PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed 3 and Crossfire :(

zoerfie
11-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Hello Communitiy,

I recently bought a second Ati 7950 HD to run Assasins Creed 3 in Crossfire Mode.
Unfortunately it doesn´t work and the performance is worst than with a single GPU. It seems Crossfire isnt detected by the game anyway...

In other games or 3D Mark my Crossfire configuration works allright.

The rest of my System is:

i7 2600k @3,8 Ghz
16 Gb
2 x 7950 HD
Win 7 64 bit

Is there any Fix to solve this problem?

thanks a lot

Abstal
12-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Using AMD System Monitor reveals that AC3 does not use my second GPU at all. What is really odd is the fact the multiplayer mode does use both my GPUs. Have you tried playing some multuplayer games already?

Razrback16
12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
It's been well-documented that AMD's drivers are not ready for AC3. Just try to be patient. I'm sure AMD will come out with a hotfix driver or a beta driver to alleviate some of the performance problems.

bernstgunner
12-06-2012, 07:14 PM
It's been well-documented that AMD's drivers are not ready for AC3. Just try to be patient. I'm sure AMD will come out with a hotfix driver or a beta driver to alleviate some of the performance problems.

Well documented ? Can't find anything about this, except this thread and this article http://news.softpedia.com/news/Assassin-s-Creed-3-on-PC-Plagued-by-Low-FPS-and-Lag-Issues-308827.shtml

Its ridiculous, i got 2x 6970's running in crossfire and AC3 is unplayable. Very low fps and laggy. I even got the new beta drivers. I've tried installing the new application profiles but it seems to make it worse http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_application_profiles/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_CAP2.exe.

EDIT: Would be nice if these things actually were well documented so that one doesn't throw money away. Buying a ****ty game that doesn't work

Kyodo64
12-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi, looks like there is no AMD application profile for AC3 yet [AMD is way too slow on this compared to Nvidia, seriously] so it won't work just like that.
Though what you can do is, make a crossfire profile for the game yourself using the profiles from old games.

Mini tut on how to do that:
Open Catalyst > Go to the Gaming tab > click 3D Application Settings > Scroll down > On the Crossfire mode part pick 'Use AMD Pre-defined Profile' instead of 'Default Mode'>On the filter type in 'as'> Pick Assassin's Creed Relevations > Scroll all the way up> Hit save>Pick the game exe out of your gamefolder.

This makes Crossfire work for me, though it's not optimized especially for this game so could be better I assume.
If you have any trouble just tell me ;d

ThreePinkApples
03-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Today is the 24th March, where is the CrossFire support? (Just testetd on the first level (in the opera right after entering it)) I have two 7970 in CrossFire, I have 50-60 FPS with CrossFire off, 30-40 with CrossFire on ........