PDA

View Full Version : UBISOFT - Did you even test this game?

Sibi1987
11-30-2012, 07:27 PM
I have been facing constant crashes/freezes as soon as I reach Boston and the game is unplayable right now for me.I have a ATI HD 5650 which falls well above the minimum requirements to run this game.
AND I am not alone in this. Many players are facing the same issues - lags/crash in Boston - but I am yet to see even ONE OFFICIAL RESPONSE from Ubisoft.

I understand that PC gamers are always being treated as second class citizens since you always treat every PC gamer as a pirate. But do know that there are PC gamers out there who love AC series and have waited for a long time to buy this.Please think of the frustration we are facing right now as we are not able to proceed in the game 30 minutes after the intro.

Seriously - did you even test the game? If many players are facing this serious issues - it makes one wonder how this game got through QA.

We paid you. Fix this up. Please. Or atleast tell us what the issue is.

pestt0
11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
+1. It's not a very good start is it Ubisoft. When your struggling to keep your credibility with quite a large market you could at least try and make a game that is stable. The chip manufacturers are trying to make it easy for you, give them a call sometime. They can be quite helpful. Unlike the tumbleweed response for the many issues arising for this PC release. It's pathetic.

dogamongkorn
11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
I am a PC user. My PC barely matches the requirements and I am not having any of the issues people are reporting. No crashes, minimal video lag which is expected and I just turn down the graphics settings a notch and gameplay is GREAT!

Well I had one weird issue when I first started, but it was a problem with my computer, not AC3.

With PC games, MANY things can affect a games performance. Did you check to make sure you met ALL the hardware requirments and not just the video card? If you have an awesome video card, but your CPU is slow or RAM is low that also affects performance. If you have a bunch of programs installed and/or running on your computer that will also affect AC3 performance.

When is the last time you performed maintenance on your PC? Cleaned temp files, checked registry, updated Windows. Sometimes running a program like CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com) by Piriform can solve a TON of problems.

The reason PC gamers get treated differently, is because PC's are so different than a console. A PS3/XBox will always be the same hardware so its much easier to write the game for those platforms. With different versions of Windows, Intel vs AMD, NVidia vs ATI, etc..etc.. it makes it MUCH harder for a game developer to write the program so that it works for everyone single nuance associated to the PC world.

Before you start blaming the game makers, check to make sure your PC is not the problem here. If your PC is fine, then maybe Ubi can do something to help fix the game.

KilleRpapriCZka
11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm playing on 2 PCs - low fps in Boston on both...
Better PC have 2 graphic cards... !
N470GTX Twin Frozr II (1260MB) and GTS 250 (1GB)
Both of them 4GB RAM DDR3.
The thing that is almost the same and it's crapping it up is CPU - Intel Quad Core Q8400 and Q9600.
Low FPS have people with Intel Quad Core and i5, as I read it everywhere.
CPU optimalization is CRAP.

And cause of this, I canceled pre-order Far Cry 3.

pestt0
11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I am a PC user. My PC barely matches the requirements and I am not having any of the issues people are reporting. No crashes, minimal video lag which is expected and I just turn down the graphics settings a notch and gameplay is GREAT!

Well I had one weird issue when I first started, but it was a problem with my computer, not AC3.

With PC games, MANY things can affect a games performance. Did you check to make sure you met ALL the hardware requirments and not just the video card? If you have an awesome video card, but your CPU is slow or RAM is low that also affects performance. If you have a bunch of programs installed and/or running on your computer that will also affect AC3 performance.

When is the last time you performed maintenance on your PC? Cleaned temp files, checked registry, updated Windows. Sometimes running a program like CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com) by Piriform can solve a TON of problems.

The reason PC gamers get treated differently, is because PC's are so different than a console. A PS3/XBox will always be the same hardware so its much easier to write the game for those platforms. With different versions of Windows, Intel vs AMD, NVidia vs ATI, etc..etc.. it makes it MUCH harder for a game developer to write the program so that it works for everyone single nuance associated to the PC world.

Before you start blaming the game makers, check to make sure your PC is not the problem here. If your PC is fine, then maybe Ubi can do something to help fix the game.

Thank you for your input.
Yes, my PC is fine. It's running a mid range card (MSI 5850), Win 7-64, 8 gig of RAM and a i5. We have all the latest drivers and no superfluous crap attached that might cause conflicts with a million dollar game release from last Friday. One that was released for console a month ago with plenty of time for a huge console patch to be released just after. My PC runs everything else I have loaded, inc DX11 titles just fine. Yes, gaming pc's are all different but they basically boil down to very basic core components and GPU/CPU and VRAM/RAM. It's just silly little stutters that can crash and frustrate people that have paid good money for a product they hope will play out of the box. As advertised.

nairz
11-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Totally agree with you, problems like this and espacially when the devs don't give the gamers a feedback on whats going on or if they might be working on the issue. Is one of the reasons people do pirating.

I finally fixed the crashes after 2 days, and when im in-game after 4 hours or so, they ask me for activation key again, but this time saying its banned.
After facing all these problems i canceled my pre-order of Far cry 3. Ubisoft got only themselves to blame if their pc-sale goes to **** on future games

VaIius
11-30-2012, 09:29 PM

ALL games of last time working perfectly on medium or high settings. Only AC3 horrible lag. The reason can not be in the computer or the system, otherwise it would lag other games.

Sibi1987
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM

Dude..I can run any game that is released till date atleast on mid/high settings... and NO it is NOT difficult for Ubisoft to make a game run on XBOX360/PS3/PC flawlessly..they are no indie developers! They know how to do it..AC 1 and 2 ran flawlessly and why should this be different?

I am blaming UBI because this is a very important issue which should have been rectified at a early stage..instead..we gamers are paying the price of a broken piece of software.

Just because your PC is running the game perfectly doesnt mean there is no issue. Just google "AC3 Boston Crash"