PDA

View Full Version : Another bad performance thread, however...

Darkphizer
11-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Ok, my situation. The game ran perfectly fine yesterday fine after installing it for the very first time on my vertex 3 SSD. I ran out of room on that ssd so i decided to reinstall on a normal 7200rpm hard drive. I launched the game and it gave me 20fps instead of the constant 60fps i was getting on the ssd before i did the reinstall...So I did the test, reinstalled back to the SSD and everything was fine again, playing on ultra and getting constant 60fps vsync on everything on Ultra. That was yesterday...

Today however, I got up in a very good mood, to get ready for a day of Far Cry 3. When launching the game, I instanly saw the loading screens giving me 12fps instead of the 180fps loading screens i was getting yesterday. I already knew something was up. When I reloaded my save and got into the world my EVGA precision gave me the reading of 20-35fps...

Before you guys start saying 'ur pc is not 1337 enough' and stuff, i give you my specs.

I7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz
16Gb Vengeance 1600Mhz
Asus GTX680 SLI (sli disabled for FC3)
Windows 7 64bit Enterprise

So i think my pc has more then enough power to run this game on ultra, wich it did for some strange reason, just not anymore...
I don't get it, do they not make shure the game works when they decide to burn 30million copies onto discs????
The strange thing is that it ran fine yesterday....Silly me even thought the SSD had something to do with it, wich it doens't.
So I don't know what is up with this game, but this has to be the wordt PC launch of the year, and yes i buy every major title (even the smallerones) and folluw up on all the issues that the games have. I've been working In the gaming industry for a little over 2 years now.

I made this topic for the sole purpose of letting other people know how my experience was with this game so far, any help on the issue regarding fps would be welcome. This forum is a madhouse right now.

Darkphizer
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Anybody? ...

bowhunter001
11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I woke up today with an inexplicable performance loss as well, but not as severe as your own. I left the PC on at night, and didn't change the system at all since then, so it really is baffling. I had to lower PostFX to medium to get a constant 60 fps again.

*shrug*

XspeeddemonsX
11-30-2012, 02:50 PM
has the v-sync turned on by any chance?

Darkphizer
11-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I woke up today with an inexplicable performance loss as well, but not as severe as your own. I left the PC on at night, and didn't change the system at all since then, so it really is baffling. I had to lower PostFX to medium to get a constant 60 fps again.

*shrug*

Yeah it is really strange how this just happens overnight :s I didn't do anything to my machine. But I refuse to lower my settings, i didn't pay for a 2000 euro PC that could run this so I could buy this game and expect to play it on ultra, while irl i have to set the graphics to low in order for it to be somewhat playable :s Thanks for the reply though, happy to see someone that has sort of the same issue as me. i hope they fix this, I have tried every possible fix on this forum. None work. And i just know the gams worked fine 13 hours ago :p

Darkphizer
11-30-2012, 02:56 PM
has the v-sync turned on by any chance?

Vsync was enabled during the initial install and the game worked fine. I tried turning it off but I got some massive tearing, so i turned it back on. I'll try to turn it of again and see if that fixes anything. Then again, I stick to my statement, the game was working perfectly :s

Jigsaw_Puzzle
11-30-2012, 03:14 PM
This game has issues with Vsync and AA for me.
Turn that off
Yeah I know it sucks

Darkphizer
11-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Turning off Vsync and AA solved it, it's playable again, i could even leave Vsync enabled. Only AA is turned off. Temp sollution I hope.

Darkphizer
12-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Well the sollution I had for my problem was to no avail. Today I boot up the game and it's even worse, with the settings untouched, i now get 30fps again.... Is this going to continue untill i eventually have to set everything on Low? Whilst my coomputer should be capable of maxing this game out on 150fps without Vsync and a constant 60fps with Vsync enabled....

PLEASE PEOPLE AT UBISOFT! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

bowhunter001
12-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Well the sollution I had for my problem was to no avail. Today I boot up the game and it's even worse, with the settings untouched, i now get 30fps again.... Is this going to continue untill i eventually have to set everything on Low? Whilst my coomputer should be capable of maxing this game out on 150fps without Vsync and a constant 60fps with Vsync enabled....

PLEASE PEOPLE AT UBISOFT! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

Read this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/732048-Mystery-for-inexplicable-framerate-loss-with-same-settings-solved)thread and see if it applies to you.

Darkphizer
12-03-2012, 01:33 AM
I normally don't do this, but im bumping this thread. i really want the devs to at least take a look at this. Because I've read somewhere that they are gaonna fix bugs within the game, well that would be fine by me, if they could at least make shure i got into the game in the first place. So BUUUUMPP.

shader_hacker
12-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Even though you have a 680, it doesn't mean you will max out your refresh rate of the montior in the game's highest settings. It's one of the most demanding next-gen games to come out. Still, I feel your pain.

Darkphizer
12-03-2012, 04:43 AM
As already mentioned by me here before....The game was working perfectly fine on The highest settings possible for a single day, with plenty of quits and relaunches. So I'm pretty shure all the settings were loaded correctly. I was getting close too 170 fps vsync off and a steady 60 fps vsync on.

Then I went to bed, got up, turned the computer on, and got 20fps :) same settings, same computer, same drivers, nothing was changed overnight.
A friends of mine has an I7 2600K and 1 GTX580 and he maxes this game out without any issues. So your theory about this game being too demanding for a single 680 is; and i'm not saying this to be rude, but it's just plain stupid :) Cuz the game ran fine for a whole entire day :) People who have a 680 shouldn't by any means struggle to get a decent framerate on MAX settings.

And a small update, I had to scale this game down to Medium settings already because the issue got worse :) So it's defenitely the game and not my computer. Because having a GTX680 and having to play this game on medium is just plain ********. And to get things straight, i have tried with SLI enabled, and updated to the latest drivers from nvidia saying that it increases performance by 38%...but that doesn't do anything either. Turning SLi off doesn't help either.
All my other games work just fine :)
So I really don't get it :) I'm going to keep this thread alive untill I get some answers.

MrCane89
12-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Make sure you are running in full-screen mode. I had terrible issues in Directx 11 only in borderless and windowed.

Since then I just went to Dx9 because it runs perfectly fine borderless or not..

Have you updated your driver to the very latest beta drivers? the ones released on the 28th apparently give a 30%+ perf boost in far cry 3 with a 680..

I've got 2 GTX 570's in SLI, the latest drivers actually hindered my performance in SLI mode only in Dx11 though which is weird, Dx9 seems to work fine though.

Darkphizer
12-03-2012, 04:21 PM
clearly didn't read my last posts, in wich I say that I've tried that "new 38% performance increase" driver, wich doesn't change anything. All I can keep saying is, the problem persists, whatever i do; Tried reinstalling the game, didn't work, tried it again right after and got 60fps MAX settings again :p then when i relaunched my game, it screwed up again :p So It's a game. But I've given up on this game. I'll finish it someday, but for now all i can say is F*ck It!

However, I still want a fix for my problem, but for me the hype surrounding this game is over. Another 70 euros wasted.... And still no comment from a Ubisoft Rep or somebody that can comfort us and tell us they are working on a fix for this....All they worry about is MP :/ Something that will die in 2 months anyway.