PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Options for an immersive survivor-game! Please support if you agree

Askolddragon
11-30-2012, 06:57 AM
I'd like to begin with thanking the developers for making such an awesome game.

This game is a masterpiece. It's visually appealing and tells us an interesting story.
Awesome detailed surroundings, great attention to detail in general and sounds! I should specifically thank you for gunfire sounds! We finally got some authentic sounds ladies and gentleman! You really feel like LIVING and being carried away in Far Cry 3.

Now, speaking about that kind of immersion and sense of LIVING in Far Cry 3...
Here are some things that really stand out and get in the way of immersion:

[I added more ideas in the list from the discussion. Also made the post smaller, as people obviously don't like to read :P ]

1) Higher difficulty.
(I play on "Warrior" difficulty from the start BTW) Feeling of being highly superior to your foes by default ("just because you are so special") diminishes the feeling of danger. You just smile at feeble attempts to kill you, feeling no respect for your enemy's skills. Yeah, sometimes you get unlucky and you get swarmed but that doesn't count, since it just proves the point - enemies can only overcome you in numbers.
And please Ubisoft don't just (IF you are going to do something about it) "increase the difficulty" by just giving more HP to enemies. This is just plain stupid, it's unrealistic and it doesn't increase difficulty, and making 5 headshots just to kill somebody simply wastes your time.

I understand that this will require a lot of work with AI and doing a LOT of balancing.. So, I'm not holding my breath here that you will actually come around doing that

2) Huge "mini" map and having a mini-map in the first place.
Well, it's huge on my HD monitor and it's offset from the edges of it, so it wastes some visual space therefore being a distraction. But here's the biggest problem: it's so arcade! Come on, I feel like I'm playing some run-point-and-shoot game for kids. Like GTA.. Yeah, it totally looks like a GTA mini-map and I just feel it's out of place.

3) Highlighted animals and herbs.
Now, that's just.... No freaking auto-detection with my super-vision! I want to be able to tell a "yellow leaf" herb from an "amber leaf" herb just by looking at it and seeking it among the vegetation. Don't you agree this would be fun and really giving a sense of immersion and great satisfaction of feeling like a pro?

4) X-ray Wall-Hack
Now that's just plain cheating in my opininon. Assess the situation and get down to business keeping in mind all you've seen. No freaking super-vision!

5) Overcrowding with animals and pirates
The island is just booming with thriving fauna, you can't walk a mile without stumbling on hordes of animals. It kind of takes away the joy and anticipation of hunting. You can't walk a minute on a road without meeting a pirate mechanized patrol and when you kill them off, some more drive by. And then even more.
Someone may argue that the upside is that you always see some action going on. So, making this an optional setting can be an answer too.

6) The aiming pointers of the Red Dot Sight, Reflex Sight and Optical Sight are way too bright and thick

7) Firing out of a vehicle with your gun, you can do that on a zipline, why not from a car?

8) Free guns from opening towers.
This is ruining gameplay. I think we need more guns as well, maybe we will have to order some rare weapons for gazillion dollars. Accessories should be more expensive as well. I'm playing for the first couple hours now and I already have a silencer which gives a huge advantage.

9) We don't need no stinking objective markers or highlighted points.

10) Crafting is way to easy
And hunting too, because there are SO many animals roaming all over the place. Overcrowding

Thank you for taking your time to read this. Please post your thoughts and I'll add them to the list. Maybe we can bring this to attention of Ubisoft if we get enough of support... If they care a single bit that is. We are yet to see any evidence to that

Enjoy your game and have a great day ;)

Oceaniana
11-30-2012, 07:03 AM
I think the difficulty settings need a extra notch, HardCore mod, above the hard setting. I chose the hardest setting, sort of expecting to be owned, like what would happen in some games. But it didn't happen, and am glad i chose it, and no im no gun at the games, just average

So much to read i got lost after a while

Askolddragon
11-30-2012, 07:09 AM
And another thing:

The aiming pointers of the Red Dot Sight, Reflex Sight and Optical Sight are way too bright and wide . I think they shouldn't be that huge

Askolddragon
12-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I really wanna know what you guys think. Maybe this is a wrong thread to post this.
Or is it too long to read? xD I highlighted the main points so you can read them as small separate texts

frigginTag
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
What I don't understand is that I don't seem to be able to fire guns from my car, or shoot from behind cover, and with all these pirates driving around I have to step out of the car in order to take them out. It's so silly. What the hell is that all about? I've just started so maybe I do something wrong?!

I also think there should be no mini-map, highlighted herbs or free guns in shops. I've played less than an hour and my wallet is already full and nothing to buy with it. Good spots for hunting, gathering could of course be marked on the actual map, but not with pin point accuracy.

And please can we holster that gun!

S.T.A.R.A.C.
12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Game is to easy. That's a fact.

Especially if we consider that this is game about surviving, learning, etc.

FREERANGEKILLR
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
SINGLEPLAYER
Hi there Ubi ! First of all I want to congratulate you with the release of far cry 3 ! - The game had exceeded all my expectations !
Im very happy to see you guys responding and communicating with the community !
I felt the following 2 things could use some attention:

The hud, while i fully understand why the hud is there and what role it plays in farcry 3 i do think that some ways to modify it will be very very much appreciated by many fans looking at the different threads (with some having the highest post and views) !
The world you created just begs to be experienced fully immersed with minimal hud !
Also I choose the highest difficulty expecting it would translate to less help ingame, keeping count of bullets myself, no highlighting so i would have to keep track of where dead bodies, animal cadavers or plants are ect ect
The following options are just a example but here they are :
Mini-map [ON] [OFF]
Hit Indicators [ON] [OFF] - (the enemy detection arrows)
Objective Markers [ON] [OFF]
Object Highlight [ON] [OFF] - (e.g. the glowing/flashing dead animals)
Hint Pop-ups [ON] [OFF]
XP Pop-ups [ON] [OFF]
Enemy Tagging [FULL] [MINIMAL] - ('Full' would be as it currently is, i.e. wallhack + orange skull icons, 'Minimal' would just be red dots on the map/mini-map).

Also, Outpost.
you could make the pirates take over certain outposts (outposts just become hostile again and there is a notification that an outpost has been taken over. no need for any other fancy ideas.) and never more than , say, 5 outposts re-taken by pirates at a time, max. this way you always get more action and you dont get the entire map repopulated by pirates.
Im not far into the game at all so i assume that making pirates return doesnt fit with the story.... but i feel it doesnt fit with the gameplay either.

I think this just shows how much people love the game and want to keep playing it, I mean - after a while when you chose your skills and bought and customized the weapons, you want to experiment in the world, the outposts are perfect for this.
(I personally wouldnt mind a sort of reset button to reset all outpost next to the suggested option which I think is a sublte but very effective one)

These 2 adjustments would make farcry 3 one of the best games ive played in a long long time and im not hesitating to spread this news to my peers !
Bye !

mesothorium
12-02-2012, 10:23 PM
i support Freerangekillr's idea's, sounds wonderfull.

+1

about the mini map, if not completely hidding, then atleast make it opaque. or give us a Slider to adjust it. i find the offset on 1080p to much, just clutters the screen badly.

wootwoots
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Also, Outpost.
you could make the pirates take over certain outposts (outposts just become hostile again and there is a notification that an outpost has been taken over. no need for any other fancy ideas.) and never more than , say, 5 outposts re-taken by pirates at a time, max. this way you always get more action and you dont get the entire map repopulated by pirates.
Im not far into the game at all so i assume that making pirates return doesnt fit with the story.... but i feel it doesnt fit with the gameplay either.
!

totaly agree with that. I would love see that, Since i love area under pirate control, you can enjoy quiet a lot of random fight all around :)
When a outpost is free, you nearly didnt see again any pirate around and so, that fell pretty empty.

Askolddragon
12-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Here are some really good ideas, guys. I think we really need to bring this to Ubi's attention.

I'm thinking about reposting all of this in some general thread, so that people playing consoles could also contribute

uberslick
12-03-2012, 06:09 AM
I fully support all of this and agree totally with what's said, even though I thoroughly enjoy the game. Ubi please listen to these request, we would appreciate so much even if some don't care. If you don't get around to doing some of the ideas at least fix the HUD on the screen (smaller or off), the flashing objects and less accurate weapons on higher difficulties as well as a hardcore mode where enemies are much more dangerous. Allot of this was in Far Cry 2 so i don't see why it shouldn't be in Far Cry 3, even if its just an update, it would be much appreciated. Still GOTY regardless.

Hezzer792
12-03-2012, 10:48 AM
The following options are just a example but here they are :
Mini-map [ON] [OFF]
Hit Indicators [ON] [OFF] - (the enemy detection arrows)
Objective Markers [ON] [OFF]
Object Highlight [ON] [OFF] - (e.g. the glowing/flashing dead animals)
Hint Pop-ups [ON] [OFF]
XP Pop-ups [ON] [OFF]
Enemy Tagging [FULL] [MINIMAL] - ('Full' would be as it currently is, i.e. wallhack + orange skull icons, 'Minimal' would just be red dots on the map/mini-map).

Also, Outpost.

These are great ideas, especially the outpost getting taken over by pirates again, I hope they implement these!!!

Teknikz84
12-03-2012, 11:03 AM
I agree with this.