PDA

View Full Version : Ironsight Toggle Tweak

bowhunter001
11-29-2012, 02:06 PM
So I had a look in the game's configuration file and found a setting that enables ironsights toggle mode so you don't have to keep right-click pressed.

Go to Documents/My Games/Far Cry 3/ and open GamerProfile.xml with notepad. Then just change the value of IronsightToggleMode from 0 to 1, save, and you're done.

bowhunter001
11-29-2012, 05:43 PM
No one cares? :o It's the first thing I activate in shooters, as holding down the right-mouse button messes with my aim.

mestido
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
No one cares? :o It's the first thing I activate in shooters, as holding down the right-mouse button messes with my aim.

I care, thanks a lot for the info.
It is very strange not to see this option in the game menu options.

Law-II
11-29-2012, 08:02 PM
I also found this useful; thanks

boblehest
12-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks! :)

MagicGenja
12-02-2012, 07:23 PM
OMG BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS! THANKS alot

xabkish
12-02-2012, 07:54 PM
So I had a look in the game's configuration file and found a setting that enables ironsights toggle mode so you don't have to keep right-click pressed.

Go to Documents/My Games/Far Cry 3/ and open GamerProfile.xml with notepad. Then just change the value of IronsightToggleMode from 0 to 1, save, and you're done.

Thanks a lot. It's very, very useful for single player.

Kasel.
12-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Thank you. I'm very much disappointed in them not including this option in-game.

ubermoob
12-24-2012, 04:58 AM
Well I followed the instructions to the letter and it did nothing. I still have to hold down the mouse button to ADS . This is quite an absurd oversight for a game like this..

Edit: Hmm seems you may have to set the file to read only to keep the game from rewriting over the changes you made.

karmakgb
12-24-2012, 05:38 AM
Well I followed the instructions to the letter and it did nothing. I still have to hold down the mouse button to ADS . This is quite an absurd oversight for a game like this.

You should try making gamerprofile.xml a read-only file after making the change. Occasionally, the game will switch things back to default without it.

Demon646
03-21-2013, 09:34 PM

You're awesome! Thanks!

EnterTheHaggis
07-21-2013, 02:37 AM
Thank you very much.

Come on Ubisoft, you can't put this setting into the game options menu? Really !#@?? You want to sell Far Cry 4 ? Then stop being dumb.

Vapor-FC3
07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
In the steam forum, surprisingly to me, there are some folks that advocate using a game controller for this game. I think part of the reason a k/m oriented setting like that is not elevated into the in game settings is the increasing amount of console'ish'ness is all things gaming related.

After getting graphics settings adjusted, the was the first setting i hunted down in the config file since I don't like having to hold the rmb while shooting.

TR-Komando
01-10-2014, 11:46 PM

Thank you very much finally. i wish it could be done for Metro Last Light too

mikevid101
01-24-2014, 08:27 PM
could you explain how to make gamer profile a read-only file

cards0
11-22-2014, 08:44 PM
what about far cry 4?