PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of the Series on PC?

K0lucc1
11-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Hey. This is one of my first posts on these forums, and I plan to post here from time to time. So I guess I'll see you around.

Anyway, I plan to get a new computer soon, so I thought "Hey, maybe I could get the rest of the Assassin's Creed series on the computer" (I already have AC3 for Console)

So, my question to you is: What are the pros and cons of the series on PC? Below I've but some questions I was wondering.

Are the keyboard controls nice?

Any problems with downloading?

Any problems with frame rate?

And anything else you can tell me about the subject. I appreciate any replies. Thanks!

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 04:52 AM
1) I think one of the pros is the texture quality, before I had it on higher settings some of the textures were really bad, and I think this is how they appear on the consoles but I could be wrong. For cons, my characters lip movements don't always match the audio, but I'm not sure if that happened after increasing my graphics in the game, but my game still runs smoothly--there are a lot of complaints from people about bugs and I've noticed a lot of threads about crashing. Make sure that you have a strong enough graphic card.
2) I personally don't used the mouse and keyboard with AC games (although I had to for the first part of the game because my old gamepad was not recognized by the game). I eventually got the feeling for it, but I think you might be able to use console controllers on PC (I do not own a console though, so I cannot say this for certain). I went out and got a new gamepad, myself.
3) The download was slow for me, but I downloaded it the day it came out so it could have been because lots of people were trying to access it.
4) I think my frame rate has been fine, I honestly don't know how to check it. Like I said before, it runs smoothly on my computer.
Hope my replies help!

Rekalty
11-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Apart from the fact that pretty much any kind of interface ignores the Mouse, (You'll do ALOT of Left Left Right Down Enter Backspace Enter Down Up Escape'ing - but not a single click for the win) it's pretty enjoyable. Oh, also apart from the bugs, like I'm listed as 2% done upgrading the ship, even though I've got all the upgrades, I would go on, but I'm not sure my keyboard could handle that much typing at once.

zarakon
11-28-2012, 05:25 AM
The best part is being able to play with a high framerate, if your PC is good enough

Anykeyer
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
So, my question to you is: What are the pros and cons of the series on PC? Below I've but some questions I was wondering.

Are the keyboard controls nice?

Any problems with downloading?

Any problems with frame rate?

I prefer KB+M. If you wont, then there is always an option to use Xbox controller instead.
Ubishop has sometimes slow download rates. Better buy it from Steam if you want digital version.
No problems, if you got decent PC. AC is more CPU-hungry than most games. And for some reason (I never seen this in any other game) it really likes Intel's i3/5/7 (can make almost twice the difference compared to similar spec Core 2 or any AMD CPU), its true at least for AC2 and its expansions (Brtherhood/Revelations)

Overall pros: better visuals and performance, control options. Overall cons: dealing with Uplay PC can be messy sometimes (they fixed all glaring bugs by now, but this summer we all have beed unpaid beta testers), and they almost always make things with some delays for PC.
AC1 comes in Directors Cut edition for PC, unlike console versions. This means much more diversity in ""investigation" missions.
AC2 for PS3 has some exclusive weapons if you sync it with PSP game (Bloodlines)
Brotherhood has PS3 exclusive DLC about Copernicus (but its a bunch of lame courier missions actually)
AC3 has "PS3 exclusive" DLC (you can get it on PC if you buy Digital Deluxe with Season Pass included)

Godz_Mercenary
11-28-2012, 09:15 AM
OK, here are the pro's and cons for Assassins Creed on PC:

Pro's: You get to walk into a store, walk past the inferior console peasants and feel all sophisticated and macho as you have a PC capable of playing the latest big budget games.

Cons: You can't actually play it until they release a patch. Around the third patch I would say.

AntiChrist7
11-28-2012, 09:30 AM
pro: game looks stunning

con: you have to wait for release, and you're better of with a gamepad

Samiwaw
11-28-2012, 09:32 AM
cons: no pro's until fix crash and fps drop!

Anykeyer
11-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Hm. I didnt have a single crash. FPS is also pretty good. I only encountered a small glitches 2 or 3 times with soldiers dead bodies physics.

zarakon
11-28-2012, 02:25 PM
As far as KB+Mouse controls.. it varies.

Brotherhood's mouse control I thought was unusable. It's like there was no middle ground between super slow movement and super fast movement. I reverted to using a gamepad

Revelations mouse is decent, IF you can get a constant framerate. I found that the mouse sensitivity increases as framerate goes down, and decreases as framerate goes up. My original problem was that the mouse sensitivity felt way too low, but that was because I had vsync off and was getting like 200fps in the starting area. Once I turned vsync on it became usable. Still, in places where the framerate dropped, it became a bit of a pain.

K0lucc1
11-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for your opinions guys, I really appreciate it. Any others to follow would be great.