PDA

View Full Version : AC III Freedom Edition - How do I unlock the extra content ???

xmisery13x
11-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Alright, I finally got my pre ordered Freedom Edition of Assassin's Creed 3 for the PC last Friday.
Game works fine and I'm really enjoying it so far.
BUT, since a few days ago I've been trying to unlock the extra content and every time I get a message that says that the connection to Ubisoft's servers is lost and that I should try to reconnect by logging in.
I try to login with my Uplay account and the message pops up that I should try again later because the connection couldn't be restored.
Now my question is, is this something on Ubi's side, or am I doing something wrong ?
I presume the code I'm meant to type in to unlock the content is my CD-Key, or am I missing something ???
Do I need to finish the game first before I can do it ???
Please help !

Anykeyer
11-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Try entering your cdkey in MP. I suspect any incorrect cdkeys produce that error when entered in SP. MP gives real error. Search your box for any additional keys. Dunno about AC3 retails, but ACR special editions retails included cards witth codes written on them. Only iin case with digital editions your cdkey and extra content key are the same.

xmisery13x
11-28-2012, 09:31 AM
I got it ! :D Turned out there were two separate cards with a code for the extra content attached to the back of the game booklet. I obviously didn't pay as much attention to them when I should've. :p Many thanks for the heads up ! :)