PDA

View Full Version : 6th place with 4 pursuers in Wanted

Aqueous12
11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Yup, that just happened to me. 4 pursuers while in 6th place in a Wanted match is just something that should never happen. I don't remember ever running into this in ACB or ACR Wanted, in fact I remember being impressed at how well those games decided how many pursuers you got based on your place in the match.

Another thing in the same vein I've had happen is I joined a Wanted match which had about 7:00 minutes remaining. So I spawn in 8th place with 0 points.... but I also start off with 2 pursuers... Makes no sense.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

najzere
11-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Yeah happens a lot. I think four pursuers specifically happens more to me when I'm at the bottom of the scoreboard than the top. I think it has something to do with joining games late though, seems to be when I notice it.

SpontaneousC0W
11-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Honestly, theres nothing to do about, I guess just be heavily defensive, or just die :P

LeVis69LaTrIcK
11-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Just annoter thing that shows that this game is broken,the contract system doesn't work,Mainly in Deathmatch

Hastatus_Atratus
11-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I think it is because they changed what determines your pursuers. In the game mode description it says:

"The higher your rank, the more pursuers will hunt you."

While some might think this means your rank on the scoreboard within the game, I'm starting to wonder if this means your overall Abstergo rank outside the game mode: i.e. your ladder rank.

I say this because if you are in last place in Deathmatch you do not get pursuers at all. I've tested this by intentionally being last place and not getting pursuers for the rest of matches. While if you are in last place in Wanted, you do get multiple pursuers quite often. Maybe someone should start a new character and test this out.

I can't prove it but it would be nice for Ubisoft to elaborate on what they mean by "your rank" in this instance. I have never seen Ubisoft write "rank" when referring to the scoreboards. When they refer to the scoreboards they seem to say "scores" rather than "ranks." Maybe this is what I will ask in the questions for the developers thread.

Aqueous12
11-30-2012, 10:30 PM
I think it is because they changed what determines your pursuers. In the game mode description it says:

While some might think this means your rank on the scoreboard within the game, I'm starting to wonder if this means your overall Abstergo rank outside the game mode: i.e. your ladder rank.

I say this because if you are in last place in Deathmatch you do not get pursuers at all. I've tested this by intentionally being last place and not getting pursuers for the rest of matches. While if you are in last place in Wanted, you do get multiple pursuers quite often. Maybe someone should start a new character and test this out.

I can't prove it but it would be nice for Ubisoft to elaborate on what they mean by "your rank" in this instance. I have never seen Ubisoft write "rank" when referring to the scoreboards. When they refer to the scoreboards they seem to say "scores" rather than "ranks." Maybe this is what I will ask in the questions for the developers thread.

Interesting theory. Or perhaps it's based on your level in the game. I don't remember completely, but I think when I got 4 pursuers in 6th place I was in a round at level 45 playing against other players who were mostly in their teens or 20's.

Moi-dix-Mois43
12-01-2012, 12:26 AM

Very interesting theory indeed :O That would actually explain a lot.

Kytr
12-01-2012, 12:30 AM
I think it's just busted.

najzere
12-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Don't think it has anything to do with rank outside the session scoreboard, I routinely see my low level target has two or three other pursuers besides me. The system just doesn't have a sanity check.