PDA

View Full Version : UBI, please ADD PROPER MANUAL SAVEs instead of checkpoints!!!!!!!

v00d00m4n
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
I was going to give this game 9 of 10 at beginning, but after playing it about 6 hours i was little bit dissapointed by so many stupid tips and consolish crap, especially by annoying pulsing highlighting of item and even dead bodies, i wish Ubi could add options like in Dishonored, where i can turn off everything of this 1 by 1 and only leave something what i need (i personally need only a map). because that ruins realism and immersion (also detection meters merged with pointers makes it too easy to understand who can see you, far cry 1 and Crysis detection meter as well as detection method and AI was better). But despite that game is pretty good and fine, until you meet CHECKPOINTS. **** this thing ruins game completely, driving me mad and making me want me to throw my laptop with Far Cry 3 running into window!
Why, in a FPS game which had proper manual saves previous time (far cry 2), you need to FORCE people to not use saves when on missions like in some GTA or Assassin creed?
****, this game is not corridor shooter like Call of Duty (where progress isnt really matters and where no exploration exist), its about exploration, and whats really frustrating is that once you start mission and explored a lot of island on a way to this mission objective, unlocked skills, unlocked weapons, animals and other things, and then you died, and.... 30 minutes or 2 hours of progress just getting lost and all you did before is needed to be done again (in GTA, which uses checkpoints that way, when you die on mission or not you only fails mission, but everything you carried and progressed will stay with you and you will respawn in lospital, you would not be reverted to previous save in gta! Thats why there this thing works, in Far Cry 3 it failst), this game just like TES Skyrim or Fallout 3 in terms of exploration and it should have same ability to save any time FULL state of world, so if you died, you can revert to save you did minute ago and avoid wasting 2 hours to reexploring part of wold you did before.

And i noticed that even mid-level checkpoints have problems with saving full state of world, bodies and items can vanish (they vanishing quite fast, can this be fixed as well? im turning around or waited like 2-5 minutes, and then animals or guns i was going to look - vanish) or spawns staying and then dropping on ground in front of you, this doesnt work right! Whats up with making properly working save of wold state? I notticed such problems in many recent games, including Splinter Cell Conviction and Hitman Absolution. Is there some magic scroll that contains knowledge about making Save games that saves everything, and was this magic scroll lost or something, so everyone cant make a properly working saving in games these days????

Also using 1 single save slot for entire game is bad - corruption during save and wholre progress will be gone and no chance to return to previous save (proper PC games have no limited save slots, and about 3 autosave and quicksave slots in addition to endless number of manual saves, to allow reverting to previous save if some corruption will happen).. Checkpoints are stupid consolish legacy from times when saves was stored on memory cards with about 16 mb of space. On PC and even todays consoles we are not limited in space for saves, so PLEASE STOP CHECKPOINT MADNESS, UBI, MAKE A PROPER MANUAL SAVEs, that saves states of whole world, and and allows to continue exactly from saved state, this worked in Far Cry 1 (with some cfg binds to quick saves as i remember, checkpoints there was also quick annoying), in Far Cry 2, and should even better in Far Cry 3.

Please patch it Ubi! Checkpoints only, and no manual saves at any time is bad and driving people mad! Just make saving in Far Cry 3 100% same as it was in Far Cry 2 (or Crysis, but dont it Call of Duty way, which is ******ed and annoying) and everyone would be happy.

Guys, support this thread and complain to ubi support if this issue ruining FC3 experience for you too!

bucky1986
11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Too long to read OP but i agree witht the title, give us PC saves not console checkpoints!

Or at least let us keep our enmies tagged if we die, i hate having to sneak back out of their base after dying just to go back to the vantage point to tag them all again. :(

Formulka
11-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I don't mind checkpoints, but having manual save would be much appreciated.

musicback
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Wait... you want to save when you feel like it? That kinda defeats the whole purpose of this game. You're suppose accept your mistake if the alarm goes off, adapt and recon the situation. BTW your item progress is saved if you manually save in the options menu or press F9.

Ubisoft please do NOT let us save during missions, the game is already too easy, giving the option to save in a mission and reload when you messed up is not a good thing

ShadyMotley
11-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Wait... you want to save when you feel like it? That kinda defeats the whole purpose of this game. You're suppose accept your mistake if the alarm goes off, adapt and recon the situation. BTW your item progress is saved if you manually save in the options menu or press F9.

Ubisoft please do NOT let us save during missions, the game is already too easy, giving the option to save in a mission and reload when you messed up is not a good thing
Too easy? Are you playing on warrior? And if so how far have you progressed because it does not stay easy at all after some progression. Manual saving has been included in games for ages and most games have them modern or not. Also your logic is flawed, I died attacking an outpost and when I 'respawned' I was outside Badtown, which was where my objective was but I had not even gotten to Badtown yet. I would argue that it made my game easier by removing my having to walk through hostile territory to get to my objective.

Manual saves = good thing.

musicback
11-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Too easy? Are you playing on warrior? And if so how far have you progressed because it does not stay easy at all after some progression. Manual saving has been included in games for ages and most games have them modern or not. Also your logic is flawed, I died attacking an outpost and when I 'respawned' I was outside Badtown, which was where my objective was but I had not even gotten to Badtown yet. I would argue that it made my game easier by removing my having to walk through hostile territory to get to my objective.

Manual saves = good thing.

I'm playing on warrior yes. I have played for roughly around 20 hours. How can it not be easy? We get FREE Weapons thrown at us when we climb radio towers.

THe best weapon in this game you get very early = TAKEDOWNS. YOu don't even have to be near the enemy in order to auto-lounge kill him.

ShadyMotley
11-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Cool you've told us your awesome, but failed to acknowledge my arguement of 'teleporting' via the checkpoint system.

musicback
11-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Cool you've told us your awesome, but failed to acknowledge my arguement of 'teleporting' via the checkpoint system.

Is this your first FPS game? Far Cry 3 is a lot of things, but hard is not one of them.

Yeah i'm aware of manual saves and how they can be abused. We can argue in the end it's up to the player what he decides. I just like having to adapt to your playingstyle. The game tells you outright you will be spawned to the nearest mission/radio tower or outpost, why are you suprised by this?

You know getting near an enemy pressing F is really HARD (takedowns)

ShadyMotley
11-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh yes, this is my first FPS, I am so totally noob that I need some random stranger on the internet to tell me I am playing the game wrong because they find the way they play to make the experience incredibly simple and droll for their uber-skills.

I am not surprised by the teleporting, I would just rather be able to load my game back to where I was, it's not cheating, neither is teleporting, but you should be able to have the choice because neither system is perfect but I can guarantee if you took a poll more people would prefer manual saves, hence this thread where you wanted to direct Ubi to ignore it.

And by the way if your experience is so easy knifing people, here's an idea, try just using a bow with no sights only aiming for the head at any distance, there bam a challenge for ya good luck have fun.

musicback
11-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Oh yes, this is my first FPS, I am so totally noob that I need some random stranger on the internet to tell me I am playing the game wrong because they find the way they play to make the experience incredibly simple and droll for their uber-skills.

I am not surprised by the teleporting, I would just rather be able to load my game back to where I was, it's not cheating, neither is teleporting, but you should be able to have the choice because neither system is perfect but I can guarantee if you took a poll more people would prefer manual saves, hence this thread where you wanted to direct Ubi to ignore it.

And by the way if your experience is so easy knifing people, here's an idea, try just using a bow with no sights only aiming for the head at any distance, there bam a challenge for ya good luck have fun.

great logic if you find something too be to powerful then dont use it.

What if I just run around naked in the game not killing anyone how's that for a challenge?

If the game gives the player tools to beat an objective, it's the games fault if the tools ar too powerful.

The game is easy regardless of what weapons you use.

The "is this your first FPS" was an observation I made. I can't fathom how anyone would find this game to be "hard". Unless they haven't played difficult games in the past. You know what i'm saying?

Takedown is part of the game, why should I stop using it because the game makes it OP?

The majority you're talking was the reason for the horrible ROBOCOP vision, so yeah.

I can promise you this, the devs of this game won't even read this thread :)

ShadyMotley
11-30-2012, 06:11 PM
great logic if you find something too be to powerful then dont use it.

What if I just run around naked in the game not killing anyone how's that for a challenge?

If the game gives the player tools to beat an objective, it's the games fault if the tools ar too powerful.

The game is easy regardless of what weapons you use.

The "is this your first FPS" was an observation I made. I can't fathom how anyone would find this game to be "hard". Unless they haven't played difficult games in the past. You know what i'm saying?

Takedown is part of the game, why should I stop using it because the game makes it OP?

The majority you're talking was the reason for the horrible ROBOCOP vision, so yeah.

I can promise you this, the devs of this game won't even read this thread :)
Read what I first wrote mate, not once did I say it was hard, that word was never used, I said "it does not stay easy", so alot of what you are saying is conjecture, not observation.
So my logic is faulty? Cool, how dare I suggest a solution to something you brought up, yep you said it was too easy, exact words, so why wouldn't you want to try making it harder for yourself so you have more of a challenge? I don't use fast travel or sniper rifles, why? Because they make it too easy FOR ME, so I make my own rules, obviously a lack of iniative is your own fault not the games.

And so what if the devs don't read this? It's like saying don't vote because just one doesn't matter, so let's all stop voting because we're just one person each right? I am finished talking to you now, you are spinning webs of nonsense I can't be bothered picking apart.

musicback
11-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Read what I first wrote mate, not once did I say it was hard, that word was never used, I said "it does not stay easy", so alot of what you are saying is conjecture, not observation.
So my logic is faulty? Cool, how dare I suggest a solution to something you brought up, yep you said it was too easy, exact words, so why wouldn't you want to try making it harder for yourself so you have more of a challenge? I don't use fast travel or sniper rifles, why? Because they make it too easy FOR ME, so I make my own rules, obviously a lack of iniative is your own fault not the games.

And so what if the devs don't read this? It's like saying don't vote because just one doesn't matter, so let's all stop voting because we're just one person each right? I am finished talking to you now, you are spinning webs of nonsense I can't be bothered picking apart.

It's my own fault for using weapons or skills that are overpowered? :D

Yeah you're right about one thing though, we are done, that's for sure.

omen_of_war
12-05-2012, 01:26 AM
cool dude you are not helping. you dont need to use the specific save points if you want to. you walk to the hut of your choosing and save there like the little whine (insert non offensive word here) that you acting gtfo. personally id like to start from a specific part of the story again rather than having to sit through the entire opening sequence, which is good just to long, and to skip the 1st tower.

christiandorau
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm really not a big fan of checkpoints in general, but after playing 70+ hours and completing the solo campaign with 100%, I'd say in FC3 this feature is quite well implemented, BUT - as many other things - simply lousy documented. The most important things to remember are:

1) Use F9 for quick save as often as possible!
2) Remember that this only saves your inventory, i.e., loading this save will place you at the nearest radio tower or fast travel point, but with full inventory. At least I never lost anything during my game.
3) As far as possible, do all your equipping, character development etc. outside any missions, and save the game immediately before starting a mission, so you don't have to repeat anything of this, should the mission fail.

Admitted, they DEFINTELY should have explained somewhere in more detail how the save system works and they DEFINITELY should have provided more than one save game slot (WTF??!!), but I had way worse checkpoint/no manual saves experiences than FC3 in the past.

v00d00m4n
09-01-2018, 03:25 PM
After so many years it seems ubi never listened and ruined every of their game since than with same bad checkpoint system. Can you remember any of recent Ubi games, where manual save even exist?

IF new splinter cell game would not have manual saves and will follow checkpoint path of conviction and black list that limits gameplay because NOBODY FREAKING WANT TO LOOSE 30 MINUTES OF PERFECT RUN BECAUSE OF ONE LITTLE MISTAKE AND START OVER DOING SAME THING AGAIN, I'm not going to buy it... i don't buy recent game anymore anyway, BGE and Splinter CELL and RAYMAN are going to be only exclusions and only if the will not be yet another typical ASSASSIN CONVICTION WATCH GHOST CRY game from ubi that plays the same and based around stupid grind and generic fetch tasks everyone already tired off.