PDA

View Full Version : Sturmovik/Stormovik

F0_Dark_P
03-02-2004, 01:21 PM
have maddox games spelled the name sturmovik wrong? aint it spelled Stormovik rather then Sturmovik, i dont try to, run down maddox or something, but when i watched a program on the discovery channel i noticed that the historians on that documentary spelled, and pronounced the il2, Stormovik?!?

Belive in Nothing

Paradise Lost.

F0_Dark_P
03-02-2004, 01:21 PM
have maddox games spelled the name sturmovik wrong? aint it spelled Stormovik rather then Sturmovik, i dont try to, run down maddox or something, but when i watched a program on the discovery channel i noticed that the historians on that documentary spelled, and pronounced the il2, Stormovik?!?

Belive in Nothing

Paradise Lost.

73GIAP_Milan
03-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Sturmovik appears to be the right translation, in many aircraft books, articles, websites and documantaires the IL2 is named differently.
Most common are:
Stormovik
Schturmovik
Sturmovick
Shturmovick

at least, these were the ones I found in my books, with some dating back into the 60's and 70's...

It is not misspelled, it is just which guy translated it...

I've also seen the Lavochkins being spelled differently; Lavockin, Lavochskin...

it does'nt bother me, as long as it is clear to me which aircraft is meant by it..

Der Tote Baron a.k.a. SK_Black_Knight....

BuzzU
03-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Oleg has been known to misspell a word now and then..;)

Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Jamnut/clark19.jpg

PBNA-Boosher
03-02-2004, 02:00 PM
depends really on what type of yiddish you speak. Now stop kvetching and go fly some FB!

F0_Dark_P
03-02-2004, 02:01 PM
ah...then i know:P and as you said, i dont mind to much how it is spelled

pay attention to your thoughts, because they will become your words, pay attention to your words, because they will become your deeds, pay attention to your deeds, because they will become your habits, pay attention to your habits, because they will become your character, pay attention to your character, because it will become your destiny.

talmud

Agamemnon22
03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
In Russian its a U. Shturmovik.
From the word "shturm" meaning seige, attack.