PDA

View Full Version : Please fix your broken game

Ne0nboy
12-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Yesterday I was playing fine @ 60fps, and now there's drops in the exact same areas when there is nothing at all happening on screen.

there's something wrong.

InstantDnB
12-01-2012, 03:28 PM
mine was working fine yesterday and when i booted up this morning, seems like a different game. really bad FPS spikes all over, found myself lowering settings only to have exactly the same problems no matter what i chose. we need a patch big-time

Pharahmedic
12-01-2012, 03:30 PM
wow actually same here. thought im - as always - the only one

bowhunter001
12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I had to lower postFX from ultra to medium to get back the same performance. Really mind-boggling, but I have a theory as to why this is happening. Going to test it out now.

Ne0nboy
12-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Please do^ :)

I don't get it though because the same settings were running at 60 then suddenly not

bowhunter001
12-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I think I've cracked it. Take a look at this pic:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8134359/fc3.png

I switched to directx9 in the video options, clicked apply, restarted the game, and even though in the options it says directx9, it's still running the dx11 executable. Settings don't seem to stick, and sometimes they revert to an older state for no apparent reason. It is my belief that at one point, we were running the dx9 version even though in the options the game seemed to be set to run in dx11, and hence why we got much better framerate. And suddenly, inexplicably, the game reverted to dx11 and our performance took a nose dive.

I can't get the game to run in dx9 anymore; it always uses the dx11 executable. Can someone running in dx9 check if their running executable is called farcry3.exe?

edit: my theory was correct! After restarting the game multiple times, it FINALLY switched to the regular, dx9 executable, and my framerate went back to godlike. Switched postFX to ultra, still at a rock solid 60 fps. I took a screenshot with the dx11, and another one just now with dx9. I can't see any difference. Can you?

dx11 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8134359/2012-12-01_00002.jpg)
dx9 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8134359/2012-12-01_00003.jpg)

Ne0nboy
12-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Glad it's fixed for you.

My problem is different to yours as I'm using DX11, and it was running fine in DX11 and is suddenly terrible performance.

It really annoys me that ubisoft don't seem to give a ****, they haven't posted once in this whole forum, they are probably dancing around in our money and don't give a flying **** about anyone with game breaking issues

bowhunter001
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Glad it's fixed for you.

My problem is different to yours as I'm using DX11, and it was running fine in DX11 and is suddenly terrible performance.

It really annoys me that ubisoft don't seem to give a ****, they haven't posted once in this whole forum, they are probably dancing around in our money and don't give a flying **** about anyone with game breaking issues

My point is that you thought you were running in dx11 because that's what the options said, but actually you were running in dx9. Then when it switched to dx11 you thought your framerate bombed for no reason. That's what happened to me.

Ne0nboy
12-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm an idiot and didn't read your post properly lol my bad.

Thing is it stil looked like I had AA/SSAO enabled when it was running fine.I would have noticed the jaggies.And you can't use AA with DX9. strange

bowhunter001
12-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm an idiot and didn't read your post properly lol my bad.

Thing is it stil looked like I had AA/SSAO enabled when it was running fine.I would have noticed the jaggies.And you can't use AA with DX9. strange

postFX at medium and above enables FXAA, which is why you didn't see any jaggies (nor I).

StormchaserZA
12-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Guys I've noticed that when you switch between DX versions you have to close uplay as well otherwise it keeps your current DX setting. BUT YES, this game needs a MAJOR patch and lets not even begin to talk about that P2P ********!