PDA

View Full Version : in game

TheDecorator
12-01-2012, 06:29 AM
I have loaded the game onto laptop with 8 GB RAM DUEL CORE 3.4 PROCESSOR HIGH END GRAPHICE CARD BUT THE GAME IS SO SLOW
ANY HELP I NEED

D.I.D.
12-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Bear in mind that a laptop is never as good as its desktop equivalent by spec, so you should make allowances for that.

Get the latest drivers for your graphics card. If you have an Nvidia GPU then you're in luck - the new beta drivers make a huge difference. If it's ATi, I'm not so sure; those GPUs had the most issues with AC3 on release, and I don't know if there are any new drivers to deal with that problem yet.

I had a frame rate drop in Boston, which was fixed by going into Documents and editing the assassin3.ini file, so that VSync=1 is changed to Vsync=0 (you might need to make that file read-only to prevent it getting reset by the game). This will turn off VSync and unlock the frame rate, with the small disadvantage that you'll get a little screen-tearing at times. With VSync on, you'll have no screen-tearing but the frame rate is locked at a maximum of 30fps.

I can't guarantee that this will make a difference for you, but it worked for me and also for a lot of other PC players. There's a PC forum elsewhere too, you're posting on the Console one.

ace3001
12-01-2012, 07:06 AM
I have loaded the game onto laptop with 8 GB RAM DUEL CORE 3.4 PROCESSOR HIGH END GRAPHICE CARD BUT THE GAME IS SO SLOW
ANY HELP I NEED
1. Give proper specifications without saying DUEL CORE 3.4 PROCESSOR HIGH END GRAPHICE CARD.
2. Better take this to the PC forum cause it's a PC specific thing.