PDA

View Full Version : The burning of Conner's village...*Spoilers*

UncappedWheel82
11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Ok.

We (I) know that before Conner's village was burned that Lee, Hickey, and Johnson were all in the woods and ran across Conner on the outside of his village where they ended up choking and knocking out Conner upon first having words. When Conner awakes he makes his way home and finds his Village in flames, and so Conner assumes that Lee and his cohorts did it.

Years later, Conner learns that Lee is a Templar (and also that Templars are bad) and so as a "bad-guy" who works for his father, the big "bad-guy", he assumes Lee did it under Templar (bad-guy) order. Later in the story, though, it is revealed that Washington gave the order to have the village burned.

So, my confusion comes from why 3 of the Templars were their in the first place? Especially Johnson?

Reading the Animus files revealed that Johnson, Hickey, and Lee were all on the Patriot side but that only Hickey and Lee were in the military as Johnson was more like an ambassador between the natives and the brits/colonists. But overall that still it doesn't sit well with me.

It would make more sense if Lee and the rest were wearing blue or red coats, but they seemed to be there more in a Templar capacity than a colonist one.

Is there some part of this story that I'm missing? Can someone help me out?

UncappedWheel82
11-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Bump...

StarzSuicide
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Let me explain..... Lee burned down the village first...... The Mohawks rebuilt it. Then Washington was going ro burn it down again but I fear for his life by Connors brutal hands he did not (at leat not in the game))

Vex_Assassin
11-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't remember Washington saying that he commanded the burning of the village... And it's Connor, by the way.

LightRey
11-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Let me explain..... Lee burned down the village first...... The Mohawks rebuilt it. Then Washington was going ro burn it down again but I fear for his life by Connors brutal hands he did not (at leat not in the game))
Wrong. Washington ordered both. Lee and the other Templars were there because they were ordered (originally) to get the natives to tell them about the precursor site they were looking for (not realizing that technically they had already found it).

StarzSuicide
11-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Lee did it against Haythams orders, it's said in game during a cutscene

LightRey
11-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Lee did it against Haythams orders, it's said in game during a cutscene
Eh, no. Haytham said he'd ordered Lee to leave the village alone (which he may or may not have done). However, both the database and a later cutscene make very clear that Washington was the one responsible. When Haytham grabs Washington's letter, he not only explains that he ordered an attack, but also said that he did so before.

Pay more attention next time before erroneously trying to correct someone.

InfectedNation
11-28-2012, 11:15 PM
LightRey is right people... listen to him

I don't remember Washington saying that he commanded the burning of the village... And it's Connor, by the way.

Replay sequence 10, memory 2

Synjin Savant2
11-28-2012, 11:36 PM
They were still looking for a way into the temple.

Remember that later on, Haytham says that he told them to abandon their efforts to breach the Pre-Cursor site (meaning leaving Connor and his mom the heck alone). They disobeyed his order and continued hassling the Kanehahakak (sp) which including choking out Connor.

So they didn't burn the village, but they were traipsing around the forest, choking out kids trying to find some information about why their key wasn't enough to get into the cave. If they had choked the Clan Mother, they might've gotten to her POE and actually learned about something. They needed the apple, they went around choking kids. Templars are bad.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-28-2012, 11:44 PM
They didn't go around choking kids. They roughed up Connor and hit him in the face with the butt of a rifle.

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 02:19 AM
They didn't go around choking kids. They roughed up Connor and hit him in the face with the butt of a rifle.

yea they did............. i guess connor was pressed up against the side of the tree due to to magic? maybe even invisible faires?

Sidizen
11-29-2012, 02:51 AM

He was choked, and if you remember Lee said that if he added a little bit more pressure he would pop Connor's neck.

Jexx21
11-29-2012, 04:40 AM
He was choked, and if you remember Lee said that if he added a little bit more pressure he would pop Connor's neck.
is this supposed to be defending Lee?