PDA

View Full Version : Best weapons by category? Your opinions please...

Paribissee
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I have usually on me: Hidden Blades, Assassin Tomahawk, French Cutlass sword & Some pistol ( i really dont use pistols much)

Also im new to the series but i have a good 45 hours or so behind in this game and loving it.

Also im only in sequence 9 now so maybe there will be new weapons still..?:cool:

Paribissee
12-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Also im out of the crafting system WTF??I wonder if i was so high and drunk to miss the tutorial to crafting but i have no idea!:eek:

ProdiGurl
12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Also im out of the crafting system WTF??I wonder if i was so high and drunk to miss the tutorial to crafting but i have no idea!:eek:

No it's not just you... this was not taught well enough in the game or on the in-game tutorial. I'm winging it & have the basic gist so I can at least get some stuff sent on a land convoy & that's about it. That's one area ACIII does lack in, but then others complain of too much hand holding lol Who knows.

As for weapons, I'm a fan of the Iron Dagger, Rope Dart & Tomahawk (prefer Connor's tomahawk animations).
The poison dart is always a nice option in some missions too.
(I'm in Seq. 9 too) :)

Paribissee
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Nice:) Also the new york underground is a bit frustrating at least but other then that the best game ive played.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Um ya - I got lost down there once & luckily stumbled upon the exit. Amazingly the masonic puzzle was easy for me. A rarity lol
I'm afraid to go back down lol :p

montagemik
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Native Assassin all the way ..........My outfit & weapon preferences.

Baltimore outfit (Brown & white Eagle colours)

SMALL WEAPONS = War Tomahawk - crafted (or Assassin tomahawk)
NORMAL WEAPONS = Washington replica - crafted ( or French cutlass )............prefer not to use swords with connor.
BLUNT WEAPONS = Native Gunstock - crafted ( or the big wooden lump)
HEAVY WEAPONS = Naval axe ...........prefer not to use heavy weapons - especially as they can't be thrown anymore.
FIREARMS = Twin ROYAL Pistols .....These are great , for the brief period the game allows you to actually keep a matching pair.

HAND TO HAND = The Blades , obviously.
SECONDARY = The Bow , favourite Counter too.

Biggest weapon let down = Not being able to dual weild CLUB & TOMAHAWK .

Paribissee
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Um ya - I got lost down there once & luckily stumbled upon the exit. Amazingly the masonic puzzle was easy for me. A rarity lol
I'm afraid to go back down lol :p

Yeah, ive got unfinished business down there too but im not going back in a while..

Paribissee
12-01-2012, 02:42 PM

NORMAL WEAPONS = Washington replica - crafted ( or French cutlass )............prefer not to use swords with connor.
HEAVY WEAPONS = Naval axe ...........prefer not to use heavy weapons - especially as they can't be thrown anymore.
FIREARMS = Twin ROYAL Pistols .....These are great , for the brief period the game allows you to actually keep a matching pair.

How the weapons can be crafted please?:confused:

cmrggamer
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM

I've never tried countering with the bow, I'll have to try that! :)

I personally like using the tomahawk, pistols, blades or bow. Connor is just such a brutal close-range fighter that I don't really use the sword or other big weapons, but I haven't really explored using all of the weapons.
I didn't realize that we couldn't throw the heavy weapons anymore, that's too bad!

ProdiGurl
12-01-2012, 05:50 PM
>>Biggest weapon let down = Not being able to dual weild CLUB & TOMAHAWK . <<

The only reason I wouldn't try a heavy weapon is becuz it had a -3 on combo's. I might have to try that after all.
Those would be 2 brutal weapons to pair up :D