PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts for AC3 and maybe some help..!

misusel
11-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Hello my fellow Assassins, i hope u r all ok and healthy! i would like to share some thoughts with u and maybe to use your help to explaine some things...here we go :
i played the game i finished it i got all the extra for PS and PLAY.COM and i have to say i am very dissapointed...dont get me wrong every year i am waiting all year for November to come for this game, but with this one i was very dissapointed. all the things that made AC2 the big difference and change from AC1 were missing with nothing to be in their place...no tomb missions, no glyphs, no riddles at all, no races, the couriers and the assassination contracts were to poor with no limits or difficulties, the side quests also poor and the rewards..no rewards...no ugrade in weapons or armors...u can finish the game with your first tomahawk, u need a large amount of money to upgrade your ship for battles that isnt exactly so assassins style..! the main story also poor with Connor excellent fighter but unconviecing as a hero or a protagonist with its struggles...i couldnt understand his reaction when he found out that Whashington destroyed his village...i liked the fact that u started the game with his father and the twist that he was a templar but i didnt understand how they knew each other father and son or how Haytham had the assassins hidden blade...i liked the battle very much even if the camera in some points was blocked from a tree or a wall. i didnt find a meaning in crafting cos u were unable to use anything exept the weapons that as i said earlier werent so power like those u started the game...and the finale...for Connor i find unacceptable his last battle with the last boss to be a chase of a few seconds and for Desmond...what can i say...i finished the game and i was waiting that i will see something more something to explain...if anyone knows or saw something that i didnt please help me to understand cos i am afraid all alone i cant, i found most of the things i should do meaningless for such a game and i have inside me the feeling that the absense of Patrice Desilets was very noticable in ACR and now more tha ever...
Thanx in advance..!

ace3001
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
AC3 MAJOR SEQUENCE 3 AND ABOVE SPOILERS in above post

Baked_Cookies
11-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Sounds like youre just a typical debbie downer. There was some oddities in the game but still a great game.

UncappedWheel82
11-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Lots of people had issues with AC3, and thus were disappointed in their exeriences. Really all that I can say to you is that AC3 is an all new game with different focuses that its predessesor, rather than the AC2 upgrade that weve become accustomed to. Armor upgrades and the like that were "missing" from AC3, weren't there because they weren't a focus here in this game/story and setting. Yeah it would have been cool and would have been welcome, but I wouldn't say those features defined any of the AC experience. As a Creed game, AC3 does an exceptional job and creating a believable setting with characters that are impactful, and once you come around to fact that this isn't AC2, then I think you can apreciate what we did get, rather than what we didn't (that's just how I feel).

As for the story, if you asked me, I think you missed or glossed over a lot of details. Connor is a very subte but strong character, and the story told through him is very different from the ones we've seen before. To really understand it you must know the setting, and understand the other characters and their motivations. The thing about that is though, that the majority of the setting comes from reading the database entries as well as hearing the ambient conversations in the world. I missed/glossed over a bunch of details that help round out the experience for me my first time through. I may not be the norm, but I'm going through again for a second play through and now since I've read and understand a lot more of the side characters and their roles in the setting, as well as paying attention to the world more, Everything seems to fall into place a little better. I learned in AC3 that waiting for the cut-scenes to bridge the story together isn't the way to go as they only tell a portion of it.

montagemik
11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
You could equally argue AC-2 was a drastic or huge change to AC-1 . But that's what often happens to sequels - they change / differ & move on
Think the main problem was AC-2 / AC-B & AC-R Hadn't changed enough between games - So the step to AC-3 seems more drastic to many players..

GTA 3 = GTA IV springs to mind - same basic concept handled with all new physics & mission structure - took more than a little getting used to.

UncappedWheel82
11-30-2012, 05:55 PM
You could equally argue AC-2 was a drastic or huge change to AC-1 . But that's what often happens to sequels - they change / differ & move on
Think the main problem was AC-2 / AC-B & AC-R Hadn't changed enough between games - So the step to AC-3 seems more drastic to many players..

GTA 3 = GTA IV springs to mind - same basic concept handled with all new physics & mission structure - took more than a little getting used to.

Good comparison. GTA4 is heralded as this awesome experience but honestly I didn't think it was fun. Though it add a bunch, it also left out a lot that was in GTA3. Same thing here in AC3, though I think AC3 is very fun.

misusel
11-30-2012, 08:48 PM
ok guys thanx for your answers.i really dont know what a debby downer means:)i respect your opinions and i believe u that u are having fun but i dont.all the missions that had a point are gone.i cant say that putting some pigs in a field its fun and it can replace the tomb missions of the riddles..anyway its just my opinion no big deal.by the way i had no problem with the new controls:)

misusel
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM
*the tomb missions OR the riddles...:)