PDA

View Full Version : Has a certain...allure

the_heat11
11-30-2012, 10:27 PM
So I've been playing ACIII since it came out, until last weekend. Why, you ask? I got Red Dead Redemption. Now I'm not gonna lie, I actually like RDR more than AC3 but i still have this urge to go back to ACIII. I don't know why. It's a good game, but I like RDR more and its got way less bugs. Bu this game...it just calls to me and can;t resist going back...

Im going to get so much hate for making a thread as pointless and stupid as this.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Not really pointless...Sadly, My favorite game is still RDR, AC III comes second, but like you, there is a certain allure that pushes me back to AC. I dunno if it`s the limited environmental interaction in RDR, but both games have A LOT in common.

The hunting and animals in AC; however, feel more....right. The Animals actually are doing something before they sense you. Animals in RDR are mostly roaming around or eating grass. in AC III you`ll find wolves grouping around a victim, then proceed to eat it, Baby wolves suckling milk, 2 elks fighting it over. AC III`s Animals are just fantastic.

RDR on the other hand has arguably the best Horse mechanics ever created and the most ALIVE world ever in the sandbox genre.

But like you, there is this thing that pushes me to play AC III after sometime with RDR..

UrDeviant1
11-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Yup, Rockstar even went to the extent of motion capturing a horse. That's why RDR's horses are so **** good.

the_heat11
11-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Not really pointless...Sadly, My favorite game is still RDR, AC III comes second, but like you, there is a certain allure that pushes me back to AC. I dunno if it`s the limited environmental interaction in RDR, but both games have A LOT in common.

The hunting and animals in AC; however, feel more....right. The Animals actually are doing something before they sense you. Animals in RDR are mostly roaming around or eating grass. in AC III you`ll find wolves grouping around a victim, then proceed to eat it, Baby wolves suckling milk, 2 elks fighting it over. AC III`s Animals are just fantastic.

RDR on the other hand has arguably the best Horse mechanics ever created and the most ALIVE world ever in the sandbox genre.

But like you, there is this thing that pushes me to play AC III after a sometime with RDR..
Holy crap dont get me started on how much I love the horses in RDR and yea the world does feel more alive there

AdrianJacek
11-30-2012, 10:38 PM
And then you'll get to Mexico, alas. Ugh.
Thou shalt not worry though as the Third Chapter is actually brilliant.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Yup, Rockstar even went to the extent of motion capturing a horse. That's why RDR's horses are so **** good.
Makes AC`s horses look like they were made by children..

the_heat11
11-30-2012, 10:40 PM
that being said, I'm actually having trouble deciding whether to play ACIII or RDR later...

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 10:45 PM
that being said, I'm actually having trouble deciding whether to play ACIII or RDR later...
Start with RDR play it for a couple of hours then move onto AC III..

See which one you feel like continuing then

UrDeviant1
11-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Makes AC`s horses look like they were made by children..

Bit harsh. XD But hey, It might be the kick up the arse they need to finally get their horse mechanics down.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Bit harsh. XD But hey, It might be the kick up the arse they need to finally get their horse mechanics down.
I know..and so long as Horses like RDR`s exist..I`ll continue to harshly criticize AC`s..

They do not even know the Anatomy of the damm horse...they actually built the horses EXACTLY like the breeds they made found in Europe...My god

AdrianJacek
11-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I do have to say that AC3 made one very important thing much better - gave the villains more screen time. I mean seriously - you only meet Javier or Xavier Escuel-lalala once. ONCE. You know, it kind of helps to know how the guy looks like when you're looking for him. And Bill also pops out of nowhere in that Chapter. The game's like - "Oh, there he is, go get him so we can move on!"
But as I said - Ch3 with Dutch is nearly perfect.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 10:55 PM
I do have to say that AC3 made one very important thing much better - gave the villains more screen time. I mean seriously - you only meet Javier or Xavier Escuel-lalala once. ONCE. You know, it kind of helps to know how the guy looks like when you're looking for him. And Bill also pops out of nowhere in that Chapter. The game's like - "Oh, there he is, go get him so we can move on!"
But as I said - Ch3 with Dutch is nearly perfect.
You have a point there, another thing that RDR does better than AC III is the feeling that you`re in an Epic and LONG adventure. RDR is half the length of GTA IV in terms of main missions, but never did i feel that..

When I finished it for the first time and checked how many missions did it take, I was shocked to find the number a mere 52 compared to GTA IV`s 100

scooper121s
11-30-2012, 10:56 PM
You have a point there, another thing that RDR does better than AC III is the feeling that you`re in an Epic and LONG adventure. RDR is half the length of GTA IV in terms of main missions, but never did i feel that..

When I finished it for the first time and checked how many missions did it take, I was shocked to find the number a mere 52 compared to GTA IV`s 100
Is RDR that good?

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Is RDR that good?
Best Open world game I`v had the pleasure of playing...

ACfan443
11-30-2012, 11:08 PM
RDR did have a very 'alive' world (as opposed to AC's static NPCs) but I found it really boring, for me it was like a chore to finish, and as a trophy hunter it was even more tedious cause I had to complete all the side stuff. I have to agree though that AC's animals are a lot better, those "'magical moments" make it feel much more immersive and natural, however those awful QTEs make animal combat feel repetitive and awkward. IMO AC3 is better than RDR (I didn't experience many glitches with either of them), but overall AC3 isn't my favourite game - that's my totally unbiased view.

the_heat11
11-30-2012, 11:56 PM
RDR did have a very 'alive' world (as opposed to AC's static NPCs) but I found it really boring, for me it was like a chore to finish, and as a trophy hunter it was even more tedious cause I had to complete all the side stuff. I have to agree though that AC's animals are a lot better, those "'magical moments" make it feel much more immersive and natural, however those awful QTEs make animal combat feel repetitive and awkward. IMO AC3 is better than RDR (I didn't experience many glitches with either of them), but overall AC3 isn't my favourite game - that's my totally unbiased view.

Fair enough, but i have to disagree. I have a lot of fun with rdr. sure it doesnt have the best tps mechanics, but that doesnt stop it from being fun as hell for me