PDA

View Full Version : Support Escalation?

Darkius
11-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Is there any way to get a support ticket escalated? I logged a ticket and they just pasted a generic list of crap in and won't respond any more.

They just suggested reinstalling the game and reinstalling my drivers. Which if you look at my problem report I sent them I have already tried.

My problem is as follows:

I can get into the game and start playing but it appears to either crash right away or maybe a few mins in.

I have tried a lot of other games including DirectX 11 ones and have no problems.

My Specs:
Windows 8 64bit
CPU: Intel i7 2600
Ram: 16GB DDR3
Video Card: Geforce GTX 580 - Drivers 306.97 (latest) - Dual screens
Assassins Creed 3 was purchased via steam.

I should also note I have Visual Studios 2012 installed which has some debugging tools. Does your DRM detect stuff like this? If it does I will require a full refund because uninstalling Visual Studios is not an option I need it for work.

What I have tried:
* Reinstalling my graphics drivers using the clean install feature of the driver installer (latest version from Nvidia web site).
* Re-downloading the game and running it.

Darkius
11-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I also sent them my dxdiag info they asked for and also a crash dump.

If you look at the crash dump it appears to happen shortly after trying to access to the USB Gamepad. Happens if its attached or not. I even completely uninstall the device drivers for it (Logitech F710 which is a supported device for Assassins Creed 3 but I don't plan on using it).

Darkius
12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I tried contacting steam support for a refund too which was pretty useless.

Darkius
12-01-2012, 09:31 AM
I have decided every-time they reply to a support ticket without reading it I am going to raise 2 more.

TheLeoCrow
12-01-2012, 10:12 AM
You have to update your ticket every couple of days untill they respond because otherwise they will close it. also try disabling the second screen.

Darkius
12-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes to both.

In the end I showed steam support and they agreed ubisoft didnt do their job and refunded me.

byronb
12-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Yes to both.

In the end I showed steam support and they agreed ubisoft didnt do their job and refunded me.

You are one of the lucky ones if they did refund your money.
It does seem that Steam and Ubisoft are not playing well together.