PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about 100% Synch?

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 04:43 AM
I see a lot of people complaining about 100% Synch, and I really don't understand why. It'd be one thing if people were saying "The options should be mandatory!", but it's not even that. People are complaining

that they don't make sense game-play wise,
the're too difficult,
they're too restrictive,
and they're too annoying (that they keep coming up and that there's a horrid red x on the screen...)

To that I say,

they do make sense, they exist to add challenge to an overall easy game,
they're optional if this is a problem for you,
not only don't you have to do them, but they provide restricted freedom, which has almost all of the appeals of freedom with more of a challenge,
...I have no response to this one, it's hardly intrusive.

Do you like it? Hate it? Would you like to see it changed somehow? Personally, I'd like it if these requirements were mandatory, but I know that'll never happen and don't expect everyone else would like it either. Because of this, I'm fine with things the way they are now, but I wouldn't mind some modifications. What do you think?

TwoDents
12-01-2012, 04:54 AM
I say keep it the way it is, but tweak them a bit. I have gotten 100% sync, and most of it wasn't too much of a pushover. Just tweak some certain objectives a bit, there are a few that are very frustrating. I want to be challenged, not annoyed.

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 04:56 AM
I say keep it the way it is, but tweak them a bit. I have gotten 100% sync, and most of it wasn't too much of a pushover. Just tweak some certain objectives a bit, there are a few that are very frustrating. I want to be challenged, not annoyed.
I can understand that, but I guess it would depend on which objectives you're talking about. As long as a game isn't difficult because of bad controls or bad conveyance, I think it's okay (obviously within reason). I don't mind having to replay a mission 10 times for the right reasons.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 05:05 AM
OPTIONAL.............nuff said..

People who want it removed are seriously over reacting..

GunnarGunderson
12-01-2012, 05:05 AM
they need to be more subtle like limited health loss or limiting casualties. Not something that tells me how to play

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 05:06 AM
they need to be more subtle like limited health loss or limiting casualties. Not something that tells me how to play
Fine, but could you provide some examples?

abbitha7
12-01-2012, 05:33 AM
I don't really care either way. I do my best to complete them, but as someone else said, some of the objectives are more annoying than challenging. Plus,I don't want to lose sync because of the controls glitching or something (like in chase scenes, where I have to do everything perfectly or I'll fail).

ChiefRollinLeaf
12-01-2012, 05:38 AM
I say keep, its another reason to keep playing

ace3001
12-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Who voted for "make it mandatory"? o.O

Anyway, keep. They're optional, so I'll do them if I want to. Simple as that.

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Who voted for "make it mandatory"? o.O

Anyway, keep. They're optional, so I'll do them if I want to. Simple as that.
I did, but it wasn't entirely honest. I just didn't want to have to keep clicking "View Poll Results" every time I re-visited this page. Overall I like the system and limited freedom, but I wouldn't wish my suffering upon the rest of the community. ;)

ace3001
12-01-2012, 05:49 AM
What's keeping you from retrying until you obtain the optional objectives? What would you gain by making it mandatory?

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 05:52 AM
What's keeping you from retrying until you obtain the optional objectives? What would you gain by making it mandatory?
Cause I'm lazy. When I get an AC game, I beat it as fast as I can just so I can know the ending and talk about it with friends/other fans. I do go back to do these optional objectives, but it's more "cleaning up shop" at that point than anything else. I like completing them, but I don't like replaying the missions right after I beat the game. This way, I would complete the missions without feeling like I'm missing out on any good discussion or risk getting the plot spoiled. xD

That, and it would just make the game overall more difficult, which I think is a good thing.

LinkAndLoad
12-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Just don't make it bugged like it is for me in AC3. So I can actually achieve it.

montagemik
12-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Just don't make it bugged like it is for me in AC3. So I can actually achieve it.

Which one is bugged & Can't be achieved ?

ace3001
12-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Cause I'm lazy. When I get an AC game, I beat it as fast as I can just so I can know the ending and talk about it with friends/other fans. I do go back to do these optional objectives, but it's more "cleaning up shop" at that point than anything else. I like completing them, but I don't like replaying the missions right after I beat the game. This way, I would complete the missions without feeling like I'm missing out on any good discussion or risk getting the plot spoiled. xD

That, and it would just make the game overall more difficult, which I think is a good thing.So, just don't go past the mission until you've done everything. Cause there are some of us who like the freedom of doing missions the way we want. That is one of the attractive things about AC. Making it linear takes a lot of the fun out. Making optional objectives mandatory would be the most stupid thing ever done, if they do it. Not that they're ever going to.

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 06:13 AM
So, just don't go past the mission until you've done everything. Cause there are some of us who like the freedom of doing missions the way we want. That is one of the attractive things about AC. Making it linear takes a lot of the fun out. Making optional objectives mandatory would be the most stupid thing ever done, if they do it. Not that they're ever going to.
I said I didn't predict/hope that this was going to be the case, I was just explaining to you why I voted for it. You seem offended for some reason...relax, Ubisoft isn't going to do that, and I don't actually hope they do that. I agree that linear games aren't fun, but putting some restrictions on the player isn't linear. Besides, complete and total freedom is lazy game design and ends up being too easy and boring.

LinkAndLoad
12-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Which one is bugged & Can't be achieved ?

An Extraordinary Man.

Just bumped my thread about it.

Staple-Tape
12-01-2012, 06:42 AM
An Extraordinary Man.

Just bumped my thread about it.

I'm certain they fixed it. I was unable to get it before the patch but now I have it.

ace3001
12-01-2012, 07:05 AM
I said I didn't predict/hope that this was going to be the case, I was just explaining to you why I voted for it. You seem offended for some reason...relax, Ubisoft isn't going to do that, and I don't actually hope they do that. I agree that linear games aren't fun, but putting some restrictions on the player isn't linear. Besides, complete and total freedom is lazy game design and ends up being too easy and boring.It isn't lazy game design when they have set some objectives and leave it to the player to choose whether to do them.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Lmao xD

"Make the colors/symbols/sounds less harsh."

Hahahahahahaha xD

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Lmao xD

"Make the colors/symbols/sounds less harsh."

Hahahahahahaha xD
I'm serious, I've heard this multiple times -.-

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm serious, I've heard this multiple times -.-
I know..That`s why I`m laughing xD

"The Color Red hurts my feelings":p

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 08:21 AM
I know..That`s why I`m laughing xD

"The Color Red hurts my feelings":p
Yeah, that's pretty much what they say! xD

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much what they say! xD
It`s not the the OPTIONAL objectives that hold freedom..

It`s the design of some missions. 3 Assassinations that are done with the push of a button ?? Really ? That`s what`s making me afraid of Ubisoft`s Survey Uncharted question..

I NEVER completed optional objectives except when I felt like it...Till now, I have not finished that part in AC III...I have done all missions how I liked...and I never cried when I saw that
RED
(I`m sorry does that hurt ??)

ProdiGurl
12-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I wish this was a "pick all that apply" rather than only one.

>

Give us the option to turn it off in the menu.
Only have one optional objective like AC:B.
I like it, but I want better rewards.
Keep it the way it is, I love it!

<
I liked 4 of them. The one I for sure would pick is just to have one optional objective - not 2 and 3. It's hard enough for me to accomplish 1 of them lol
Usually when I play the first time, I don't worry much about synching becuz it's new & I screw up alot - I'm too busy focusing on other things & learning stuff - just trying to get the mission done.
Alot of times for me, I can't read the text to know what to do. It blips off too fast & it too often is light on light text to background so I don't know what the objectives are.
I have to hurry & call up my map & hope it's posted in the upper box for me.

Good reward is good incentive.... I like that & for my first play thru, I might opt to turn off synching to better learn & enjoy the game.

I like and need synch's to keep me challenged but it could be done other ways to appease more people. Either start w/ difficulty level options or keep synchs.

psf22
12-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Can't vote

cmrggamer
12-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm so confused why people are getting so annoyed by something that's optional...I mean, I think they chose the optional objectives to fit the characters. I guess people don't like not getting 100% but they can always go back and do another playthrough. That's what I'm going to do. I wanted to get to the end relatively quickly since I knew I wasn't going to be able to play for some time, and when I do my second playthrough I'll go for 100%.
I like the optional objectives, since it adds a little challenge for those who want it.

Paribissee
12-01-2012, 04:11 PM
It`s not the the OPTIONAL objectives that hold freedom..

It`s the design of some missions. 3 Assassinations that are done with the push of a button ?? Really ? That`s what`s making me afraid of Ubisoft`s Survey Uncharted question..

I NEVER completed optional objectives except when I felt like it...Till now, I have not finished that part in AC III...I have done all missions how I liked...and I never cried when I saw that
RED
(I`m sorry does that hurt ??)

This! Same with me dont understand this stupid whining just dont do them if you are not liking them although im a little bored with NY underground but thats minor :cool:

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 07:04 PM
i like the way you make polls. you usually have a choice for any kind of thought process. i was gonna pick "don't care" but then i saw " i like it, but want better rewards" and it just fits better with the way i feel. i really like your polls keep it up!

TreFacTor
12-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm torn on this subject. On the one hand, i don't like restrictions in the way I play the game, i like variety. Then again you are replaying memories so things happened a certain way and should be done a certain way. On the other hand, there is room for some flexibility. The perfectionist in me likes 100% sync while the IDGF side wants to play the way I want. Really, the only thing i want from AC is to be able to play through the entire thing again without the need to jump in and out of DNA fragments (new game plus feature). This is the only thing that really bugs me. Once I've completed the main story once (or as a reward for 100% syncing the main story), I want to be able to use Animus hacks on my next play through from beginning to end while my progress is saved, instead of completing a memory segment only to be dumped back into free mode.

Ruscris2
12-01-2012, 09:34 PM
The objectives we're pretty decent compared with previous games. The only annoying one was the "kill 2 militia before the bodyguard dies" objective. And also, i would like to see them all before starting the mission. Sometimes i don't pay atention to them during scenes and i miss them.

xboxauditore
12-01-2012, 09:36 PM
After trying the Chasing Lee mission like 8 times, I've taken a break to vent my anger at this. Some optional objectives are good, ones like the mission i'm on right now, Were suggested by the devil.

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 10:18 PM
new suggested system: there are 3 type of objecives
each fall into a category:
Assassin
Warrior
Mentor

in every mission there are specific optional objectives taliored to each category.

The Assassin ex) stealth kill with hiddenblade, don't be detected, don't take damage, etc
The Warrior ex) achieve a 5 kill streak, counter 3 badguys. kill with a certain weapon, etc
The Mentor ex) use recruits to lure guards away, call assassins while in conflict, etc

you can complete any combination of the objectives, and it will feed into a certain rating. this rating will change depending on what category objectives you completed the most or the least. ex). you were more of a stealth guy rather than a warrior and leader throughout the entire game. at the end it gives you a unique reward based on that rating. ex) you completed all of the assassin objectives, so you get ??? that has to do with assassins mindset(maybe a suit? new assassin stealth weapon?). you will also get a rank title at the end of the game that varies alot. ex) you had a mix rating between Assassin and Warrior, you get the title " Hitman"(or something similar). if you are more recruit oriented you may get a new feature to utilize for the recruits at the end of the game. your titles(rank) will vary accordingly. maybe you are a mx between them, but not awesome at them all(by that i mean optional objective wise) you get a ranking like " assassin of all trades"

im just spewing nonsense aren't I?...

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Assassin
Warrior
Mentor

in every mission there are specific optional objectives taliored to each category.

The Assassin ex) stealth kill with hiddenblade, don't be detected, don't take damage, etc
The Warrior ex) achieve a 5 kill streak, counter 3 badguys. kill with a certain weapon, etc
The Mentor ex) use recruits to lure guards away, call assassins while in conflict, etc

you can complete any combination of the objectives, and it will feed into a certain rating. this rating will change depending on what category objectives you completed the most or the least. ex). you were more of a stealth guy rather than a warrior and leader throughout the entire game. at the end it gives you a unique reward based on that rating. ex) you completed all of the assassin objectives, so you get ??? that has to do with assassins mindset(maybe a suit? new assassin stealth weapon?). you will also get a rank title at the end of the game that varies alot. ex) you had a mix rating between Assassin and Warrior, you get the title " Hitman"(or something similar). if you are more recruit oriented you may get a new feature to utilize for the recruits at the end of the game. your titles(rank) will vary accordingly. maybe you are a mx between them, but not awesome at them all(by that i mean optional objective wise) you get a ranking like " assassin of all trades"

x-HA HA You FAILED

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Assassin
Warrior
Mentor

x-HA HA You FAILED

no need to be mean...

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 10:27 PM
no need to be mean...
I guess that`s how everyone who complains about the "harshness" of the message after failing an objective feels xD

Sushiglutton
12-01-2012, 10:36 PM
I thought the system was overall fine. I did most of them, but skipped a couple. However I think the checkpoint system needs a little tuning sometimes. Sometimes I failed an objective at the same instant as I got to a new checkpoint, forcing me to restart the entire mission. They could add the option to move to the checkpoint before the last completed (I know some games do this).

ProdiGurl
12-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Assassin
Warrior
Mentor

I don't think it's nonsense... foundationally it could be used - like you have to accumulate a certain number of kills, no kills, stealth, fleeing guards, etc. but you get to choose which missions you use which objective in? Like in the Brawlers side missions you have to perform a certain number of objectives.
There could be a level of difficulty you list at top - Assassin is easiest set of objectives, etc.

Not a bad idea, that way you do have your freedom to synch or not thru the whole game (main missions only) and it's not decided each mission for you.
Some people would probly like a system that's less restrictive like that yet still causes challenge for us.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't think it's nonsense... foundationally it could be used - like you have to accumulate a certain number of kills, no kills, stealth, fleeing guards, etc. but you get to choose which missions you use which objective in? Like in the Brawlers side missions you have to perform a certain number of objectives.
There could be a level of difficulty you list at top - Assassin is easiest set of objectives, etc.

Not a bad idea, that way you do have your freedom to synch or not thru the whole game (main missions only) and it's not decided each mission for you.
Some people would probly like a system that's less restrictive like that yet still causes challenge for us.
Everyone`s still going to complain, though

ProdiGurl
12-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Everyone`s still going to complain, though

lol yep. I can only imagine how many new complaints that would start? One I can think of is that they still want synch's to be gone completely or to be left as they are now.
Or that synching is no different than side mission challenges and this isn't as challenging enough. Who knows.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 11:16 PM
lol yep. I can only imagine how many new complaints that would start? One I can think of is that they still want synch's to be gone completely or to be left as they are now.
Or that synching is no different than side mission challenges and this isn't as challenging enough. Who knows.
No...more like

"Why the change, Ubi ?? I liked it before"

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 11:17 PM
... it doesn't matter anyhow. its a fail remember?

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM
... it doesn't matter anyhow. its a fail remember?
I was joking xD

I`m surprised you did not get the joke

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 11:24 PM
oh. nevermind then. YAY!

shobhit7777777
12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
OPTIONAL.............nuff said..

People who want it removed are seriously over reacting..

+1

I may dislike it...but someone else may enjoy it. What right do I have demanding the removal of a feature that can be toggled off and if it's removal may sour someone else's enjoyment. That's unfair.

Jexx21
12-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Hmm.. TrueAssassin, that's an idea of yours that is pretty awesome.

I always supported the idea of the game determining what it does based on your play-style.

WarriorAegis
12-02-2012, 12:15 AM
I like the current set up where one optional objective completed works toward your synch total.

I'd like rewards though for getting 100% snych.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Hmm.. TrueAssassin, that's an idea of yours that is pretty awesome.

I always supported the idea of the game determining what it does based on your play-style.

after i organize it a bit, i was planning to put it in the official AC3 beyond thread after i organized it better. or just make a thread.
the game shouldn't be trying to punish you for playing your way. it should be rewarding yoy for playing your way. also it would greatly increase replayability considering people may want to be max warrior on one save slot, and max assassin on the other

ace3001
12-02-2012, 01:54 AM
Assassin
Warrior
Mentor

im just spewing nonsense aren't I?...That'd be a pretty great idea in terms of gameplay alone, but it'd go against the whole thing of 100% synch being the way that Connor did it? Of course, if all three together add up to it, it'll still work, I guess.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 01:57 AM
That'd be a pretty great idea in terms of gameplay alone, but it'd go against the whole thing of 100% synch being the way that Connor did it? Of course, if all three together add up to it, it'll still work, I guess.

they've already proved they don't care about synch logic lol. the mere fact connor wins altairs robes proves this. if they are gonna stray from it, we might as well tell them how to do it right

ProdiGurl
12-02-2012, 02:07 AM
+1

I may dislike it...but someone else may enjoy it. What right do I have demanding the removal of a feature that can be toggled off and if it's removal may sour someone else's enjoyment. That's unfair.

I vote that if they remove synching, that they have to remove all chases too And timed missions :p

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 02:08 AM
new suggested system

That's a pretty good idea. The only problem I can see is that it would be pretty hard to communicate 9 different objectives in a short time, although I suppose you could be sent to a menu to mull it over. Might break the atmosphere a bit though.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
they've already proved they don't care about synch logic lol. the mere fact connor wins altairs robes proves this. if they are gonna stray from it, we might as well tell them how to do it right

Nah, I meant logic of the memory alone. The outfit unlocks never made sense. Even in Brotherhood, Ezio got a Desmond skin by 100%ing Sequence 8, remember? :p

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
That's a pretty good idea. The only problem I can see is that it would be pretty hard to communicate 9 different objectives in a short time, although I suppose you could be sent to a menu to mull it over. Might break the atmosphere a bit though.

3 was just an example. there could be varying numbers of them for each mission. as long as all of the objectives add up equally as a whole

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Nah, I meant logic of the memory alone. The outfit unlocks never made sense. Even in Brotherhood, Ezio got a Desmond skin by 100%ing Sequence 8, remember? :p

i wish the devs would make up their mind

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 02:40 AM
3 was just an example. there could be varying numbers of them for each mission. as long as all of the objectives add up equally as a whole

The only way it would fit with the concept of full sync is if a future AC was like GTA V. It's going to have three protagonists, and you can switch between them. Any that you're not controlling will be computer-controlled.

So AC could do that, if the person in the animus was related to all three assassins, and you switched between them according to the gameplay style you wanted to use, and get their objectives. A bit complex, but not impossible!

Turul.
12-02-2012, 05:43 AM
needs better rewards other than useless achievements.

got pretty annoyed with ac3 at times. 1 requirement is enough IMO

psf22
12-02-2012, 07:17 AM
If you get annoyed by playing a video game and its optional objectives, find another Hobby

Keep them in, balance them out, and give out better rewards like a weapon sets, memories etc

Can't vote btw

Mermleblock
12-02-2012, 07:25 AM
...The x's make me feel like a failure at being an epic assassin.

I actually quite enjoy the optional objectives. I'm just not very good at completing them.

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 07:44 AM
TrueAssassin77...I absolutely love that idea. Do you mind if I try to expend upon it?

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 07:46 AM
TrueAssassin77...I absolutely love that idea. Do you mind if I try to expend upon it?

knock yourself out.

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks. I'll probably repeat a lot of what you already said and likely mean, but I'm just trying to get a more clear image of it.

For now, I'm just going to say there are three different "classes"; the fighter, the runner, and the hidden. The runner class I'm not as confident in, but I'm just describing it for the sake of explaining.

At the beginning of the level, you will be given 3 optional objectives. One will be associated with combat, one will be associated with stealth, and one will be a parkour-based option. Sometimes you will be able to complete all three, sometimes you will only be able to complete one (or you can just choose to complete none).

A stealth objective might be to simply not be detected or to assassinate from a hidden location. A combat objective might be to kill a certain number of people in a certain way or with a certain weapon. A running objective might be to not run into any civilians or do a certain number of running-assassinations.

Throughout the game, your objectives will be tallied and you will be rewarded appropriately for your class. If you complete X number of stealth objectives, you'll get a poison dart or something. If you complete X number of combat objectives, you'll get a better sword or other weapon. If you complete X number of running objectives, you'll gain access to smoke bombs or certain free-running moves. Not only are you not forced to play a certain way, but you're being rewarded for playing how you want. For those who want to complete everything, you can still go back and do the other objectives separately.

At any time during the game, you can check your spread; something like 60% fighter, 30% runner, 10% hidden. If you complete all of the objectives in every level, you reach the Mentor class. Spreads from each player will be sent online so you can compare your play style to the rest of the world. Like TrueAssassin77 said, a close mix of objectives would lead to combinations classes.

Not only would these objectives provide some challenge, but they'd provide challenge tailored to the play-style of the gamer. Rewards would be more significant. They're still optional, but a player is bound to accomplish one eventually. It doesn't contradict with the lore of playing as an ancestor because you still have the ability to back and get the other skills.

This seems really awesome to me...I wish I had thought of it. Rather, I wish the creators have thought of it. Obviously we wouldn't know how successful this would actually be unless we tried it out, but I think it'd be something worth looking into.

Edit: Sorry, this ended up being a lot more similar to what you posted than I expected. I only read part of your original post about it while I was at work, and I've been excited thinking about it since. Apparently I ended up at most of the same places you did.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks. I'll probably repeat a lot of what you already said and likely mean, but I'm just trying to get a more clear image of it.

For now, I'm just going to say there are three different "classes"; the fighter, the runner, and the hidden. The runner class I'm not as confident in, but I'm just describing it for the sake of explaining.

At the beginning of the level, you will be given 3 optional objectives. One will be associated with combat, one will be associated with stealth, and one will be a parkour-based option. Sometimes you will be able to complete all three, sometimes you will only be able to complete one (or you can just choose to complete none).

A stealth objective might be to simply not be detected or to assassinate from a hidden location. A combat objective might be to kill a certain number of people in a certain way or with a certain weapon. A running objective might be to not run into any civilians or do a certain number of running-assassinations.

Throughout the game, your objectives will be tallied and you will be rewarded appropriately for your class. If you complete X number of stealth objectives, you'll get a poison dart or something. If you complete X number of combat objectives, you'll get a better sword or other weapon. If you complete X number of running objectives, you'll gain access to smoke bombs or certain free-running moves. Not only are you not forced to play a certain way, but you're being rewarded for playing how you want. For those who want to complete everything, you can still go back and do the other objectives separately.

At any time during the game, you can check your spread; something like 60% fighter, 30% runner, 10% hidden. If you complete all of the objectives in every level, you reach the Mentor class. Spreads from each player will be sent online so you can compare your play style to the rest of the world. Like TrueAssassin77 said, a close mix of objectives would lead to combinations classes.

Not only would these objectives provide some challenge, but they'd provide challenge tailored to the play-style of the gamer. Rewards would be more significant. They're still optional, but a player is bound to accomplish one eventually. It doesn't contradict with the lore of playing as an ancestor because you still have the ability to back and get the other skills.

This seems really awesome to me...I wish I had thought of it. Rather, I wish the creators have thought of it. Obviously we wouldn't know how successful this would actually be unless we tried it out, but I think it'd be something worth looking into.
is it safe to name a runner as a playstyle tho? hidden, means you like to go undetected. play like an assassin. fighter means you like to rampage your way through. but runner? means you like to run?

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 08:32 AM
is it safe to name a runner as a playstyle tho? hidden, means you like to go undetected. play like an assassin. fighter means you like to rampage your way through. but runner? means you like to run?
I'm not sure, that's why I said I wasn't as confident in it. Still, I'll try to expand upon it.

Sure, runner and stealth are similar as in they're much less confrontational than combat, but I think they're different enough. When I think stealth, I'm not just talking hidden, but also social stealth. A "hidden" approach might be to follow someone on the ground by hiding behind, sitting on benches, or hiding within a group of civilians. The "runner" on the other hand might follow someone from the roof-tops. A stealthy person might take out their main target without being seen, but a runner might run in, kill their target in-front of everyone, run away while being chased, and escape their pursuers.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:40 AM
the way i see it, runner can also be called escape artist. but that just seems to tied in with assassin playstyle imo.

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 08:43 AM
the way i see it, runner can also be called escape artist. but that just seems to tied in with assassin playstyle imo.
Well running, hiding, and fighting are all part of being an assassin. When Ubisoft talks about stealth, they usually like to focus on the "social" aspect of it. I'm talking about that, and a general lack of detection. With runner, you could still be detected.

I'm fine with there being a different class, but I just don't know what else there would be. Maybe Fighter and Stealth could be the major classes, and then there'd be multiple other lesser classes like master (with the recruits) or runner, etc.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Well running, hiding, and fighting are all part of being an assassin. When Ubisoft talks about stealth, they usually like to focus on the "social" aspect of it. I'm talking about that, and a general lack of detection. With runner, you could still be detected.

I'm fine with there being a different class, but I just don't know what else there would be. Maybe Fighter and Stealth could be the major classes, and then there'd be multiple other lesser classes like master (with the recruits) or runner, etc.

maybe... an agent class instead of runner?
agent class is where u use you tools instead? like a trip mine. or fighting with the snares? just a thought.

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 08:55 AM
maybe... an agent class instead of runner?
agent class is where u use you tools instead? like a trip mine. or fighting with the snares? just a thought.
That might be cool too, but I think some of those might just lend themselves to fighting or stealth. I think it'd make a better sub-class.

Also...

i like the way you make polls. you usually have a choice for any kind of thought process. i was gonna pick "don't care" but then i saw " i like it, but want better rewards" and it just fits better with the way i feel. i really like your polls keep it up!
Thanks a lot! I feel like I might be putting too many options sometimes, but I just want to get a more accurate sense of how people feel. xD

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:55 AM
nah. nvm about the agent class.

we need something that can be considered a playstyle. something for everyone. assassin/hidden and warrior/fighter are considered playstyles. the only thing i can think of that is completely removed from those to is Mentor at the moment.

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Maybe combat and stealth are enough? Everything can pretty much fit into those two categories, and I think people generally tend to fall within those categories anyway. The only reason I said "runner" was because I wanted to make a class out of the 3 Pillars of AC.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Maybe combat and stealth are enough? Everything can pretty much fit into those two categories, and I think people generally tend to fall within those categories anyway. The only reason I said "runner" was because I wanted to make a class out of the 3 Pillars of AC.

yep. agreed.
theres always this unexplainable reason to use the number 3. but it'd make AC diff from the norm and that a good thing!

MasterAssasin84
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I see a lot of people complaining about 100% Synch, and I really don't understand why. It'd be one thing if people were saying "The options should be mandatory!", but it's not even that. People are complaining

that they don't make sense game-play wise,
the're too difficult,
they're too restrictive,
and they're too annoying (that they keep coming up and that there's a horrid red x on the screen...)

To that I say,

they do make sense, they exist to add challenge to an overall easy game,
they're optional if this is a problem for you,
not only don't you have to do them, but they provide restricted freedom, which has almost all of the appeals of freedom with more of a challenge,
...I have no response to this one, it's hardly intrusive.

Do you like it? Hate it? Would you like to see it changed somehow? Personally, I'd like it if these requirements were mandatory, but I know that'll never happen and don't expect everyone else would like it either. Because of this, I'm fine with things the way they are now, but I wouldn't mind some modifications. What do you think?

I like the 100% sync system i feel it provided me more of a challenge so i see no reason to get rid of neither do see the logic in complaining about it, i cant understand why some people want to buy a game then race through it on the easiest way possible.

Me i like to attach myself to the story, take my time doing the side missions - optional objectives, i like the 100% sync elements because in some missions you really have to act and behave like a proper Assassin rather than a childish run and gun noob !!

ProdiGurl
12-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I actually quite enjoy the optional objectives. I'm just not very good at completing them.

That about sums me up too. The majority aren't that bad, but some of them are just impossible for me.

To me, a 'runner' class sounds like chasing, racing, timing type of stuff. Nothing I'd ever choose to do :nonchalance: (but there are fans who love that stuff and are good at it)

>>> Do you like it? Hate it? Would you like to see it changed somehow? Personally, I'd like it if these requirements were mandatory, but I know that'll never happen and don't expect everyone else would like it either. Because of this, I'm fine with things the way they are now, but I wouldn't mind some modifications. What do you think?<<<

I have a feeling that if it's too complicated or complex, people will not accept it well or get it. If it's basically presented like something we're already familiar with (ie. brawler side mission formula/system), then it might be fine.
I'm not sure I'm 100% understanding the format itself from the description.

UrDeviant1
12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
They are optional, but they could at least be a bit more rewarding, as could most of side quests. Giving them context would make them more Interesting. In AC2 we finished collecting the feathers for Petruccio (our dead brother), who planned on giving them to his mother but obviously was unable to. In AC:B we had an Incentive to achieve 100% to unlock repressed memories. Why Isn't there any context to these quests anymore?

ShrunkLawyer0
12-02-2012, 04:12 PM
misvoted leave them but give better rewards

ProdiGurl
12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
They are optional, but they could at least be a bit more rewarding, as could most of side quests. Giving them context would make them more Interesting. In AC2 we finished collecting the feathers for Petruccio (our dead brother), who planned on giving them to his mother but obviously was unable to. In AC:B we had an Incentive to achieve 100% to unlock repressed memories. Why Isn't there any context to these quests anymore?

I'd like to see that too.... in ACB I don't think we had to "unlock" any Cristina memories, did we? But I enjoyed those alot
That would be a great element to add back in - it gave more to the ambiance of the game.

UrDeviant1
12-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd like to see that too.... in ACB I don't think we had to "unlock" any Cristina memories, did we? But I enjoyed those alot
That would be a great element to add back in - it gave more to the ambiance of the game.

I thought we unlocked the Christina missions by achieving 100% on optional objectives at certain points In the story. I could be forgetting but I think that's how It happened.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I thought we unlocked the Christina missions by achieving 100% on optional objectives at certain points In the story. I could be forgetting but I think that's how It happened.

We unlocked Cristina memories by achieving various total synch percentages. If I remember right, something like 45%, 60%, 75%, 90%. (Not sure.)

ProdiGurl
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Hmmm, if so, I might have some memories that could be unlocked yet :rolleyes:.
I remember some memories just becoming available when I got to a certain point in the game. It's been a long time so I just don't remember the details.
But ya, opening up some side bits of Connor's past could be really rewarding.

Sidizen
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
100% Shynch sucks, I am soooooo happy it's not in AC3!

UrDeviant1
12-02-2012, 10:12 PM
100% Shynch sucks, I am soooooo happy it's not in AC3!

Yeah man, Shynch sucks. I'm glad Syncing Is still In AC3 though.