PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Guild Challenges - Bombs

Barneyboy69
11-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Can someone help me out?

I am currently going through the Bomb Challenges. I can cope with pretty well most of them except 2.

No. 1

One of the requirements is to "Craft a bomb with every shell type".

There are only 4 shell types so this must be fairly straightforward - not!

The shell types are: Fuse Shell, Impact, Trip Wire and Stick Pouch.

I believe I have done this and used them but the item is not checking off - am I doing it wrong? What is the correct way to achieve this challenge?

No. 2

There is another requirement to "Craft 1 bomb of each effect type.

We know there are 10 effect types: Caltrop, Lamb's Blood, Shrapnel, Salt of Petra, Phosphorus, Datura, Coal Dust, Skunk Oil, Sulfur and Pyrite Coins.

I have used all of these across the variety of bomb types and shell types but it still showing unchecked in the DNA.

It seems strange and illogical because one of the other challenges, "Use every bomb effect twice" has checked, so one would rightfully assume that to achieve this challenge I would have had to have succeeded in "Crafting at least 1 bomb of each effect".

So am I doing it correctly? What is the correct way of achieving this challenge?

Obviously these are important to achieving 100% synch and opening up other opportunities in the game, so I really want to complete them.

I look forward to anybod's help!

BTHRZero
11-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Well this a list I made for the Shells and Gunpowder and Type

Impact shell : Indian gunpowder : Shrapnel
Impact shell : Arabic gunpowder : Shrapnel
Impact shell : British gunpowder : Shrapnel

Fuse shell : Indian gunpowder : Shrapnel
Fuse shell : Arabic gunpowder : Shrapnel
Fuse shell : British gunpowder : Shrapnel

Trip wire : Indian gunpowder : Shrapnel
Trip wire : Arabic gunpowder : Shrapnel
Trip wire : British gunpowder : Shrapnel

Sticky pouch : Indian gunpowder : Shrapnel
Sticky pouch : Arabic gunpowder : Shrapnel
Sticky pouch : British gunpowder : Shrapnel

Impact shell : Indian gunpowder : Datura Powder
Impact shell : Arabic gunpowder : Datura Powder
Impact shell : British gunpowder : Datura Powder

Fuse shell : Indian gunpowder : Datura Powder
Fuse shell : Arabic gunpowder : Datura Powder
Fuse shell : British gunpowder : Datura Powder

Trip wire : Indian gunpowder : Datura Powder
Trip wire : Arabic gunpowder : Datura Powder
Trip wire : British gunpowder : Datura Powder

Sticky pouch : Indian gunpowder : Datura Powder
Sticky pouch : Arabic gunpowder : Datura Powder
Sticky pouch : British gunpowder : Datura Powder

Impact shell : Indian gunpowder : Coal Dust
Impact shell : Arabic gunpowder : Coal Dust
Impact shell : British gunpowder : Coal Dust

Fuse shell : Indian gunpowder : Coal Dust
Fuse shell : Arabic gunpowder : Coal Dust
Fuse shell : British gunpowder : Coal Dust

Trip wire : Indian gunpowder : Coal Dust
Trip wire : Arabic gunpowder : Coal Dust
Trip wire : British gunpowder : Coal Dust

Sticky pouch : Indian gunpowder : Coal Dust
Sticky pouch : Arabic gunpowder : Coal Dust
Sticky pouch : British gunpowder : Coal Dust

And so forth with each type of effect : Lamb's Blood, Caltrops, Phosphorus, Skunk Oil, Sulfer, Salt of Petra And Pyrite Coins.

Barneyboy69
11-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Blimey!

I didn't expect that!

BTHRZero, this list is very extensive. Are you certain that this is what needs to be input when crafting the bombs to achieve the challenges?

I've had a hunt around You Tube and there are some low grade videos (but very informative), describing the procedure in detail. Evidently there is some kind of glitch that has to be overcome. To do this you have to clear out all bomb information and start from scratch by constructing one bomb at a time with a different casing, (in the first instance), and closing the cupboard before starting another.

The same goes for the effects. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey, as they say!

I'll give it a try tomorrow sometime and let you know here of what the outcome is.

Thanks for all of your efforts anyway. It's obvious I'm not the only one to have trouble with this one.

Barneyboy69
11-28-2012, 06:45 PM
I have actually done it following the advice on You Tube given by jediant1.

You have to craft the bombs one at a time with a different effect each go and then come out of the cabinet press R2 and X (for PS3) and add another bomb of the same kind. You don't need to choose a different shell or casing or a different gunpowder type - just change the effect.

You can also follow the same procedure for the shells to - it works just the same. Just change the casing and leave the rest the same.

It must be some sort of glitch that prevents you doing it the logical way.

Mith-
01-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I have actually done it following the advice on You Tube given by jediant1.

You have to craft the bombs one at a time with a different effect each go and then come out of the cabinet press R2 and X (for PS3) and add another bomb of the same kind. You don't need to choose a different shell or casing or a different gunpowder type - just change the effect.

You can also follow the same procedure for the shells to - it works just the same. Just change the casing and leave the rest the same.

It must be some sort of glitch that prevents you doing it the logical way.

Tried this and still dont work for me. Play at windows 8.1 steam, also tried to play offline and still nothing, anyone else may have a solution for my case?

mwoodhead
01-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Tried this and still dont work for me. Play at windows 8.1 steam, also tried to play offline and still nothing, anyone else may have a solution for my case?

Not sure about Windows 8.1, but you don't have to go through all possible combinations.
The key is the crafting has to be done in the weapon wheel menu, not in the crafting table menu. Stupid, but that seems to be what triggers the challenge.

Go to a crafting table in the city (not in an assassins den) and create ONE bomb each for the lethal, tactical and diversion pouches with the bomb effect and then exit the crafting table.
Once out of the crafting table bring up the weapon wheel, select each pouch and add a bomb to it. Go back to the table, change the effect on each pouch and repeat the add bomb outside the crafting table until you have all 10 effects. This works for the shell types challenge as well.

Gezesh_Rahl
01-19-2014, 12:06 AM
I have the same problem. I've read that last patch glitched this challenge, so if you have a Uplay version of ACR, you shoud try uninstalling the game then install it and run without patching it. And then complete the challenges and update the game
Sadly, I have a Steam version of ACR and it automatically downloads the latest version so I can't complete the challenge. And i know that Ubi will never fix it, Sad but true =\

Xeevoox
06-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Here is resolution for PC Version by Ubisoft Game Launcher maybe function for other platforms:

Reinstall Game. Go to Game Folder and start file ACRSP.exe to skip Autoupdate.
The fine with this is that your other progressions is still there when you
start the game by sync cloud.

You have to craft the bombs one at a time with a different effect each
also for shell type one at time.

Anykeyer
06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Yes, you can fix this by degrading your game version but there is a faster solution posted above:

Not sure about Windows 8.1, but you don't have to go through all possible combinations.
The key is the crafting has to be done in the weapon wheel menu, not in the crafting table menu. Stupid, but that seems to be what triggers the challenge.

Go to a crafting table in the city (not in an assassins den) and create ONE bomb each for the lethal, tactical and diversion pouches with the bomb effect and then exit the crafting table.
Once out of the crafting table bring up the weapon wheel, select each pouch and add a bomb to it. Go back to the table, change the effect on each pouch and repeat the add bomb outside the crafting table until you have all 10 effects. This works for the shell types challenge as well.

TazmanianDL
11-11-2016, 02:18 AM
I want to add a note here as well since I had this problem and none of the solutions above worked for me. I've played this game a number of times and the last time I played, doing a "quick" craft of the bombs from the weapon menu seemed to be the trick but this time I played, that didn't work.

I had to downgrade my game version to complete the challenge but that wasn't all that easy either. Fortunately I have the game on physical disc. I installed the game from disc and disabled all the auto-updates in both the UPlay main setting as well as the game specific settings but UPlay appeared to download the updates anyway (I forgot to try offline mode so maybe that would work) and I couldn't get the challenge. Before I ran the game, I made a copy of my installed game directory (that only had the content from disc). Then after I let UPlay update the game, I copied over all the files from the original location with the exception of the uplay_install.state and version.bin files.

Then I ran the ACRSP.exe file directly. This time, it did not force a download of updated files. I went to a crafting station and after crafting each bomb shell and effect type, I completed the challenge. I did complete the challenge immediately on exiting the crafting station; I didn't even need to use the quick menu to do the crafting. With that done, I used the "Verify Files" function in UPlay to get back to the patched version and now I'm good.

broken1bones
08-13-2017, 04:57 PM
i found a way to get past the glitch, if you get too far into the story the glitch will come and mess up the bomb challenges, however I have found a way to get past this. Even if you have already beat the story. First, get each effect type from Piri. Second, go to the DNA section in the menu and go to sequence 3 memory 5, A familiar face. Then, go find the nearest bomb crafting station and make each effect type. This memory is just after you learn how to craft bombs. This worked for me so I'm sorry if for some reason it wont work for you guys

sebawolf82
05-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Use the "crafting table menu" to create one bomb... then, use the "weapon wheel menu" to add another one of the same type (PS4 = press R1 and select the bomb, do not release R1, press X to add one more bomb, release R1).

That's how I did it!

guest-iNJzVcRG
06-03-2018, 01:39 PM
i found a way to get past the glitch, if you get too far into the story the glitch will come and mess up the bomb challenges, however I have found a way to get past this. Even if you have already beat the story. First, get each effect type from Piri. Second, go to the DNA section in the menu and go to sequence 3 memory 5, A familiar face. Then, go find the nearest bomb crafting station and make each effect type. This memory is just after you learn how to craft bombs. This worked for me so I'm sorry if for some reason it wont work for you guys

This works for me.
Thanks!