PDA

View Full Version : About the survey

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on it, what do you want from the list they provided. Any speculations on what underwater gameplay would be like.

Here is the list of features

Play another game with Connor
More wilderness areas to explore outside the cities
Ability to continue gameplay experience on tablet/mobile while away from home
Playing as a templar
Underwater gameplay
Ability to share information in-game with friends e.g. solve in-game clues together
More naval gameplay (navigation, battles...)
Ability to use mobile/tablet as a complementary display to perform some actions or access some info while playing on my console
Ability to create my own assassin and customize him
More famous historical characters to meet/befriend/fight
A new present-day hero (different from Desmond)
More assassination missions
Playing as a new assassin, in a different historical time period
More stealth gameplay sequences
Possibility for a friend to join the game in order to help me at any time during the solo mode
More gun fighting
Deeper storyline connection between solo adventure and multiplayer modes
Tracking stats and performance in multiplayer, and the ability to share and compete with others on in-game leaderboards online and/or in a companion app
More possibilities to defend yourself against attackers in multiplayer
Ability to create my own multiplayer avatar (customize looks, abilities, skills)
A deeper team-based multiplayer (guilds, squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management...)
Customization of the multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names etc)
New multiplayer modes
Assassination missions in co-op
Additional multiplayer characters with new skill sets
Ability to create user-generated content in multiplayer (maps, replay videos)
A spectator mode in multiplayer
A co-op split-screen mode
PvP mode with melee fighting and hand-to-hand combat
Co-op story missions (two to four players)

Also to anyone saying no on the create your own assassin and customize them, SAY YES. I'm 100% sure that they mean for co-op, and if you say no to that then smh :P

InfectedNation
11-29-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm a little annoyed I wasn't sent this survey, my response would be:

More Connor
More Connor
More Connor
More Ratonhnhake:ton
More Connor
More Wilderness
More Naval
More Connor

EDIT:

New modern protagonist (Otso Berg?)
More Assassinations (non-linear missions)
More optional stealth
More Connor

mustash
11-29-2012, 11:48 PM
All the surveys put out by Ubisoft aren't really for us to suggest changes, it's so that they can assess that what they've already done is in sync with what players want. It happened with Revelations if I remember right.

Edit:
"A co-op split-screen mode"
Oh my god yes

KingHunter012
11-30-2012, 01:55 AM
I took the list you had and took out what i wouln't want lol

•Play another game with Connor (mayber but not return to Revolution, continue in time like Ezio)
•More wilderness areas to explore outside the cities
•Ability to continue gameplay experience on tablet/mobile while away from home
•Underwater gameplay (Cool!)
•Ability to share information in-game with friends e.g. solve in-game clues together
•More naval gameplay (navigation, battles...)
•Ability to use mobile/tablet as a complementary display to perform some actions or access some info while playing on my console (maybe only one Wii or PSP)
•Ability to create my own assassin and customize him (Always wanted to do this)
•More famous historical characters to meet/befriend/fight
•A new present-day hero (different from Desmond) (Yes!!! I don't see how they could bring him back)
•More assassination missions
•Playing as a new assassin, in a different historical time period (Either this or continue Connor's story in a different time)
•More stealth gameplay sequences
•Possibility for a friend to join the game in order to help me at any time during the solo mode
•Deeper storyline connection between solo adventure and multiplayer modes
•Tracking stats and performance in multiplayer, and the ability to share and compete with others on in-game leaderboards online and/or in a companion app
•More possibilities to defend yourself against attackers in multiplayer
•Ability to create my own multiplayer avatar (customize looks, abilities, skills)
•A deeper team-based multiplayer (guilds, squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management...)
•Customization of the multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names etc)
•New multiplayer modes
•Assassination missions in co-op
•Additional multiplayer characters with new skill sets
•Ability to create user-generated content in multiplayer (maps, replay videos)
•A spectator mode in multiplayer
•PvP mode with melee fighting and hand-to-hand combat

KingHunter012
11-30-2012, 01:56 AM
Yes i agree! I'd love to see more Connor! A i also agree new modern day person... i mean Desmond is dead afterall haha

TrueAssassin77
11-30-2012, 02:02 AM
connor

cchiu23
11-30-2012, 02:20 AM
what i really want them to do is wut they did with wolfpack offline play, i think they should add more game modes

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Are people really that dense to understand that Spoilers are not supposed to be posted in threads without a spoiler tag ?? -_-

Sidizen
11-30-2012, 02:30 AM
Okay, I love Connor, but I don't like the time period of the American Revolution,
So, what I think would be awesome would be:
*Have it set in Ancient Rome
*Have co-op sit screen, definitely
*Have the Assassins be someone like Connor.

Sidizen
11-30-2012, 02:31 AM
Split, not sit screen

Sidizen
11-30-2012, 02:32 AM
Assassin, not Assassins.

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2012, 02:32 AM
I already posted this in the other thread but I'll post it again I guess.

Play another game with Connor Sure
More wilderness areas to explore outside the cities I guess/ not too much though
Ability to continue gameplay experience on tablet/mobile while away from home No thanks
Playing as a templar No
Underwater gameplay Yes (seems interesting)
Ability to share information in-game with friends e.g. solve in-game clues together no thanks
More naval gameplay (navigation, battles...) Yea free roam please
Ability to use mobile/tablet as a complementary display to perform some actions or access some info while playing on my console. No thanks
Ability to create my own assassin and customize him Yes
More famous historical characters to meet/befriend/fight YES
A new present-day hero (different from Desmond) No I'd rather see Desmond have a proper ending
More assassination missions YES
Playing as a new assassin, in a different historical time period New assassin not yet/different setting yes
More stealth gameplay sequences fine but NOT forced stealth!!
Possibility for a friend to join the game in order to help me at any time during the solo mode No thanks
More gun fighting Less Guns
Deeper storyline connection between solo adventure and multiplayer modes No MP please or as little as possible.
Tracking stats and performance in multiplayer, and the ability to share and compete with others on in-game leaderboards online and/or in a companion app Don't care
More possibilities to defend yourself against attackers in multiplayer Yes
Ability to create my own multiplayer avatar (customize looks, abilities, skills) Yes
A deeper team-based multiplayer (guilds, squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management...) Yes
Customization of the multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names etc) Yes
New multiplayer modes Yes
Assassination missions in co-op sure why not
Additional multiplayer characters with new skill sets Yes
Ability to create user-generated content in multiplayer (maps, replay videos) Okay
A spectator mode in multiplayer ??
A co-op split-screen mode I guess
PvP mode with melee fighting and hand-to-hand combat meh
Co-op story missions (two to four players) no thanks

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Assassin, not Assassins.
You know you can edit your post..

DavisP92
11-30-2012, 03:04 AM
I was really on the verge to not buying the next AC game, or even caring about it. But now I have to keep my eye on what they are doing now, if the co-op is as great as i hope then i'll buy it. And the new consoles are coming out late 2013-2014 too

Rakheton
11-30-2012, 03:52 AM
why not release the survey here instead of emails that no one f#$%n reads?

Rakheton
11-30-2012, 03:55 AM
yes all

Lightpex
11-30-2012, 04:10 AM
Ok guys, let go of Connor, he won't be coming back. There is no reason for him to. He was a good character, but I'd love to see someone new.

But Ubisoft, for one, lets drop the whole slip-screen, friending, co-op thing. Assassin's Creed is a single player story game. Lets not over-complicate things?
Customizable multiplayer characters? HELL YEAH! Thats what we need! For single player? No, stick to 1 antagonist.

A new present day hero? Hmm, maybe, Im a neutral on this. I loved Desmond, but I'm not totally against a new guy.
But we do need more present-day stuff in ACreed.

More Naval combat? It was great fun, but theres no need to bring it back. Why not focus on something totally new! Maybe planes, chariots, who knows? XD

More Assassination missions? YES YES YES. THIS IS ASSASSINS CREED. MORE ASSASSINATING.

Wilderness? Of course, free-roaming in AC has become a staple. I would love to say, roam the wilderness in Japan, or something..

Lightpex
11-30-2012, 04:12 AM
why not release the survey here instead of emails that no one f#$%n reads?

Because we have raging braindead 9 year old idiots that come here and spam saying "AC NEADS MORE GUNS GIVE US HOURSES O WAIT WE HAV THOSE HAHAHA GIVE US AKGUNZ PLEASE PLZ"

On a side note, I would love to get an email from Ubi to express my opinion on my favorite franchise in the world <3

Lightpex
11-30-2012, 04:15 AM
I already posted this in the other thread but I'll post it again I guess.

As the brits would say "You are spot on"

DavisP92
11-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Ok guys, let go of Connor, he won't be coming back. There is no reason for him to. He was a good character, but I'd love to see someone new.

But Ubisoft, for one, lets drop the whole slip-screen, friending, co-op thing. Assassin's Creed is a single player story game. Lets not over-complicate things?
Customizable multiplayer characters? HELL YEAH! Thats what we need! For single player? No, stick to 1 antagonist.

A new present day hero? Hmm, maybe, Im a neutral on this. I loved Desmond, but I'm not totally against a new guy.
But we do need more present-day stuff in ACreed.

More Naval combat? It was great fun, but theres no need to bring it back. Why not focus on something totally new! Maybe planes, chariots, who knows? XD

More Assassination missions? YES YES YES. THIS IS ASSASSINS CREED. MORE ASSASSINATING.

Wilderness? Of course, free-roaming in AC has become a staple. I would love to say, roam the wilderness in Japan, or something..

my opinions is the opposite of yours on co-op, this game needs it. Co-op may not work in every game, but a co-op mode separate from the SP mode where you can create your own assassin and customize them would be amazing.

pirate1802
11-30-2012, 05:19 AM
Co-op doesn't have to take away from the SP experience. take Borderlands for example. You can very well play the whole game by yourself, or your friend joins you midway. the only thing that changes is the difficulty. Obviously.

True campaign Co-op can change the face of this franchise believe me. It can be that next leap forward. Dual assassinations, stealthily moving onto your target while your friend distracts, stuff like that.. intoxicating. :D It first occured to me while playing AC2. Its ripe for a co-op experience.

InfectedNation
11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
I'll be pretty pi***d if they ditch Connor after this one game - the developers have invested into him a lot over the last 2-3 years and he still has lots of potential. I, and many other players have grown attached or just love playing as him, especially when the main story and homestead questline are played simultaneously.

If they got rid of him now it would be such a waste, Some people won't want the next game to be dragged down by getting to know a new protagonist AGAIN for the first half.

What I'm basically saying in a nutshell is: seeing as we spent so much of ACIII developing Connor and building up to his time as an Assassin - It would be stupid to not continue and develop him further, he's only 27.

PJ_28
11-30-2012, 08:54 AM
I just hope they make single-player priority.

I have nothing against multiplayer, it's well and good. I just hope single-player does not suffer because of it.

ACfan443
11-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I'll be pretty pi***d if they ditch Connor after this one game - the developers have invested into him a lot over the last 2-3 years and he still has lots of potential. I, and many other players have grown attached or just love playing as him, especially when the main story and homestead questline are played simultaneously.

If they got rid of him now it would be such a waste, Some people won't want the next game to be dragged down by getting to know a new protagonist AGAIN for the first half.

What I'm basically saying in a nutshell is: seeing as we spent so much of ACIII developing Connor and building up to his time as an Assassin - It would be stupid to not continue and develop him further, he's only 27.

I am absolutely certain that Connor will be returning for the next game, regardless of "fan reception", they probably had this planned during the early conception of AC3, and it's probably been in development quite some time now. And like someone said, they're not really asking for fan input, they're just assessing whether the stuff they've put in AC3.5 will be received well by fans.

zerocooll21
11-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Who got the survey? Why not put it on here and get feedback from a majority of the hardcore AC fans are. Surveys are great but need to directed to the right people.

Play another game with Connor - YES
More wilderness areas to explore outside the cities - YES
Ability to continue gameplay experience on tablet/mobile while away from home - NO, Don't sacrifice console game play for on the go.
Playing as a templar - Nah, keep that in the multiplay side. Things will get too confusing if you're playing on both sides plus resources will be wasted.
Underwater gameplay - Only if it fits within the AC universe.
Ability to share information in-game with friends e.g. solve in-game clues together - YES!!!
More naval gameplay (navigation, battles...) - YES, I thought we were able to roam the seas not just go to a specified area and fight.
Ability to use mobile/tablet as a complementary display to perform some actions or access some info while playing on my console - No
Ability to create my own assassin and customize him - To a certain extent sure.
More famous historical characters to meet/befriend/fight - Yes please!
A new present-day hero (different from Desmond) - Yes, the story line falls apart without present day urgency.
More assassination missions - Yes
Playing as a new assassin, in a different historical time period - One more with Connor then move on.
More stealth gameplay sequences - YES. And more Uncharted 3 type game play!!
Possibility for a friend to join the game in order to help me at any time during the solo mode - YES!
More gun fighting - No
Deeper storyline connection between solo adventure and multiplayer modes - IDK

ProdiGurl
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Co-op doesn't have to take away from the SP experience. take Borderlands for example. You can very well play the whole game by yourself, or your friend joins you midway. the only thing that changes is the difficulty. Obviously.

True campaign Co-op can change the face of this franchise believe me. It can be that next leap forward. Dual assassinations, stealthily moving onto your target while your friend distracts, stuff like that.. intoxicating. :D It first occured to me while playing AC2. Its ripe for a co-op experience.

I watched some co-op walkthru vids of Dead Island and I have to say I would LOVE that for some games (esp. that game). I doubt I'd be interested in it for AC unless I already played the SP alone at least twice. I think it would be more fun than MP but like others, my main concern is that SP quality/content doesn't suffer if they added another feature like co-op.

D.I.D.
11-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Ability to create my own assassin and customize him/her
A new present-day hero* (different from Desmond)

*With reservations. I don't particularly need to create a character, since Ubi's very good at that, but it might be good. I'd like someone different if we have to have a modern day story, but I'd rather they just went for alt history and ditched the modern stuff.

More assassination missions
Playing as a new assassin, in a different historical time period
More stealth gameplay sequences

I don't care for anything else on this list. Really I want them to completely rethink the game from the concept up: it's a game about an assassin with the ability to scale walls like a spider, an ***assin so skilled that he or she can kill heavily protected targets. How should that feel?

At the moment, we've veered into a thematic environment which has little connection to assassination or to gaming. Don't get me wrong; it's a solid 7/10 experience with a fantastic world and engine, and I recommend that people buy it, but the series is bumping its head against a ceiling of its own making right now and needs to be completely re-imagined.