PDA

View Full Version : Calm down, everything is going to be fine.

Askolddragon
11-30-2012, 12:35 PM
There are so many angry threads generating every hour or two, so I've decided to add something positive here:

You know, the BEST ANSWER to any issue - is solving the issue. I think it's a professional touch. Don't waste your breath, do your job. No politicians here. Although they are professional liars, so it's still kinda true even for them..

Ubisoft DID say that they are working on the problem. And they said that there is a problem with PC versions. And I'm sure their crews are working hard.

No playing multiplayer or Co-Op for us for some time. That's ok, no need to get jumpy. Just carry on with your usual stuff, you know. Try living, they say it's cool. And come back later when everything is done and all bug-catching is finished.

Did you ever try programming? If you did, you might know how unpredictable any program is, sometimes no matter how much you test it "in the lab", when you get out "on the field" and run it for real, then it's completely different experience. Just like any military or scientific project.

Be patient, carry on with your life. Read a book, hug your wife/girlfriend or go for a walk with your dog, or do whatever.
Stop spreading negativity and stop whining like children, be serious men for a change.

The game will stabilize soon, I know it's frustrating that any of that happened. But what do you choose to do in this kind of situation? Do you choose to be angry and all touchy-feely or are you going to let the things run their course and just come back later when all issues were finaly addressed to?
Not to mention that you can actually keep playing single-player game.. So, why don't you do that?

Your choice, my friends

================================================== ==
Placed some tips here:

UPD: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/731289-FarCry-3-PC-Online-Issue

UPD: Playing single-player Far Cry 3 in offline mode:
Start UPlay, press Settings (a gear in the right top corner), tick "Always start UPlay in offline mode"
And yes, it's always there. Look closer
Restart UPlay
Enjoy

UPD: Here's what you do if you have a Steam verion, but don't want UPlay and Steam running simultaneously:
Create the farcry3.exe shortcut (the "farcry3.exe is in "Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3\bin" folder). Right Click -> Properties ->
Locate the "Target" line and add this line:

-uplay_steam_mode

after the last quotation mark. Press Ok and launch the game from the shortcut from now on

Pixel_Pile
11-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Deleting the DRM software hardly requires any programming.
Many people can't play because of that DRM.
And they promised in september that they would remove the "allways on" DRM in future games.
Promisses promisses...

MrREALilos
11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Another "Captain Obvious to the resque" thread. no offense to the OP. Meanwhile the pirated version has 100% functionality and 0 DRM problems. I feel sad cause this is a great game.

bowhunter001
11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Deleting the DRM software hardly requires any programming.
Many people can't play because of that DRM.
And they promised in september that they would remove the "allways on" DRM in future games.
Promisses promisses...

Check the stickies. You can now play SP in offline mode.

deathknight0897
11-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I would like to stop living in the dark and have a nicely worded official statement that wasn't hours ago about how its going and when we can expect to see normal service resumed and why i understand ur calm perspective people do have a right to be angry they have just forked out however much money in hope to play a game that is broken and this isn't a coding issue this is a network issue which should have been catered for BACKUP SERVERS very strange an alien concept to ubisoft.

However i do understand ur point but i also understand every body impatience and anger at a company that stated we aren't doing drm any more yes i can see that Not

Urbancom
11-30-2012, 12:42 PM
"Of course, we aren’t trying to kill the PC community,” Johansson added to the rapidly ballooning thread. “We’ve simply decided on a different way of handling multiplayer. We weighed the different options against each other to see what worked best, and what we came up with worked very well even without dedicated servers.”

I knew he was being ironic!

deathknight0897
11-30-2012, 12:43 PM
correct unless u need to collect ur additional content first like me :C

Radiance90
11-30-2012, 12:50 PM
where i can activate this "offline mode", i can't find it. and it's vital because without a connection there is some problems appeared in the single game.

Askolddragon
11-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Start UPlay, press Settings (a gear in the right top corner), tick "Always start UPlay in offline mode"

And yes, it's always there. Look closer

Restart UPlay

Enjoy

Jake2105
11-30-2012, 01:05 PM
So i went to the store at the release date with half the amount of the price for this game. I said to the store owner thats all i have at the moment.
Can i pay the other half later when i have it ? He answered No. Then i called Ubi support line with the same question and they said i could forget it.

After i resold some old games i finally got the whole amount for the game and bought it. it was the only way.

And now with FC3 service being down, MP being a mess and numerous other bugs i indeed should not care about the way i get treated
by Ubisoft ?

I mean i gave them the money, why should i be mad!

Your are absolutely right OldDragon i have no reason to complain.Let me go read a book after i got screwed over by Ubi.

Thx for your guidance

<3

Askolddragon
11-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Happy to oblidge =)

But seriously, as I have mentioned before I understand your frustration. I bought the game too, you know. Deluxe edition.
All I'm saying - go carry on with your life for one day, make it a good day to live, and get back when everything is regulated. And it WILL be regulated. I bet their technicians are working hard on it. Or else they are risking being fired =) But anyway, don't spoil your day over a freaking game.

If just taking it easy is not an option for you, go and play SP.

Any game that need online-connection is bugged at launch these days. Diablo III, Battlefield 3 - you name it. I guess it has something to do with "3" number

SmoothestAss
11-30-2012, 01:21 PM
I agree with OP. Sitting here and complaining about the problems isn't going to make them work any faster.

I just bought the game today and i wasn't able to connect to the server. However, when i enter the game just now, i was actually able to connect, which means they are at least putting in some effort to fix the problems.

And for those complaining about giving money to them? You spent hundreds of dollars building up a computer and now you complain about a mere $50+ bucks? Get over it, every game isn't perfect. Why not spend your time playing other games instead of whining about a game which you guys can't even develop?

SmoothestAss
11-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Happy to oblidge =)

But seriously, as I have mentioned before I understand your frustration. I bought the game too, you know. Deluxe edition.
All I'm saying - go carry on with your life for one day, make it a good day to live, and get back when everything is regulated. And it WILL be regulated. I bet their technicians are working hard on it. Or else they are risking being fired =) But anyway, don't spoil your day over a freaking game.

If just taking it easy is not an option for you, go and play SP.

Any game that need online-connection is bugged at launch these days. Diablo III, Battlefield 3 - you name it. I guess it has something to do with "3" number

LOL, now i understand why Valve doesn't make a third game.

TonyUtreg
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
BS thread. yes we know it is going be fixed but lots of us pre-ordered and were looking forward to this. I don't think it's strange those people are dissapointed. I payed 60 euro's for this game and skipped college today to play it. These problems are just not acceptable. Like Jake2105 says, if you go to the store and say: I got about 30 euros now, I'll get you the rest next week, that also is not acceptable. Games should work once they are released. I saw someone post, yeah you can play in offline mode. Yes indeed you can, but you should also take note that the save game most of us started yesterday and already put multiple hours in (in online mode) is not accessible in offline mode. When you do stay in online mode and load up your save game the Crafting and Skill section is inaccessible. So in short: Offline mode is no fix for me. Game should be fixed ASAP.

Edit: @LoLzer95, And for those complaining about giving money to them? You spent hundreds of dollars building up a computer and now you complain about a mere $50+ bucks? Get over it, every game isn't perfect. Why not spend your time playing other games instead of whining about a game which you guys can't even develop?

Serious? That's like saying you shouldn't whine when you buy a scratched blu-ray disc because you have a 2000$ TV.

Askolddragon
11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Update!

I just logged in. So the game IS being fixed as expected. Try and see for yourself

TonyUtreg
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Also just logged in, works now.

SmoothestAss
11-30-2012, 02:03 PM
BS thread. yes we know it is going be fixed but lots of us pre-ordered and were looking forward to this. I don't think it's strange those people are dissapointed. I payed 60 euro's for this game and skipped college today to play it. These problems are just not acceptable. Like Jake2105 says, if you go to the store and say: I got about 30 euros now, I'll get you the rest next week, that also is not acceptable. Games should work once they are released. I saw someone post, yeah you can play in offline mode. Yes indeed you can, but you should also take note that the save game most of us started yesterday and already put multiple hours in (in online mode) is not accessible in offline mode. When you do stay in online mode and load up your save game the Crafting and Skill section is inaccessible. So in short: Offline mode is no fix for me. Game should be fixed ASAP.

Edit: @LoLzer95, And for those complaining about giving money to them? You spent hundreds of dollars building up a computer and now you complain about a mere $50+ bucks? Get over it, every game isn't perfect. Why not spend your time playing other games instead of whining about a game which you guys can't even develop?

Serious? That's like saying you shouldn't whine when you buy a scratched blu-ray disc because you have a 2000$ TV.

You do realize that a bugged game is completely different from a scratched blu-ray disc right? While a bugged game can be fixed and takes time to fix, a scratched disc is pretty much a goner unless you have the skills. And to add to the $2000 TV, why not just watch other movies on it. Don't tell me that you are going to abandon the TV just because you can't watch a single movie?

carl70
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
how can people Calm down when they built there hopes for this game and it has so many problems and they paid a lot of money if you got the insane pack for 50 uk pounds and it did not work ??? 50 pounds is a lot of money to pay for a pc game

IamPetard
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
The game works great for me, I'm not sure whats with everyones problems, I haven't encountered a single problem and I played several hours already. I got an Intel/AMD system and I play FarCry 3 in offline mode cause my internet is crappy but I really had no problems whatsoever

Askolddragon
12-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Well, here we go, everything works just fine.

I'm sure a day of waiting wasn't a catastrophe now, was it?