PDA

View Full Version : Crashing in PC Map Editor

DanDaMan200
11-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi,

I'm having frequent crashes in the map editor - they seem to be completely random as to when they actually occur. Sometimes I'm able to use the program for 20 minutes, sometimes it won't last for even a few minutes.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue, and is there a way to fix it or find out what is going wrong?

VeyronSky
11-30-2012, 04:16 PM
same here :( , anyone know a solution?

Luthman2
11-30-2012, 08:32 PM
I got the exact same problem.. I've tried a couple of things but no luck yet.. Any information on this would be very much appreciated since I pretty much bought this game for the map editor :)

PizzaKrydder
12-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I am having the EXACT same problem.. And this is very annoying since i can't find any solutions to it.. :(

FireKiller88
12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
It happens to me when I:
- add people/waterfalls
- move a camera a lot
- move objects a lot
etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. ,etc., et., e.,eec., uff JEEZ

DanDaMan200
12-02-2012, 01:24 AM
It happens to me when I:
- add people/waterfalls
- move a camera a lot
- move objects a lot
etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. ,etc., et., e.,eec., uff JEEZ

Thats odd, for me it seems to be completely random. Does it crash if you leave it idle for a while? I've left it running a couple of times to come back and see that it has crashed - absolutely no user input at all.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, it is very de-motivating to have to rebuild sections of your map because you've lost it all from a random, unpredictable crash. And lets face it - we all forget to save our work occasionally.

PizzaKrydder
12-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Thats odd, for me it seems to be completely random. Does it crash if you leave it idle for a while? I've left it running a couple of times to come back and see that it has crashed - absolutely no user input at all.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, it is very de-motivating to have to rebuild sections of your map because you've lost it all from a random, unpredictable crash. And lets face it - we all forget to save our work occasionally.

Yeah, I have those random crashes too.. Im starting to get used to it, which is kinda scary, and now i just save after every item i place.. :P I really hope they fix this fast.

pederlk
12-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Mine is also crashing, plz Ubisoft fix it

pederlk
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
New patch today, but no fix for the editor crash problem :(

DanDaMan200
12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Well at least the editor did get SOME attention - just not what we were hoping for.

Map Editor:
- Fix for the Map Editor crash at launch when the PC user contains language-specific characters.

This is at least a sign that the map editor will see further improvements to stability - hopefully. :)

pederlk
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Well at least the editor did get SOME attention - just not what we were hoping for.

This is at least a sign that the map editor will see further improvements to stability - hopefully. :)

Yeah hopefully it's fixed in the next patch :cool:

pederlk
12-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Ubisoft plz fix it, getting tired of the editor crashing all the time

pederlk
12-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Well their support sucks, wrote to them friday last week, they haven't answered me yet

surfking61
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Ya here to. Mine crashes about every 5 mins so I just have to keep saving. But if I test it out it does not crash at all. Weird? They need to fix it. NOW!

Elsparky
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Same problem here. Every five minutes or so I can expect a crash. I would really like this fixed as the editor is also the only way we can experience any single-player AI maps.

pederlk
12-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Had hoped that they fixed it in the latest 1.03 patch, but they obvious didn't, cause the editor is still crashing here :(

Plz Ubisoft fix it, plus a resize slider button for the water layers would be nice

caliebre
12-19-2012, 02:31 AM
same here
mine crashes when adding OBJECTS...

Major_Smash
12-29-2012, 10:21 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/736296-PC-Map-editor-quot-XAudio2_7-dll_unloaded-quot-crash-fix?highlight=editor+crash