite ability at the moment because it has such a cool effect but relies heavily on skill and the way it is used to be effective, rather than smokebomb which is too easy. In general when using firecrackers avoid attacking head on, circling around is much better. It can be used this way offensively to remain uncontested too.

PencilManners
12-01-2012, 11:11 PM
firecrackers are one of my main abilities, this is how i usually use them in terms of defence
its best used defensively when theres npcs between you and your pursuer, theres a fifty fifty chance that he will kill an npc (at least in my experience).
you can also use it in a chase, drop it and you pursuer will usually run straight allowing you to run around him and stun him from behind (or he kills the first npc in his kill range)

I Emerge I
12-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Ok thanks guys ill try out what you have all suggested seems like they will be on my set of mega defence when im camp hiding in a blend group :D

Red_SPiTFirE
12-02-2012, 01:15 AM
As mentioned they are great for hiding in blend groups. Time the cracker right and they'll likely hit an NPC or miss the kill. I can also sometimes use them offensively to avoid contested kills but since it doesn't work like Smoke Bomb its harder to pull off.