PDA

View Full Version : "FarCry3 service is not available. Please try again later."

tetrislol
11-30-2012, 07:53 AM
I bought the game yesterday, and there it worked with 0 problems. Now, when I enter the game it says "FarCry3 server is not available. Please try again later". If I try to play anyway, everything messes up completely, and the game is completely unplayable. Server maintenance was supposedly complete 40 minutes ago, so what's the problem?
Btw I live in EU.

lustrel
11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
我在台灣也是跟你一樣~

Lieberdk
11-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Lustrel: Whatever that means.....
I think i got the same problem, like this right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQo9khst_JQ

Its so **** annoying, cant believe they are as stupid as blizzard, releasing a game and not prepeared for high traffic.

tetrislol
11-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah, it's that problem.
In the comment section in that video is a comment that says: "In Uplay click the little cog icon and set uplay to start in offline mode. restart uplay then launch far cry 3. should fix the problem."
This worked for me.

DanHagmanScot
11-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, it's that problem.
In the comment section in that video is a comment that says: "In Uplay click the little cog icon and set uplay to start in offline mode. restart uplay then launch far cry 3. should fix the problem."
This worked for me.

will give it a try, m8... but anyway it's simply annoyin'

artreyuartaz
11-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I agree, totally irritated by this! Everything seems messed up even after starting in offline mode! PS Live in New Zealand!

DanHagmanScot
11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I agree, totally irritated by this! Everything seems messed up even after starting in offline mode! PS Live in New Zealand!

reckon we'll hae tae wait until the server is back... dinnae see any reason tae run it in offline-mode either

blitzkrieg93
11-30-2012, 10:51 AM

Yeah New Zealand.
Have you noticed that most of the Rakyats sound like New Zealanders lol?
also you cant map edit unless you're online but the campaign is EPIC so I'll keep playing that offline

jer1012
11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Hey wait this is for consoles or for PC, and are you trying to play online or? I dont want to have this problem, i pre-ordered the game and am now waiting for its arrival, i dont want to have this bogus problem, and will you have to make a Uplay account if you want to play singleplayer or multiplayer, i have an xbox so cant i just log in with my profile:P

IIFatalshockII
11-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Traffic eh? Wonderful to see such a cult following so early into it's release :)

jer1012
11-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Lol um ''tetrislol'', sorry but i got abit worried for nothing, you posted this comment in the Console section of the forum, i suggest you go to this link and type your question/problem in a new thread there :)
Link: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/433-Far-Cry-3-PC-Discussion

blitzkrieg93
11-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey wait this is for consoles or for PC, and are you trying to play online or? I dont want to have this problem, i pre-ordered the game and am now waiting for its arrival, i dont want to have this bogus problem, and will you have to make a Uplay account if you want to play singleplayer or multiplayer, i have an xbox so cant i just log in with my profile:P

No need to worry,
This problem only happens because the far cry 3 servers went down, if you go offline then it works fine because it doesn't try to connect tot the servers...coz you're offline lol.
also the servers will be back up by the time it comes out for the rest of the world so there shouldn't be any problems.

JohnB804
11-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah New Zealand.
also you cant map edit unless you're online but the campaign is EPIC so I'll keep playing that offline

You're absolutely right. Some very heavy Māori accents among the Rakyat tribe, and also Māori style moko (tattoo) is used.

Dibbet71
11-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah, it's that problem.
This worked for me.

Doesnt work I still get the same issue where the service is unavailable, then if you pause the game ie press start on the joypad then try and go back to the game you end up looking at the stars and the game locks up. So I have to alt-f4 to get out.

Szocik87
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I have same problem.. why uplay do not send any information about this? we have a nice interface in uplay window very good for any news.

SuspiciousPixel
11-30-2012, 12:09 PM
having same problem.

Genetic_Inferno
11-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I made Uplay start in offline mode before launching the game and it worked. No notifications in regards to the downed servers and alas, I was able to play without it crashing after pausing.

Mr_Shade
11-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Guys, there is a thread about this in the support forum :

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/731297-FarCry-3-PC-Online-Issue

The team are aware of the issue and are working hard to correct it - in the mean time - offline mode will allow you to play the single player game while the outage is happening.

Sorry once again.

bucky1986
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Hows about just adding a "play offile" option to the games launch drop down bar, atm you've got play and launch in safe mode, you should add play offline to that so that people can do it without having to restart their Uplay all the time. Also a SP game should not rely on an MP service to run......just sayin

XspeeddemonsX
11-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah New Zealand.
i'm from NZ :P
We don't all sound like that lol...not to be racist but it sounds like a typical maori.
And they would talk like that cause far cry is set in the pacific islands. XD

NaZulieo
11-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah New Zealand.

The language that they use is "Malay". I don't know, i might be wrong but i know it sounds like it because i speak it lol.
Pretty funny too see the subs to be written wrong lol