PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Assassin's Creed 3 - Ubi Shop S C A M! Who else?

viruzFC
11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Hey there,
at the beginning of October I pre-ordered the "The Art of Assassin's Creed 3" Artbook at the Ubi Soft Onlineshop.

The book was advertised:

Limited to 500 pcs and comes with two Art-Prints sniged by "Gilles Beloeil" and "Tri Nguyen".

Price: €27 also a voucher - €10 (pre-order bonus?)

The releasedate was the 30th October.

Before and after the release date there were no shipping confirmation.

After a few days I send a mail to the Ubisoft-Support asking them if there is any trouble with that order (that was on 5th November).
I didn't got a mail regarding a delay or any other informations.

On 10th November I got a reply (translated it form german to english):

Hello viruzFC,

thank you for your question regarding Assassin's Creed 3

Sadly there was a problem with the supplier of the books.

Therefore there is a little delay.

Your order will be shipped at the beginning of next week.

When your order is shipped you will get a shipping confirmation.

I'm sorry for any inconvenient.

If the product isn't listed in the shop it means it is sold out.

Thank you for your cooperation.

With kind regards,
Sven
Your Ubisoft Support.

On 26th November my order was shipped and arrived today.

BUT I didn't got the advertised "limited to 500 pcs with two signed Art Prints" edition I just got the normal edition for almost twice the price it would cost in any other book shop.

I'm not the only one I also know that this happened in Belgium and the Netherlands too and awaiting information about it form the UK.

Lowly Assassin
11-27-2012, 09:52 PM
+2 more from Europe that received the wrong edition
Awaiting 16 other responses from other who ordered the limited edition
Will know tomorrow

lothario-da-be
11-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I have this problem too. ubi lied to us, i paid 27 euro for something limited. It stands in the description! Ubi i'am not happy with your service, AGAIN! this is just bullsh*t. Are the limited ones "Stolen" just like your join or die editions???

ZephyrStrife
11-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Relax guys, they have to compensate you. Either they will send you the actual edition you ordered or you will be refunded the amount back that they owe you for the version you did get. It's not a scam...clearly whoever is in charge of packaging and shipping doesn't know how to do their job properly.

lothario-da-be
11-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Relax guys, they have to compensate you. Either they will send you the actual edition you ordered or you will be refunded the amount back that they owe you for the version you did get. It's not a scam...clearly whoever is in charge of packaging and shipping doesn't know how to do their job properly.
man just EVERY edition is wrong.

Lowly Assassin
11-27-2012, 10:09 PM
^^^^ love the sig

Here's what was not originally explained
UBishop only advertised one edition for sale
The limited edition. Limited to 500 copies
And some how ubishop has managed to send out a copy they never told anyone they had for sale

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 10:15 PM
I never even knew that AC3 had an art book. I just got the 2nd edition encyclopedia though- It's full of win.

Lowly Assassin
11-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I never even knew that AC3 had an art book. I just got the 2nd edition encyclopedia though- It's full of win.

True but there is another book which is equally full of win
And that's a French book
Assassin's Creed, Entre Voyage, Verite Et Complits
Really hope it gets amenglish translation
It explains then story really well

viruzFC
11-27-2012, 10:39 PM

A refund of the difference is not an option....I want what I preordered.

lothario-da-be
11-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Come on people support this! this is serious!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi guys, I am investigating this, however it does say it is limited to 500 PCs.

pacmanate
11-28-2012, 01:15 PM

Yeah but if he paid for the limited one he should have got the limited one.

lothario-da-be
11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Ubi get ready for a lawsuit!

viruzFC
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM

Please stop spamming this thread!

When Ubisoft say they are looking into it wait for their response!

Topstar711
11-28-2012, 05:50 PM
hi guys, I have the same problem. I wrote to the customer service an e-mail, unfortunately, still no answer. If you have news, please post it here.

shop4B8A40C4D
11-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Same thing has happened to me. I've also wrote to customer services.

I think they have over-sold the limited editions by mistake and now instead of admitting they have messed up they are sending out standard versions of the book instead.

viruzFC
11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Same thing has happened to me. I've also wrote to customer services.

I think they have over-sold the limited editions by mistake and now instead of admitting they have messed up they are sending out standard versions of the book instead.

I think that would maybe be ok for some persons if they would had ask us and not simply sending the normal edition for a higher price without notice.

shop4B8A40C4D
11-28-2012, 08:49 PM
I think that would maybe be ok for some persons if they would had ask us and not simply sending the normal edition for a higher price without notice.

I think it is totally wrong that they have done this.They should have sent a message to each customer who had ordered the limited edition and told them they had sold out.

It does seem to take quite a while for them to investigate things as well.

Avagantamoz
11-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Got the collectors edition strategy guide which was said to include some special art and a hardcover. I was indeed a hardcover book but I see no art anywhere aside from the little pictures of weapons and such next to text.

shop4B8A40C4D
11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Hope we get an answer to this soon. Not heard back from customer services yet but i'll give them another 24 hours before i update my message.

zontex
11-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I think we will never get a reply because Ubisoft don't have them!?

shop4B8A40C4D
11-30-2012, 04:25 PM

Have you finsihed your investigation?

montagemik
11-30-2012, 05:23 PM
A refund of the difference is not an option....I want what I preordered.

I Agree with your statement - The standard version was not neccessarily the whole reason you made your purchase.
If they said you may only receive the standard version for a cheaper price - It's reasonable that you wouldn't have bought it at the time.

I Pre-ordered Join or die edition of the game & due to GAME screwing up or outright misleading it's customers - I was left with no copy on launch day - Wait 2 weeks or buy Special edition was my only option. I went for special edition - but got a white Dualshock 3 pad & Connor hunter figurine FREE as Compensation for inconvenience.

zontex
11-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Sounds good but I don't think they throw out a hundreds of figurines or something else there are too much customers who pre-ordered the book and got nothing.
Or at least they should do it when I think of all the trouble they made to customers after every single PC release with their f*c*i*g Uplay-Service.

Poodle_of_Doom
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM

Between this, and not delievering like they seemingly promised on the last two games.... I could understand how someone might consider this.

hi guys, I have the same problem. I wrote to the customer service an e-mail, unfortunately, still no answer. If you have news, please post it here.

Are you keeping your fingers crossed like the rest of us have had for the last two games?

I think it is totally wrong that they have done this.They should have sent a message to each customer who had ordered the limited edition and told them they had sold out.

It does seem to take quite a while for them to investigate things as well.

Of course, you assume they actually are... See below:

I think we will never get a reply because Ubisoft don't have them!?

Have you finsihed your investigation?

zontex
11-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Nice blog post regarding this issue, ordered 10 LE and got 10 SE.

http://www.collectingasylum.com/

shop4B8A40C4D
11-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Wow, it would be interesting to know if there is anybody out there would actually received a collectors edition art book as it doesn't seem like it.

It's just the frustration of waiting anything between 2-7 days for an answer each time ( i haven't wasted my time on ringing up about it).

Has anyone experience of getting their money refunded by ubisoft? I hope that doesn't take another month.

zontex
11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Until today, there is no onewho got the limited edition Art Book from the Ubisoft Store,

Poodle_of_Doom
12-01-2012, 04:47 AM
You assume everyone is telling the truth....

montagemik
12-01-2012, 04:59 AM
You assume everyone is telling the truth....

What's this PROMISE you got in the last 2 games you keep mentioning ?

Black_Widow9
12-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Please ensure if you have a problem with your order from Ubishop that you contact them directly.
https://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/DisplayContactFormPage/ThemeID.8605600#bottomForm

This is the best way to resolve your problem.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-01-2012, 06:46 AM
What's this PROMISE you got in the last 2 games you keep mentioning ?

Do you really wish for me to put a conceeded effort into this?

montagemik
12-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Do you really wish for me to put a conceeded effort into this?

Just the accurate QUOTE from the the Developers would suffice .

Poodle_of_Doom
12-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Just the accurate QUOTE from the the Developers would suffice .

Okay... fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PP32Oxq7QI

0:00-1:40
Combat system is updated. Attacks are simultaneous. - Truth be known,... I saw a vauge similarity to other games, which they readily admit in the same segment exists. Combat system was supposed to be updated, which is why the question is asked. Obviously it hasn't been changed at the fundemental.

@5:40-6:03
He's asked if there are any tie ins. He says no. How ever, Liberation actually helps explain the ending of AC3, in the sense that it doubly confirms things.

I'm sorry.... I'm a little tired to nit pick right now.... and 6:03 is all the farther I went. Do you want more.... I could do more tomorrow sometime possibly.

montagemik
12-01-2012, 07:51 AM
I Failed to see the PROMISE you say you were given over the last 2 games in any of that pointless interview . :confused:

Poodle_of_Doom
12-01-2012, 07:58 AM
I am tired. I apologize. However... the combat system has been redefined. That's what inspred the question about it. There was a specific response about how it was changed, but was promptly described as being similar. I failed to see any real difference.

Mr. Hutchenson said there were no tie ins. There actually are. I don't know how clean cut you want it at this point.

Lowly Assassin
12-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Update ubîshop did not receive any copies of the limited edition
I has proof but I'm busy maybe later

Poodle_of_Doom
12-01-2012, 08:35 AM
ooookkkayyy,....?

Lowly Assassin
12-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Sporty I had too go to work
I got a message from ubishop customer service here is the expedited version

Unfortunately, what was shipped was the standard edition, we are still awaiting information regarding the Limited Editions of the Artbook.

Lowly Assassin
12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Off topic
I am split on the combat system being overhaulel
The combat control scheme and animations where overhauled
But I experienced multiple enemies attacking at once in all assassin's creed games, although there was not any way of countering multiple enemies attacks at once until 3, the same issue existed with UBisoft games as long ago as the prince of Persia: the sands of time

Lowly Assassin
12-01-2012, 09:25 AM
This is what was advertised
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0005/9722/products/assasinscreediii_slipcasepackshot_large.jpg
Notice the different dust
Additional slip cover/ cardboard box/case for the book
The 2 art prints

This is what was delivered
http://dyn4.media.titanbooks.com/products/6661/AC3_jktfront_1.jpg

shop4B8A40C4D
12-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Hmmm so it continues.

So they never had the limited edition art books and they have sent out the standard ones. Seems like they are either trying to pull a fast one or it's a complete break down in comunication.

HOPEFULLY this will get sorted out before Christmas ha, but i doubt it.

Lowly Assassin
12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
It is unclear how many people ordered from them
And whether there are enough limited editions left with the supplier to fill their orders

What I believe has happened is ubishop wanted the limited edition
Somebody in purchasing department looked at the title on a order form and just saw "assassins cried 3 art of" and instead of questioning why ubishop requested x copies of the more expensive version
The purchaser brought the cheaper version and thought nothing more of it
As on an order form or spread sheet there is not enough space to fit
"Assassin's creed 3 art of Limited Edition"
And the people in the packaging department just pick and pack what they are told
It may have been the case that somebody was trying to sort it out internally and return all there standards for limited editions
But an executive of sorts would have made the decision that even the wrong art book is better then no art book
And then the general business standpoint is if no body complains then everybody is happy
And if somebody complains then you sort the problem
Now agreed that is not the way companies and businesses represent themselves but it is in general how businesses are run

So they are keeping a tally of complaints and weighing up there reputation vs the expense of replacing the standard art book with the limited edition art book at a loss
So simply complaining about your book does not cut it
You have to explain the effects of you being happy to the company reputation

lothario-da-be
12-01-2012, 12:18 PM
they don't even update ubishop, you can still buy the 'limited artbook' :confused:

Lowly Assassin
12-01-2012, 12:21 PM
they don't even update ubishop, you can still buy the 'limited artbook' :confused:

Link please
So I can inform the right people
As I could not find the link

NoScruffyNo
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
This has happened to me as well, and i have hardly received a response by Email. The customer service is terrible, I think its appalling that the only way i can get a reply is by ringing a fairly expensive phone line.

I don't think refunding the art book will be good enough and unless something is sorted then i defiantly will not be using the Ubishop again. Worst Customer Service Ever.

lothario-da-be
12-01-2012, 06:00 PM
i would be nice if they gave us all 25 euro to spend in the ubishop:p

pacmanate
12-01-2012, 06:56 PM
One does not simply lie to their customers.

O WAIT.

HAI UBISOFT

lothario-da-be
12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
One does not simply lie to their customers.

O WAIT.

HAI UBISOFT
i see what you did here :p

shop4B8A40C4D
12-02-2012, 12:56 PM
i would be nice if they gave us all 25 euro to spend in the ubishop:p

I think i would prefer them to give us money to spend somwhere else ha. I just do not have any trust in them now. It would be nice if they gave us something for compensation though.

pacmanate
12-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Amazing, no one from Ubisoft has come here to help you guys!

shop4B8A40C4D
12-02-2012, 01:39 PM

Don't worry everyone it's being investigated ha.

I'm still waiting to hear back from customer services but i'm not holding my breath. Really disappointed that there haven't been more people from ubi keeping us up to date though.

zontex
12-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Please ensure if you have a problem with your order from Ubishop that you contact them directly.
https://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/DisplayContactFormPage/ThemeID.8605600#bottomForm

This is the best way to resolve your problem.

Funny, that is exactly what I did directly after I got the wrong item.

I contacted the shop support on "27/11/2012" and until now I didn't got a response.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-03-2012, 04:31 PM
so anybody heard back from support about this problem?

I messaged them on the 28th of November and still not heard from them.

Hello Ubisoft! Is there anybody out there?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Nope... They're done.... ACIII was the end, remember? What do they care now?

montagemik
12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
So you guys messaged them on 27th / 28th November & Because there's NO direct response & conclusion to your problem WITHIN 5-6 Days (including a weekend ) :rolleyes:
IT's a global conspiracy to rob everyone ???

They've processed & checked all the complaints in 5-6 days i'm sure , even though many of the distribution depots involved in this process Do nothing at weekends .

zontex
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
even though many of the distribution depots involved in this process Do nothing at weekends .

They better should do....if Ubisoft want to have a good image again....but I think that is totally messed up....once again....and forever.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
So you guys messaged them on 27th / 28th November & Because there's NO direct response & conclusion to your problem WITHIN 5-6 Days (including a weekend ) :rolleyes:

They've processed & checked all the complaints in 5-6 days i'm sure , even though many of the distribution depots involved in this process Do nothing at weekends .

Let people complain. This is a good way to handle the problem anyway. All these messages are being stored on a server somewhere. That costs money. All the traffic to the forums, particularly this message, use bandwidth (you'd be surprised what it would take to run a single forum post). That to costs money.

So yeah.... let them keep it up. For every day this continues, it will continue to cost Ubisoft money, not to mention, ruin their image and lower their future profit margins.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 06:10 PM
3,000,000 x $60 = I think they'll survive . :rolleyes:

shop4B8A40C4D
12-03-2012, 07:13 PM

It's not just the last six days though.

I pre-ordered the Freedom edition of the game and the limited edition art book. I chose ubisoft as i thought they would be my best hope of getting the day on the day of release ( or at least day after ). Ubi ballsed this up though and i didn't get my game until about 10 days after the day of release.

I was never given any explanation for this even though i messaged them numerous times.

Then onto the art book. I messaged them about this and they got back to me about 8 days later explaining that the release date had been put back ( i was never told this ) and then later that day the book was dispatched. Fast forward a few days and i was the proud owner of a standard edition art book i could have bought from amazon for cheaper.

So you see, its over a month of frustration not just a few days.

Not having a go at you, just explaining things from my end.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 07:35 PM
It's not just the last six days though.

I pre-ordered the Freedom edition of the game and the limited edition art book. I chose ubisoft as i thought they would be my best hope of getting the day on the day of release ( or at least day after ). Ubi ballsed this up though and i didn't get my game until about 10 days after the day of release.

I was never given any explanation for this even though i messaged them numerous times.

Then onto the art book. I messaged them about this and they got back to me about 8 days later explaining that the release date had been put back ( i was never told this ) and then later that day the book was dispatched. Fast forward a few days and i was the proud owner of a standard edition art book i could have bought from amazon for cheaper.

So you see, its over a month of frustration not just a few days.

Not having a go at you, just explaining things from my end.

As you didn't message them on the 27th / 28th my post wasn't replying to you - WAS IT ?

& As you say you received a reply 8 Days later ...............it seems 5-6 days ISN'T long enough to expect a reply - LIKE I SAID.
I didn't receive my join or die edition on launch day from Game ...........But the world still turns & didn't end after all.

zontex
12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I though Ibuy directly from Ubisoft to support them (all of my money directly to them) but the next time I will buy from another retailer or onlineshop to avoid such a shame.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
As you didn't message them on the 27th / 28th my post wasn't replying to you - WAS IT ?

& As you say you received a reply 8 Days later ...............it seems 5-6 days ISN'T long enough to expect a reply - LIKE I SAID.
I didn't receive my join or die edition on launch day from Game ...........But the world still turns & didn't end after all.

Well yes i did last message them on the 28th of November. No need to be rude with your capitals.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Well yes i did last message them on the 28th of November. No need to be rude with your capitals.

Oh , i'm sorry if you think my Capitals are Shouting or Rude - I use all Capitals in order to EMPHASISE certain words or points - Not to indicate shouting or rudeness - but because Not everyone on forums uses English as their 1st language .
So often SIMPLE points are completely missed if not emphasised.

SORRY .

shop4B8A40C4D
12-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Oh , i'm sorry if you think my Capitals are Shouting or Rude - I use all Capitals in order to EMPHASISE certain words or points - Not to indicate shouting or rudeness - but because Not everyone on forums uses English as their 1st language .
So often SIMPLE points are completely missed if not emphasised.

SORRY .

Apology accepted.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
3,000,000 x $60 = I think they'll survive . :rolleyes:

Yeah... but you fail to understand that it's more than the cost of the books now. And they should be realizing that to.

montagemik
12-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Yeah... but you fail to understand that it's more than the cost of the books now. And they should be realizing that to.

You , as a customer had a choice where to purchase your product .
When the seller failed to deliver their end of the bargain - ie , Deliver the correct product ON TIME . You then had the option of instantly contacting them asking for a refund - You chose to wait - keep the incorrect bundle you received & use it for a month.
You've played the game - you've looked at the book ..............So now your options are Wait for compensation - IF ANY at all will even be offered .

You had lots of choice from beginning to end of this process - You opted to keep the wrong item & play the campaign against the company game instead.
I'm sorry for you honestly ,
But if i'd paid for something & been given something else - It goes back unused instantly .

They're a global business - you're just 1 of millions - you're upset - they'll survive.
You now have a consumer choice to buy & use their services & products in future - OR NOT.

Lightpex
12-04-2012, 03:14 AM
The UbiWorkShop is trash. I pre-ordered my AC# UbiWorkShop Edition from them October 3rd.
After a 2 week delay on the package, it finally arrived at my doorstep.

But, while I was anxiously waiting my game I had waited a year to get, I decided to order the Limited Edition off Amazon. It got there the next day. I only ordered it after I confirmed with UbiWS that I could return the package to get a refund. When It arrived, I told UPS I refused the package and asked him if I could return it, my reply was of course.
It is now December the 3rd, and I have not gotten my $100's back. I emailed UbiWS multiple times asking where my money was, only to just recently get a reply 5 days ago saying this:

Dear ******

I just want to make sure everything is clear during the return process.
As for now your return request has been accepted and we are currently waiting for the box.
As soon as we get it, we will be able to refund you.

Did you get a tracking number when you made your return shipment? If so, this would be nice if we can have it.

I am sorry if there was confusion during this process.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Sincerely,
Jean-Daniel Pagé

Well, I did contact "them" immediately after explaining what I just said in the above. I have still not received a response.
This is the WORST customer service I have ever gotten. It's down right pitiful for a company at THIS scale. Can anyone relate or is this JUST me.

A dedicated AC fan,
Still out $100's,
-Lightpex

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2012, 03:31 AM
You , as a customer had a choice where to purchase your product .
When the seller failed to deliver their end of the bargain - ie , Deliver the correct product ON TIME . You then had the option of instantly contacting them asking for a refund - You chose to wait - keep the incorrect bundle you received & use it for a month.
You've played the game - you've looked at the book ..............So now your options are Wait for compensation - IF ANY at all will even be offered .

You had lots of choice from beginning to end of this process - You opted to keep the wrong item & play the campaign against the company game instead.
I'm sorry for you honestly ,
But if i'd paid for something & been given something else - It goes back unused instantly .

They're a global business - you're just 1 of millions - you're upset - they'll survive.
You now have a consumer choice to buy & use their services & products in future - OR NOT.

You have a series of faulty assumptions in that statement. First, you assume the original seller is someone other than the Ubishop. Second of all, you assume that I've not contacted them in lue of waiting. Third, you actually assumed that I've used the faulty product, led alone for an entire month. Fourth of all, and this is the real biggy for me, you actually assume that I am an actual customer. No where, in any of my previous posts did I ever claim to be, or suggest, that I was a customer.

Black_Widow9
12-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Update! Please make sure you do the following to get this issue resolved.

UbiShop will be addressing each complaint as it is received, so if anyone experiences this problem, please contact UbiShop Customer Support at shop.ubi.com/help (http://shop.ubi.com/help)

shop4B8A40C4D
12-04-2012, 09:57 AM

UbiShop will be addressing each complaint as it is received, so if anyone experiences this problem, please contact UbiShop Customer Support at shop.ubi.com/help (http://shop.ubi.com/help)

I have done this on the 28th of November but as of yet i have not heard back from them. Are you saying that when they do contact me it will be with an answer to this issue?As in the past with other problems i didn't actually recieve an answer.

Thanks

zontex
12-04-2012, 02:05 PM

DONE ON 27th November!
NO REPLY till today!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Keep posting on the forums folks. Keep in contact with them. Don't let them off the hook.

Lightpex
12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Keep posting on the forums folks. Keep in contact with them. Don't let them off the hook.

Oh trust me, I plan to. I work hard for my money, when it is kept from me without reason, well, its not a good feeling. It honestly feels like I'm being cheated by the company I love so much. Also, my purchase was at the UbiWORKSHOP. NOT the Uplay store.
It's really stupid.. :/

Still no reply.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Well looks like another day has come and gone without any explanation. Fingers crossed we hear something tomorrow as for me i messaged them last on the 28th so this is the seventh day ( 5 working days if they don't work weekends) and others have messaged them before this.

My fear is they will just message us saying they are currently investigating the situation, then it will be another week of waiting probably.

zontex
12-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Well looks like another day has come and gone without any explanation. Fingers crossed we hear something tomorrow as for me i messaged them last on the 28th so this is the seventh day ( 5 working days if they don't work weekends) and others have messaged them before this.

My fear is they will just message us saying they are currently investigating the situation, then it will be another week of waiting probably.

Or they are not answering and hoping we forgot about it.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Yep... as long as you all keep sending emails, visiting this thread, and posting, it'll drive up their bandwidth costs. Keep this in mind during your efforts. YOU ARE COSTING THEM MONEY BY TRYING TO GET YOURS BACK!

Black_Widow9
12-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Or they are not answering and hoping we forgot about it.
This is definitely not the case. They will contact you.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2012, 01:21 AM
O'rly?

shop4B8A40C4D
12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Anybody heard back from Ubisoft yet?

After messaging them on the 28th II haven't had a response from them yet. I hope i hear from them in the next couple of days as i doubt they will do anything over the weekend.

Someone at Ubi must know something.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I see Forbidden Planet have some in stock.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/92609-the-art-of-assassins-creed-3-limited-edition-hardcover/

shop4B8A40C4D
12-05-2012, 09:44 PM
After browsing another forum it seems a lot of people are in the same boat, being sent the standard version instead of the limited one. When people have contacted ubisoft about this they get the same generic robotic response of "apologies, we sent out the standard edition, we are investigating this blah blah". Some of those responses from ubi were from the end of November so surely they must know what the problem is and can put us out of our misery.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Opened a Paypal dispute now so we shall see where that gets me.

Anybody reading this thread, please do not buy direct from Ubisoft, their customer service is very very poor.

zontex
12-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah it's reall funny.

It is over a week now since the people started compaining and Ubisoft isn't doing anything!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Opened a Paypal dispute now so we shall see where that gets me.

Anybody reading this thread, please do not buy direct from Ubisoft, their customer service is very very poor.

Might as well use the tools at your disposal since your not getting anywhere right?

shop4B8A40C4D
12-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Thought i'd bump this thread to keep it near the top. Still not head back from support but the day is fairly young i guess.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Thought i'd bump this thread to keep it near the top. Still not head back from support but the day is fairly young i guess.

Good Luck....

montagemik
12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Less than 10 people here with this issue & that makes it worthy of Bumping as front page news :confused:

Darn , that's a real global issue right there - Have you contacted the U.N withis problem. Somebody should before it gets worse.

zontex
12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Why you don't stop doing your ******** here when you don't have that problem?

montagemik
12-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Why you don't stop doing your ******** here when you don't have that problem?

Why don't you have some cheese with your Whine ?

This is a GENERAL DISCUSSION board - You're not Discussing Anything - You're B****ing at Ubisoft instead of using the proper channels & dealing with it like an adult .
You've had a response from mods on this subject - WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ?

Instant refund ? - replacement within next 24hrs ? ................Not gonna happen - you not bright enough to see repeating your rant daily is changing nothing ?

LOL a lot .

shop4B8A40C4D
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Why don't you have some cheese with your Whine ?

This is a GENERAL DISCUSSION board - You're not Discussing Anything - You're B****ing at Ubisoft instead of using the proper channels & dealing with it like an adult .
You've had a response from mods on this subject - WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ?

Instant refund ? - replacement within next 24hrs ? ................Not gonna happen - you not bright enough to see repeating your rant daily is changing nothing ?

LOL a lot .

You're a bit of a tool aren't you? Don't bother answering the answer is yes

montagemik
12-06-2012, 10:28 PM
YOU MAD ?? ............ Get some perspective .

shop4B8A40C4D
12-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Ha not at all.

I've decided to abandon my quest for assassins creed art book justice and plan to dedicate my life to helping the needy.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2012, 04:49 AM
YOU MAD ?? ............ Get some perspective .

So tell me again, what difference does it make to you? What makes you so righteous as to come in here demanding that we stop? Seriously, I don't even have this problem. But, I enjoy the drama,... So sit back, relax, and enjoy the entertainment while it lasts.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Another day is almost over so that will make it 10 days since i messaged support about this issue. Now i realise they are probably busy but come on this is taking the piss.

They wont do anything over this weekend so that will be another 2 days. All i ask for is an answer to why i was sent the wrong product and is there a chance of gettng the correct one. If not then lets start the process(probably long and drawn out) of getting a refund.

lothario-da-be
12-07-2012, 06:47 PM
I guess they are stolen too.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Guys, please be civil to each other, anymore insults, infractions will be handed out and this thread closed.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Guys, please be civil to each other, anymore insults, infractions will be handed out and this thread closed.

nice to see that wil come on to this thead to add your 3 cents but what has happened with your supposed investigation?

You said you were investigating this situation so what are your findings? I would love to know.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-09-2012, 04:59 AM

I'd like to know where the insult was....

Black_Widow9
12-09-2012, 05:18 AM
nice to see that wil come on to this thead to add your 3 cents but what has happened with your supposed investigation?

You said you were investigating this situation so what are your findings? I would love to know.
Apparently you missed this post?

I'd like to know where the insult was....
I think you need to read the last two pages.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-09-2012, 05:26 AM

I got you....

shop4B8A40C4D
12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Apparently you missed this post?

I and other people have done exactly that. We've contacted support about the problem but have not heard back from them.

Personally i messaged them about it on the 28th of November and now it is the 9th.

What would be a reasonable amount of time to wait would you say? Should i wait for 2 weeks?Three weeks?a month?

Ubisoft know what the problem is, they never had any limited editions so instead of telling us they just sent out standard ones but they dont have the courtesy to come out and tell us.

shop4B8A40C4D
12-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Another day and still no reply from ubisoft support. So tomorrow evening it will be two weeks since i contacted them.

Keep up the good work Ubisoft, you're a class act.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
So,... um,.... what happens if they don't contact anyone?

shop4B8A40C4D
12-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Two weeks now and still nothing.

I'm amazed somebody from Ubisoft hasn't seen this thread and asked some questions to get to the bottom of this.

I'm almost convinced I'll never hear back from them.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Two weeks now and still nothing.

I'm amazed somebody from Ubisoft hasn't seen this thread and asked some questions to get to the bottom of this.

I'm almost convinced I'll never hear back from them.

At this point, I'm wondering what could be done about it......

shop4B8A40C4D
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
At this point, I'm wondering what could be done about it......

I don't think they will really do anything about it. At best they will message back saying there was an error and offer their apologies and that will be it. I would not trust them to to give me a refund within a reasonable amount of time though.

As we have seen with the moderators on this forum, they don't really care. They just come out with the usual " they will get back to you" nonsense. I'll die of old age before they bother to message me back.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't think they will really do anything about it. At best they will message back saying there was an error and offer their apologies and that will be it. I would not trust them to to give me a refund within a reasonable amount of time though.

As we have seen with the moderators on this forum, they don't really care. They just come out with the usual " they will get back to you" nonsense. I'll die of old age before they bother to message me back.

No, no, no. I don't think you understand....

shop4B8A40C4D
12-12-2012, 07:19 PM
15 days and no reply.

Is this piss poor customer service typical, Ubisoft?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-13-2012, 04:52 AM
15 days and no reply.

Is this piss poor customer service typical, Ubisoft?

I wonder, is anyone else still having this problem?

shop4B8A40C4D
12-13-2012, 08:59 PM
After 16 long days i have finally heard back from Ubisoft customer services regarding the art book situation. Here's what they had to say:

The issue is currently under investigation. We will get back to you when we have more information.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Tom.
Ubisoft Technical Support.

It's STILL under investigation? Hmm right. What a load of bull. They're never going to tell us are they? Ha ridiculous.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Email them a link of this thread and see what they say.

viruzFC
12-16-2012, 02:40 PM
They are still not replying either by mail or phone.....

Poodle_of_Doom
12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
They are still not replying either by mail or phone.....

And how many days has it been for you?

shop4B8A40C4D
12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Had another email from support and this time they say I can have a refund if I post the books back to them.

I'm sorry but after all this I don't trust them to not screw it up.

I didn't actually ask them for a refund in my latest messageI just wanted to know how this situation happened and whether there was a chance
at getting The limited edition one.
I don't understand why they are so reluctant to talk about it.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Had another email from support and this time they say I can have a refund if I post the books back to them.

I'm sorry but after all this I don't trust them to not screw it up.

I didn't actually ask them for a refund in my latest messageI just wanted to know how this situation happened and whether there was a chance
at getting The limited edition one.
I don't understand why they are so reluctant to talk about it.

Well if you do send it back for a refund, make sure you send it back in certified mail, with a return receipt. Then you can prove they got it. Of course, save all your emails. How many days does this make now?