PDA

View Full Version : Why there's no snow in AC3?

Alesyf
11-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't know wether it is suppose to be like that, or it's just a glitch, but the only two sequences I got snow were sequence 3 and the beginning of sequence 9. I haven't finished the game yet, but I just fear that in the whole game there are only two sequences set during winter, not to mention, very briefly because when you plough through story missions, the winter goes away pretty fast. Can someone please tell me if the game is suppose to take place mostly in summer? If so, WHY THE HELL is Ubisoft showing so much gameplay from the winter season, when there's like almost none of it?!?! I just can't believe, that throughout the whole story, all 12 sequences you have winter only twice briefly with one time playing as Haytham...

Krayus Korianis
11-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Beat the game, you can switch between seasons... Summer and Winter.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't know wether it is suppose to be like that, or it's just a glitch, but the only two sequences I got snow were sequence 3 and the beginning of sequence 9. I haven't finished the game yet, but I just fear that in the whole game there are only two sequences set during winter, not to mention, very briefly because when you plough through story missions, the winter goes away pretty fast. Can someone please tell me if the game is suppose to take place mostly in summer? If so, WHY THE HELL is Ubisoft showing so much gameplay from the winter season, when there's like almost none of it?!?! I just can't believe, that throughout the whole story, all 12 sequences you have winter only twice briefly with one time playing as Haytham...
If you do certain chase missions from the Homestead during winter, you'll be required to fly through the trees. That is pretty fun.

Alesyf
11-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah I did use the winter as much as I could doing all side missions I could in Boton, the Frontier and Homestead, but... really? They advertise the winter so much, and yet it's mostly not present? Gee...

LightRey
11-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Sequence 2 had snow too.

psf22
11-28-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm thinking pre-patch there was more snow, but post-patch the snow no-showed.

pirate1802
11-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Sequence 2 had snow too.

I got a Christmas Carol vibe in sequence 2 :3

Alesyf
11-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm thinking pre-patch there was more snow, but post-patch the snow no-showed.

I don't think so. I got through 9 sequences before the patch came out and snow only appeared in sequences 2, 3 and 9.
Well... that's just a pity. Were they affraid of using winter? It's an awesome game mechanic, so what gives? Don't be shy Ubisoft! If you're advertising winter, include MORE of it. Just like Mafia II: snow is briefly there and then it's summer all the way down.

Now I finished the game, and I have the Animus Weather Changer Hack but... You don't even get to be in New York when there's snow playing for the first time , 'cause "One month later" and it's summer again.... -.- that's just sad so much potential wasted. Do players really have to finish the game to replay the memories with snow? Just don't get it....

I Emerge I
11-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Beat the game, you can switch between seasons... Summer and Winter.

Could you tell me how to do this ?

ProdiGurl
11-28-2012, 06:40 PM
I got a Christmas Carol vibe in sequence 2 :3

I have one in Seq. 8 in New York - it's so beautiful, it looks like a Christmas card. Loving it.
I've seen lots of snow thru the game - I prefer Summer personally :)

@ some other posts... why is it "sad"? It's just some snow or sun. Most games don't have weather changes, only scenery changes.
I truly don't get why people are so let down like the end of the world came or something?

twenty_glyphs
11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I noticed this too. They sure promoted the new awesome winter mechanic a lot, and then the actual game barely even used it. Sure, you can change it yourself, but it's barely present in the story of the game. Seemed really odd to me. They did all that work to have deformable snow that slows you down and then it was barely in the game. I wonder if there was some story content cut that took place in the winter.

ProdiGurl
11-28-2012, 07:10 PM
I feel like it's winter too often.... I'm doing alot of side missions & I'm in the snow more than I want to be, so this isn't a problem I notice at all. In fact, deeper snow just slows you down and isn't always fun to hunt in.
And again, it's some SNOW/winter. They said it would be in this game and it's in this game... now it has to be more prevalent than other seasons?
If it were, we'd have complaint threads on not enough Summer season - bring out the chirping birdies lol.
I give up.

LightRey
11-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Why are they afraid of winter? Why is this such a big deal? It's just snow. In this game summer is really just not-winter. It's not like it's snowing for half the year.

psf22
11-29-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't think so. I got through 9 sequences before the patch came out and snow only appeared in sequences 2, 3 and 9.
Well... that's just a pity. Were they affraid of using winter? It's an awesome game mechanic, so what gives? Don't be shy Ubisoft! If you're advertising winter, include MORE of it. Just like Mafia II: snow is briefly there and then it's summer all the way down.

Now I finished the game, and I have the Animus Weather Changer Hack but... You don't even get to be in New York when there's snow playing for the first time , 'cause "One month later" and it's summer again.... -.- that's just sad so much potential wasted. Do players really have to finish the game to replay the memories with snow? Just don't get it....

I'm pretty sure that pre-patch 1.02 during Seq 5 there was snow (winter season) on my game, when you're with Achilles in Boston etc.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Something else to complain about...

Why the **** Not

psf22
11-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Something else to complain about...

Why the **** Not

Seems like my cue.

Wait there's way too much snow in this game.. on the ground I cannot run fast!
Remove it

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Seems like my cue.

Wait there's way too much snow in this game.. on the ground I cannot run fast!
Remove it
Tree running's stupid, too! I paid for an Assassin's Creed game, not a Tarzan game! Jeez.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Tree running's stupid, too! I paid for an Assassin's Creed game, not a Tarzan game! Jeez.
Petition to remove trees..

Sign here..I already signed..

-Butt

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Remove those homestead missions! I'm not here to play a stupid Farmville simulation !!

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Remove those homestead missions! I'm not here to play a stupid Farmville simulation !!
Petition for Petition ??

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Mother of Petitions. Remove all these BS things we don't like !

LightRey
11-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Petition for Petition ??
Maybe I should start a petition against petitions...

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 12:06 PM
That`d be awesome..Petition for Petition for petition ?

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 01:12 PM

/Signed.