PDA

View Full Version : Uplay has gone down

InstantDnB
12-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Just tried to log in to uplay and it said its unavailable and to go offline, but then its telling me I need to register my game again. so now I cant play at all. What the hell is going on Ubisoft. I tried putting the key back in again abut it says uplay unavailable at this time please try later. It was working half hour ago

BigSlongsDaddy
12-01-2012, 03:46 PM
mine to has gone down , it says i have to register game again even though i have done that , unable to go into offline mode as well , game is utter useless at the moment :mad:

InstantDnB
12-01-2012, 03:52 PM
it just popped back on. keep hitting retry its slow but mines working now... gettin fed up of all this messing about

jossu79
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I have been playing 2 days and now Uplay is asking my CD - key and saying its already in use? What the hell is happening, i payd 59 euros of this ?

syhrr
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I am unable to play with the paid version, some friends can play with the cracked version !

DRM to fight piracy ?

Islapsharks
12-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Uplay is back up, but now I still have to put my CD key in AGAIN.

Ofcourse it keeps saying that it's already been used on another acount. Now I can't play the game anymore.

BigSlongsDaddy
12-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Yep uplay is up BUT " we are unable to register you game at the moment as server is down " what a big pile of ****

BigSlongsDaddy
12-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Will my account be banned if i use a crack to solve this issue i have a paid version but unable to play do to server down , also im unable to go into offline mode because it is asking me to register my game again ..

StormchaserZA
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Restart Steam guys?

MB.Laurent
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
This is so fcking annoying!!! They better fix this ****.. I payed 59EU and now i have to register the CD key again

BigSlongsDaddy
12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
restart steam ?? err ??not even on steam at the moment its crappy uplay tosh..

saguyuk
12-01-2012, 04:17 PM
I am having the same problem, I am also deciding whether to get the cracked version.

MB.Laurent
12-01-2012, 04:18 PM
We dont use steam. We use Uplay.

Anders8778
12-01-2012, 04:21 PM
The game isn't even showing up in uplay for me.. What the hell!

InstantDnB
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
mines gone down again... im gonna start gettin blasphemous soon.

alexbowwow
12-01-2012, 04:27 PM
The game isn't showing in uplay. Are you kidding me?

Gralgrathor2
12-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Ah, good, well, bad, but at least now I know I'm not the only one. AC II has also disappeared from my other uplay account (idiot that I am I registered FC3 to the wrong uplay account. I don't even know when or how or why I have two of those things to begin with, and the rage of discovering buying it on Steam didn't save me from having to use Uplay again in the first place probably didn't help matters either when logging in).

InstantDnB
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
it would be really nice if admin just popped on here and left us a little message to let us know what F is going on. Just a little message is all I want, I feel like I've wasted half a weekend sat here trying to get my game working.

MaxDec10
12-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I am utterly, utterly disapointed with this shambles of a game launch. I've managed about 3 hours of the single player with over 20 CTD/BSOD, Multiplayer wont get past lobby, Uplay now not even showing FC3 in my games tab! I can accept a few crashes around launch as we tweak our PC's to run new titles.

The game looks great. It's just very poor delivery by Ubisoft.

Lugabuga
12-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah im getting the same issue, being told to insert CD key again and that the server is unavailable. JUST LET US PLAY ON STEAM UBISOFT? God, this is so annoying

qwasd0r
12-01-2012, 04:45 PM
If Uplay asks for the key: on Uplay screen, up-right select your avatar and then "change user" - insert your email/password now.
CONFIRMED FOR SOLUTION! :D

Thanks m8!

Anders8778
12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
If Uplay asks for the key: on Uplay screen, up-right select your avatar and then "change user" - insert your email/password now.

I tried this aswell, however my issue is Far Cry 3 isn't showing up at all under my games. It never asked for key again and it changed nothing after i tried it.

Kerilia
12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
CONFIRMED FOR SOLUTION! :D

Thanks m8!

Same issue, didnt work for me. Relogged back in, double click on Farcry 3 icon and still get the "Please enter your CD Key or Activation Code here."

BlckLstd Blace
12-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I tried this aswell, however my issue is Far Cry 3 isn't showing up at all under my games. It never asked for key again and it changed nothing after i tried it.

I went back to my install folder and ran FC3Updater.exe, this makes it appear in your gameslist again (also, all my other games have disappeared aswell :S). Then apply the trick mentioned above, should work.

However when i load up the game i still cannot connect to the FC3/Uplay Service, I haven't been able to register my insane edition content since the 29th. Great job, AGAIN Ubisoft, as if the GR:FS PC launch wasn't bad enough.. Oh man i'm soooo frustrated because the games are GOOD, the publishing is BAD! Please take note for f*ck sakes.

Anders8778
12-01-2012, 05:00 PM
I went back to my install folder and ran FC3Updater.exe, this makes it appear in your gameslist again (also, all my other games have disappeared aswell :S). Then apply the trick mentioned above, should work.

However when i load up the game i still cannot connect to the FC3/Uplay Service, I haven't been able to register my insane edition content since the 29th. Great job, AGAIN Ubisoft, as if the GR:FS PC launch wasn't bad enough.. Oh man i'm soooo frustrated because the games are GOOD, the publishing is BAD! Please take note for f*ck sakes.

THANK YOU!!! I just did that, and it showed up and launched succesfully :D Just made my day.

StormchaserZA
12-01-2012, 06:11 PM
restart steam ?? err ??not even on steam at the moment its crappy uplay tosh..

I am well aware of this, but I am saying that I had the same tosh and I restart steam which executes the uplay abortion, that worked for me.

Lugabuga
12-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Any new info on this? On what happend?

ShadyMotley
12-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Still haven't been able to connect to the service since day one, getting no response from my new ticket. List of fixes that haven't worked:

Disabling all security (AV/firewall)
Manually downloading and re-installing patch
Restarting client and computer after any new changes
Disabled second ethernet port (computer now can't find it, no idea what happened there but now I have a new problem to fix later when I can be bothered)
Written two support tickets, no help offered, no response from anyone official on forums
Disabled all network sharing
Added all Ubi recommended port settings
Added exceptions to farcry3.exe and Uplay for windows firewall and 3rd party (aswell as turning off altogether)

I don't know what to do anymore, are there even any options left that I might have missed?