PDA

View Full Version : So who is Connor fighting for?

avk111
11-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Hello guys,

i want to understand something ... Is Connor fighting exclusively for his tribe only so he can save the sanctuary? Or both for his tribe and colonials and people of the whole land of America from the influence of the Templars regardless of his tribe ?

hope some authentic answers pls.

thank you

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 11:53 PM
His People and the Assassins..

montagemik
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Connor is fighting for his people / his land / the Assassin order & Pretty much anything that is JUST in this world - Equal rights , freedom ............He's pretty much the Only TRUE american Hero depicted in the game .
Like it or not .

And look at how he is ultimately repayed for his actions ! :nonchalance:

avk111
11-30-2012, 08:28 AM
I did some more research, Juno told Connor that he will be bringing balance to the region , doesn't that mean the whole land ? Regardless of his people or not ?

montagemik
11-30-2012, 09:35 AM
I did some more research, Juno told Connor that he will be bringing balance to the region , doesn't that mean the whole land ? Regardless of his people or not ?

Yes she did .......But Juno's main interest was to ensure Desmond gained entrance to the temple & activated the pedestal - Her statement was entirely subjective - Who's definition of balance was she reffering to & When .......... Most likely HER version of balance & by her hand. But connor wasn't to know that . (in short , She pulled a GW & played him for her own purposes - what a *****)

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes she did .......But Juno's main interest was to ensure Desmond gained entrance to the temple & activated the pedestal - Her statement was entirely subjective - Who's definition of balance was she reffering to & When .......... Most likely HER version of balance & by her hand. But connor wasn't to know that . (in short , She pulled a GW & played him for her own purposes - what a *****)
Come to think of it...Is there anyone who did not play Connor ?? His Father, Juno, GW, Paul Revere, Samuel Adams...pretty much most of the patriots he came across..

Only a bunch of people seemed to genuinely care for Connor...Israel Putnam, His Mother, Clan Mother, Achilles

avk111
11-30-2012, 11:07 AM
So how come Connor was at the end happy that the British finally left the Americas ? Doesn't that show he actually fought for the people of the land ?

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:17 AM
So how come Connor was at the end happy that the British finally left the Americas ? Doesn't that show he actually fought for the people of the land ?
He was not happy so to say..

as has already been said, he was fighting for freedom and the colonists gained their "Questionable" freedom, evident by the scene right after this one where he sees a slave owner commercializing his wares..

avk111
11-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, well I guess this was the best option available at the end ... Peace for all the land

Quoting Juno:" This place is at peace it is a trade but not in vain"

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, well I guess this was the best option available at the end ... Peace for all the land

Quoting Juno:" This place is at peace it is a trade but not in vain"
Stop quoting Juno xD

She`s a ***** :p

avk111
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Stop quoting Juno xD

She`s a ***** :p

Well she started it all :p another quote :" What was once ... Shall be" :)

avk111
12-14-2012, 09:24 PM
So I was playing the Benedict Arnold missions for the first time,

Im surprised that Connor was still aiding Washington though he cut his ties with him and doesn't support the patriot cause anymore, can someone please explain to me the plot at this point ?

thank you

xboxauditore
12-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Is it possible to get the Benedict Arnold DLC on Xbox?

Wyrewho
12-14-2012, 10:55 PM
He is fighting for his people more than anything. However he is more or less personal man servant of the Continental Army for the majority of the story.

Wyrewho
12-14-2012, 11:01 PM
No.
And in reply to the previous poster, I suppose Connor values the freedom of a nation over the will of a single man.

pirate1802
12-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Come to think of it...Is there anyone who did not play Connor ?? His Father, Juno, GW, Paul Revere, Samuel Adams...pretty much most of the patriots he came across..

Only a bunch of people seemed to genuinely care for Connor...Israel Putnam, His Mother, Clan Mother, Achilles

Yeah its quite sad actually. Such a well-meaning character, played by almost everyone for their gains. Perhaps that goes with being naive. :| That scene where Putnam came to his rescue was great though. "This man is a **** hero", one of the rare occasions Conor got his due.

pirate1802
12-15-2012, 08:39 AM
To the original question, his only goal was the security of his people. He became an assassin to realize this goal, and hence assimilated the assassin goal into his own; for a time the both seemed identical.. the Templars were also the people terrorizing his tribe.

Then he realized the best future of his people lay in the victory of the Patriots, so he lent them his service, and was back stabbed in the end for it.

avk111
12-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Thank you dude but how come he goes and pays Washington a visit for the Benedict Arnold mission after Monomoth event ( when connor breaks ties with Washington) and Washington tells him there is a spy among the patriots and he helps him out ? It is not tied to any templar control yet he still helps them though he broke ties with the patriots at this stage.

Thank you

Assassin_M
12-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Thank you dude but how come he goes and pays Washington a visit for the Benedict Arnold mission after Monomoth event ( when connor breaks ties with Washington) and Washington tells him there is a spy among the patriots and he helps him out ? It is not tied to any templar control yet he still helps them though he broke ties with the patriots at this stage.

Thank you
Connor just Pities Washington...Washington basically kissed Connor`s feet and begged for help because "He cannot trust anyone"

Connor is actually angry at GW for calling on him.. "How dare you call on me after Monmouth ?"

avk111
12-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Connor just Pities Washington...Washington basically kissed Connor`s feet and begged for help because "He cannot trust anyone"

Connor is actually angry at GW for calling on him.. "How dare you call on me after Monmouth ?"

Thanks M So what comes next after finishing the game ? There no comic books , novels or anything of some sort except the forum ...

pirate1802
12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks M So what comes next after finishing the game ? There no comic books , novels or anything of some sort except the forum ...

I hope they make a short movie, like Embers sometime later.

medavroog
12-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Hello guys,

i want to understand something ... Is Connor fighting exclusively for his tribe only so he can save the sanctuary? Or both for his tribe and colonials and people of the whole land of America from the influence of the Templars regardless of his tribe ?

thank you

Connor fought solely for His Own People. It is for the sake of defending his own people, Connor trained under Achilles and started to fight. Juno might have lured Connor into the training but, it was Connor himself who chose to be trained as well as to fight. With the Storyline introduced so-far, we see Connor as a selfish individual who sought Benefits Only For His Own People, in so doing Connor was no different from the Templars who sought Benefits for Their Own also. Thus, Connor Kenway is very much similar to his own father - Haytham Kenway: both selfish and self-centered. Connor did not fought for the Colonials, but rather, used the Colonials just as his father did: Connor used the Colonials to attempt at saving His People, Haytham used the Colonials at the destruction of the Natives.

Basically, Haytham Kenway was not an Assassin, neither was his son - Connor Kenway. True Assassins fought for the Benefits of All People, this is not the case with Connor Kenway who only cared about His People only. In the Storyline, during a dire situation, Connor said "My People Come FIRST", a clear statement on his stance in the event. Unlike Ezio Auditore who fought for the Greater Good, Connor Kenway fought selfishly. Haytham Kenway was a Templar, Connor Kenway was just a Rogue; neither of them were Assassins, "Like Father, Like Son" indeed.

pirate1802
12-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Haytham used the Colonials at the destruction of the Natives.

That is wrong. Haytham never tried to destroy the natives.

medavroog
12-16-2012, 05:00 AM
That is wrong. Haytham never tried to destroy the natives.

Heed the Storyline clsoely, Haytham Kenway not only did try to destroy the Natives, he destroyed them. The Templars sought the Natives destruction when the Natives failed to offer what the Templars desired. Haytham Kenway was the Grand Master of the Templar and, it was Haytham Kenway who ordered all these ordeals upon the Amerindians - and nope, it was not Charles Lee, nor George Washington, they are just pawns under Haytham Kenway until Haytham's death...then, it was Charles Lee who took over...after the death Charles Lee, as the up-coming DLC hinted...George Washington took over as the next in-line.

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 05:21 AM
Heed the Storyline clsoely, Haytham Kenway not only did try to destroy the Natives, he destroyed them. The Templars sought the Natives destruction when the Natives failed to offer what the Templars desired. Haytham Kenway was the Grand Master of the Templar and, it was Haytham Kenway who ordered all these ordeals upon the Amerindians - and nope, it was not Charles Lee, nor George Washington, they are just pawns under Haytham Kenway until Haytham's death...then, it was Charles Lee who took over...after the death Charles Lee, as the up-coming DLC hinted...George Washington took over as the next in-line.
I`m sorry, but...you`re very misinformed. First, Haytham never wanted to destroy the Natives, he wanted to buy their lands so that he may PROTECT the natives from the war and, somehow, win them over to the Templar cause. (Haytham did that before when he saved Connor`s mother)

Also, Washington does not become a Templar in the DLC, he just becomes a Tyrant.

pirate1802
12-16-2012, 05:21 AM
it was Haytham Kenway who ordered all these ordeals upon the Amerindians - and nope, it was not Charles Lee, nor George Washington, they are just pawns under Haytham Kenway until Haytham's death...then, it was Charles Lee who took over...after the death Charles Lee, as the up-coming DLC hinted...George Washington took over as the next in-line.

Where did you get all these from? From which parts of the story?

medavroog
12-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Where did you get all these from? From which parts of the story?

From the Storyline itself, the whole of it.

I`m sorry, but...you`re very misinformed.

I am not misinformed, I am merely having a different interpretation from yours. Shall I be misinformed, from my stance then, you are the one who is misinformed - just a matter of view point.

First, Haytham never wanted to destroy the Natives, he wanted to buy their lands so that he may PROTECT the natives from the war and, somehow, win them over to the Templar cause. (Haytham did that before when he saved Connor`s mother)

Before Haytham Kenway ascended as the Grand Master of the Templars, he was sent to the Americas by the Templar Order to acquire what lied inside the Temple. He did NOT Want to PROTECT the Natives, that was just a mere mask which the Templars in general use to buy-off people - the same tactic Haytham used on Ziio to win her trust as well as heart. Keep in-mind that, Haytham simply threw Ziio and His Son away until Haytham saw the chance of using Connor to achieve what Templars want, ironically Connor in return also thought of using Haytham to achieve the Benefits of His People - Both Failed.

Also, Washington does not become a Templar in the DLC, he just becomes a Tyrant.

From one of the dialogues Desmond had with Shaun Hastings in the Temple, Shaun remarked that Subject-16 stated George Washington was a Templar. However, Desmond was not sure when did Washington became a Templar - was it before the war, or after. Nevertheless, Washington was a Templar is made clear in that side dialogue which serves as a hint to the up-coming DLC.

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 06:57 AM
From the Storyline itself, the whole of it.
be more precise..

I am not misinformed, I am merely having a different interpretation from yours. Shall I be misinformed, from my stance then, you are the one who is misinformed - just a matter of view point.

Actually, No...Facts do not have view points. and I`m about to show you how misinformed you are..

Before Haytham Kenway ascended as the Grand Master of the Templars, he was sent to the Americas by the Templar Order to acquire what lied inside the Temple. He did NOT Want to PROTECT the Natives, that was just a mere mask which the Templars in general use to buy-off people - the same tactic Haytham used on Ziio to win her trust as well as heart. Keep in-mind that, Haytham simply threw Ziio and His Son away until Haytham saw the chance of using Connor to achieve what Templars want, ironically Connor in return also thought of using Haytham to achieve the Benefits of His People - Both Failed. Exactly what I said. Haytham wanted to turn the natives to his cause. Not destroy them..

From one of the dialogues Desmond had with Shaun Hastings in the Temple, Shaun remarked that Subject-16 stated George Washington was a Templar. However, Desmond was not sure when did Washington became a Templar - was it before the war, or after. Nevertheless, Washington was a Templar is made clear in that side dialogue which serves as a hint to the up-coming DLC.
False. That conversation was about whether having the Apple made GW a Templar and Shaun said No. Rebecca asked "didnt clay say that Washington was a Templar ?" and Shaun replied "No, he just said Washington acquired an Apple at some point of time" Washington was not a Templar in Canon nor in DLC...

medavroog
12-16-2012, 08:27 AM
False. That conversation was about whether having the Apple made GW a Templar and Shaun said No. Rebecca asked "didnt clay say that Washington was a Templar ?" and Shaun replied "No, he just said Washington acquired an Apple at some point of time" Washington was not a Templar in Canon nor in DLC...

I have replayed those conversations and, you are right in your statement about the dialogues. Thus, I mistaken Washington as a Templar which you corrected; however, I still fail to see your view on Haytham Kenway:

Shall Haytham Kenway wish to save the Amerindians, why did he order young Connor's village be destroyed as Connor later blamed Haytham in the Storyline? Also, Connor challenged Haytham in the same scene that, Haytham would already knew of the second attack upon the Natives which Haytham failed to inform Connor. It seems more likely Haytham Kenway wanted to destroy the Natives because the Templars wasted too much time and resources on trying to buy-off their hearts. Even shall George Washington was not a Templar, Washington did act at Haytham's desire...thus, the first attack and the second attack were all plot-made by Haytham Kenway. Shall Haytham indeed ordered those attacks, it cotradicted the claim of Haytham wanted to save the Natives. Thus, I still view Haytham Kenway as the Master Mind as well as the Master Hand behind the destruction of the Natives.

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 08:58 AM
I have replayed those conversations and, you are right in your statement about the dialogues. Thus, I mistaken Washington as a Templar which you corrected; however, I still fail to see your view on Haytham Kenway:

Shall Haytham Kenway wish to save the Amerindians, why did he order young Connor's village be destroyed as Connor later blamed Haytham in the Storyline? Also, Connor challenged Haytham in the same scene that, Haytham would already knew of the second attack upon the Natives which Haytham failed to inform Connor. It seems more likely Haytham Kenway wanted to destroy the Natives because the Templars wasted too much time and resources on trying to buy-off their hearts. Even shall George Washington was not a Templar, Washington did act at Haytham's desire...thus, the first attack and the second attack were all plot-made by Haytham Kenway. Shall Haytham indeed ordered those attacks, it cotradicted the claim of Haytham wanted to save the Natives. Thus, I still view Haytham Kenway as the Master Mind as well as the Master Hand behind the destruction of the Natives.
Alright...Lets take it all step by step. Connor misunderstood. He THOUGHT that Haytham was the one who ordered the attack on the Village, but then Haytham began to clarify that he did no such thing and Connor does not believe him. When Haytham and Washington meet later, Haytham faces GW with his past when he said "not the first time either (Referring to attacks on Connor`s village) tell him what you did 14 years ago" to which Washington replies "That was another time. the 7 years war" GW admits that he indeed was the one that burned Connor`s village down in 1760 and it was not by Hyatham`s command, obviously, so Haytham is exempt from that charge.

All of this, though does not mean that Haytham was in the dark about things. he knew of Washington`s attack 14 years ago and knew of Connor`s mother`s Death, but was playing dumb to gain Connor`s sympathy and show him that it was not the Templars that burned his Village which is indeed true.

If he wanted to destroy the natives as you claim, he would`v done so long ago. When Ziio discovered his Templar allegiance for example and banished him, but he did not do this. He complied and never saw Ziio again. He wouldn't have tried to reason with the Elders numerous times before. Haytham actually does not know where Connor`s village is, evident by him sending Charles Lee to look for the village and later asking Connor about its location "Only tell us where your village is, boy"

medavroog
12-16-2012, 09:24 AM
All of this, though does not mean that Haytham was in the dark about things. he knew of Washington`s attack 14 years ago and knew of Connor`s mother`s Death, but was playing dumb to gain Connor`s sympathy and show him that it was not the Templars that burned his Village which is indeed true.

Alright, thank you for making this clear.

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Alright, thank you for making this clear.
You`re welcome..

I hope I did not come across as too rude to you..If I did, then I apologize, It was not my intention...:)

pirate1802
12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
...And then everyone hugged and kissed. :p

medavroog
12-16-2012, 11:52 AM
I hope I did not come across as too rude to you..If I did, then I apologize, It was not my intention...:)

No need to apologise.

avk111
12-16-2012, 02:42 PM
...And then everyone hugged and kissed. :p

Apparently they did :) , by the way guys I just realized something yesterday while replaying sequence 10. At a certain point after the death of Connors friend from the Mohawks , he comes to term between himself that the village can never be saved , he accepts it. In the animus corridor scene when he is giving his friend the farewell he comes to this realization.

Aazing how much details you can get by playing it over and over again

pirate1802
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Apparently they did :) , by the way guys I just realized something yesterday while replaying sequence 10. At a certain point after the death of Connors friend from the Mohawks , he comes to term between himself that the village can never be saved , he accepts it. In the animus corridor scene when he is giving his friend the farewell he comes to this realization.

Aazing how much details you can get by playing it over and over again

I caught that the first time. "It seems our people will never be safe." I think some people miss some details because Connor says them in his language and they don't see the subtitles maybe? :p

avk111
12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I caught that the first time. "It seems our people will never be safe." I think some people miss some details because Connor says them in his language and they don't see the subtitles maybe? :p
Haha Good catch buddy. Yeah the subtitles are white and the animus corridor is white , I think I'm going to have color blindness thanks to the Devs

avk111
12-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Just to confirm,

so Connor cares about the people in the North Americas ? Boston ,New York etc... .? As in he really cares that the Colonies become free of the British Empire ?

medavroog
12-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Just to confirm,

so Connor cares about the people in the North Americas ? Boston ,New York etc... .? As in he really cares that the Colonies become free of the British Empire ?

I do not think Connor fought for the sake to rid the British Empire because it was indeed the British at first, but then later the targets switched side to become the Patriots which made Connor fought the Patriots. With the "Tyranny of King Washington" DLC coming, I believe Connor's stance was not with either British nor Patriots for sure.

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Just to confirm,

I don't think so. He cares about them but obviously his people come first. See you ask yourself, or rather I'd ask myself: Would I care about y family more or the people from another country? Its probably hypocritical of me but I'd say i care for my family more. Same is for Connor probably.

He definitely cares about the Colonies to some degree, his dialog with Achilles ("There were no soldiers, just men and women defending themselves"), with Washington ("If you give up who'll fight for them?"), him helping the Colonists against tax collectors and such, and the fact that he completed his promised role even after being betrayed by Washington shows he cares, but then he sees them engaged in inhuman practices like slave-trading, and that prevents him from totally giving his heart to them. At least that is how I pictured Connor's thought processes flowing, may be I'm wrong.

So he definitely cares for the Colonies, both before and after being betrayed, they just don't occupy the same place in his heart as his own people, and that perfectly natural of him and I' cool with it.

Another thing: I think he makes a distinction between the actual colony-people and their leaders. And he has less love for the leaders than the people.

avk111
12-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I don't think so. He cares about them but obviously his people come first. See you ask yourself, or rather I'd ask myself: Would I care about y family more or the people from another country? Its probably hypocritical of me but I'd say i care for my family more. Same is for Connor probably.

He definitely cares about the Colonies to some degree, his dialog with Achilles ("There were no soldiers, just men and women defending themselves"), with Washington ("If you give up who'll fight for them?"), him helping the Colonists against tax collectors and such, and the fact that he completed his promised role even after being betrayed by Washington shows he cares, but then he sees them engaged in inhuman practices like slave-trading, and that prevents him from totally giving his heart to them. At least that is how I pictured Connor's thought processes flowing, may be I'm wrong.

So he definitely cares for the Colonies, both before and after being betrayed, they just don't occupy the same place in his heart as his own people, and that perfectly natural of him and I' cool with it.

Another thing: I think he makes a distinction between the actual colony-people and their leaders. And he has less love for the leaders than the people.

Thank you for your reply, it sure would be great could you tell me which sequence is that quote from because I will look it up YouTube. I just finally finished again AC3 yesterday and you can check out scene where he shaves his head. He says something about "For the people"

please do give me that sequence ill watch it, because the first Time I watched it I couldn't really understand who was he referring to....

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 05:49 PM
His dialog with Achilles was at the beginning of the sequence where he went to NY for the first time, 8 I think? And that dialog with Washington is one of the optional ones in Valley Forge, shortly before he meets Haytham.. seq. 9 I think.

avk111
12-18-2012, 10:23 PM
By the way what did you mean by promised role in your sentence above ? I think your point maybe correct, he would of course out his own tribe on number one scale then other would follow, why would he be helping those people he recruited to his homestead. But more conviction from other fellow fans would be better of course

tcplotts
12-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello guys,

thank you

A question I asked myself repeatedly throughout the game. Connor never feels like a genuine member of the Brotherhood in this game to me. At all. The only thing he knows about Templars is that his daddy is one, and he abandoned him, and that some of them may be trying to screw with his village. Yet he's not really protecting his village, since he's playing vengeance quests against templars. In the end, considering his consistent bellowing of the word "freedom!" a la Braveheart, I had to conclude he was just slaughtering lobster coats because they apparently didn't like freedom (TM) all that much.

avk111
12-19-2012, 12:39 PM
A question I asked myself repeatedly throughout the game. Connor never feels like a genuine member of the Brotherhood in this game to me. At all. The only thing he knows about Templars is that his daddy is one, and he abandoned him, and that some of them may be trying to screw with his village. Yet he's not really protecting his village, since he's playing vengeance quests against templars. In the end, considering his consistent bellowing of the word "freedom!" a la Braveheart, I had to conclude he was just slaughtering lobster coats because they apparently didn't like freedom (TM) all that much.

Kind of the same sensation I got through playing 90 percent through the title , there must be something we missed. I just watched the sequence where he shaves his head Mohawk style, he says something about eliminating Templars for the people, that's one.

second of all, during his years as an assassin he helps people in both Boston and Newyork,not to mention the Black couple he recruited to his homestead as they were being attacked by red lobsters and not , I repeat, not Templars. So In essence he could be reaching out to the people of the land as a whole with regards to his people as first priority. I'm just waiting for fellow analysts to confirm on that.

tcplotts
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Kind of the same sensation I got through playing 90 percent through the title , there must be something we missed. I just watched the sequence where he shaves his head Mohawk style, he says something about eliminating Templars for the people, that's one.

second of all, during his years as an assassin he helps people in both Boston and Newyork,not to mention the Black couple he recruited to his homestead as they were being attacked by red lobsters and not , I repeat, not Templars. So In essence he could be reaching out to the people of the land as a whole with regards to his people as first priority. I'm just waiting for fellow analysts to confirm on that.

All those things are true. And more! But that's what causes the confusion. He's sort of everywhere yet nowhere on the motivation-meter. And most of his principle commitments are expressed in horrible cliches and platitudes, which don't actually reveal much of who he is (the central reason, incidentally, why Connor stinks as a character to me). This game was just literally and figuratively all over the map. Its' not a huge deal. It happens. Especially in shooters/adventure games.

avk111
12-19-2012, 01:34 PM
All those things are true. And more! But that's what causes the confusion. He's sort of everywhere yet nowhere on the motivation-meter. And most of his principle commitments are expressed in horrible cliches and platitudes, which don't actually reveal much of who he is (the central reason, incidentally, why Connor stinks as a character to me). This game was just literally and figuratively all over the map. Its' not a huge deal. It happens. Especially in shooters/adventure games.

Well you do know the game spans a life time of I don't know Excatly how many years, as you said at one point he is in Newyork killing.A dog for havng rabies the other instant he is discovering some Mayan Ruins in the midst if the jungle. On oppose to Previous AC titles,Ezio , where it was more Linear thus was easier to see through the course of the story or plot. More open world gaming for you leave lots of questions unanswered , this is why Superhero games stopped projecting open world games as they leave stories with lower sentiment to them, spiderman for example used to be an open box game then switched to linear gameplay like Arkham city, it's just knowing the balance line between too open and too closed that makes the game enjoyable to some people or not.

But again back to main point lets see what other fellow assassins think of the main question.

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
By the way what did you mean by promised role in your sentence above ? I think your point maybe correct, he would of course out his own tribe on number one scale then other would follow, why would he be helping those people he recruited to his homestead. But more conviction from other fellow fans would be better of course

He gets betrayed by Washington and still returns to do that mission, battle of Monmouth was it? Where he mans the cannon. people may take it as poor character writing , but I took it that he had a sense of justice and right and wrong. He had a level head on his shoulder and sees the predicament of the people, hence helps Washington in that one last battle, but he can't ignore what Washington did, and so straight up goes to him and tells him that's the end of their relationship. Like I said before, he has more love for the people than those leading them. :D

The thing about Connor is, he is cold to those unfamiliar to him, but a real buddy to those he considers his "own." The Homestead contains many white characters but they are all neglected, Connor identifies with them, saves them and gives them a second chance. Homestead is like a second home to Connor.

avk111
12-19-2012, 02:20 PM
He gets betrayed by Washington and still returns to do that mission, battle of Monmouth was it? Where he mans the cannon. people may take it as poor character writing , but I took it that he had a sense of justice and right and wrong. He had a level head on his shoulder and sees the predicament of the people, hence helps Washington in that one last battle, but he can't ignore what Washington did, and so straight up goes to him and tells him that's the end of their relationship. Like I said before, he has more love for the people than those leading them. :D

The thing about Connor is, he is cold to those unfamiliar to him, but a real buddy to those he considers his "own." The Homestead contains many white characters but they are all neglected, Connor identifies with them, saves them and gives them a second chance. Homestead is like a second home to Connor.

uh it's killing me, I finished the title couple of days back and I promised myself I won't touch it for a while. But talking about it and how Connor is makes me what to go and play it again, never mind I think I'll get myself into far cry for a while :p

Thank you for the reply , I'll get back to you on more points once I get any. But your right He goes and helps Lafyette out of sense of responsibility towards the people, I recn that's why he had a sense of laughter and calmness when he saw these people happy about thier freedom in a cynical way of course