PDA

View Full Version : Developers Questions and Answers #1

Ubi-Cali
11-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Greetings Assassins and Templars!

We’re excited to announce that, in an effort to give you more insight about Multiplayer in Assassin’s Creed 3, we are starting a Developers Questions and Answers project.

What is it?
The Developers Q&A will allow for the community to ask their questions to our devs on a regular basis, and we will provide answers to a few questions every time.

How does it work?

We open a sticky thread in which you will be able to ask your question. Choose your question carefully, as we’re limiting this to one question per player. You can also support another player’s question if you wish.
After a few days, we will close and unstick that thread to select ten questions from the community. (Closing date will be announced in the initial message.)
Answers will be posted a few days after in a new thread, which will be stickied on the forums. (Date when answers will be given will be indicated in the initial message.)

Questions guidelines

One question per player. If you have several, remember there will be other chances to ask.
All necessary details for understanding are welcome, but try to keep your question short.
The questions thread is meant for questions – please use relevant threads for feedback or discussion.
Please note that, for the time being, this initiative is only done for our multiplayer mode, so your question should be about multiplayer solely.

For this first Developers Q&A, you have until Monday, December 3rd, 8AM GMT / 12AM PST to ask your question. Answers to selected questions will be given by Monday, December 10th, 4PM GMT / 8AM PST.

Keeping this in mind, please go ahead and ask your question by replying this thread!

willemenmerlijn
11-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Can you tell us something about the DLC-Characters that will be released for Multiplayer: When, Who they will be and if the DLC's will feature more females, I Want More >:D

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
This question is for the Pistol ability. Will there be any changes to the Pistol in future patches? Because, as of now you can score very high with its attached bonuses and variety, it can be quick scoped it to avoid focusing it and in some cases avoid the notification sound all together (which gives shield, one of the most obvious counters, no time to be deployed), and has no sound after its fired unless youre the user (this was useful in teammodes where you could hear a teammate get shot and know that the opposing team had gun in their arsenal).

That is all. Ill update it with grammatical stuff and such as i see fit later.

Thank you for offering this chance to the community. You guys are doing a terrific job on this support.

cruzateu
11-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Are you going to take out the HUGE red arrow above our head(for our targets view) when we stun someone? It was patched out in ACR...

PRINCE........
11-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Why did you remove drop-stuns?

Demon.King.
11-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Why did you remove the ability to change targets in Artifact Assault?

This really annoys me, as basically whoever enters your territory first will be your main target until they leave or die, and then it goes down in order. Often this means that you are in line of sight or proximity to other players, but because their portraits are much smaller it is harder to tell or you aren't aware. Not only this, but you should be able to switch and target specific players, and certain players employ certain tactics and sometimes you would be better off dealing with trickier players first. As it is now, I am only given the identity of the first player in our territory.

It's very annoying since as a purely AA player my strategy used to rely heavily on target switching to pick priority targets...now all they need to do is send in a decoy on the border and the enemy team is ruined...

Foofighter V2
11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Why was Corruption and chest capture removed from multiplayer?

SeeknDestroy1318
11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Why does smoke bomb have no delay, or is it really short.... Does it work as intended because many times a player can be almost completely be in their kill/stun animation and the other player can still drop their smoke bomb and it pulls you out.
In ACB it seemed do work better, the player could drop their smoke but they would die or get stunned if the player was in their animation.

Spider Dem0n
11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I want to hear a response to Demon.king please!

DivinexRose
11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Why cant we customize the persona's alternate colors? they are tagged as costumes when they have no unique features other than the obvious color change.

luckyto
11-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Are you going to take out the HUGE RED arrow above our head(for our targets view) when we stun someone? It was patched out in ACR...

Yes, fix the RED/BLUE arrow when stunning. It defeats stealth. Any plans?

And are their plans to fix poison so that you can't be stunned after a poison?

SeeknDestroy1318
11-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes, fix the RED/BLUE arrow when stunning. It defeats stealth. Any plans?

And are their plans to fix poison so that you can't be stunned after a poison?

probably not since their is a challenge a/w stunning/killing after being poisoned.

Evil 5teven
11-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Will you be implementing "competitive clan multiplayer experience", as in clan matchmaking?

najzere
11-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Will you make separate Abstergo Ladders for each mode?

lBamitsMichael
11-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Why did you remove charge and mute, but keep useless abilities like Closure, and even add new useless abilities like Disruption or Moneybomb?

DEADLYxASSAS51N
11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Will there be free dlc's like there was for brotherhood?

Rubble The Dj1
11-27-2012, 07:28 PM
My question is in regards to thrown knives and the latest patch to them. In the patch notes it was said that knives were being made so that if used on a target they cannot get a contested kill. this was something that was really frustrating for me to see sometimes and i was glad for the patch to address yet since patch i have noticed a lot of contested kills occuring anyway after i have knifed someone. Can you please explain the mechanics of knife throwing fully as in if i am high profile does this nullify the no contested kill power, do you have to be approaching from behind for non contested kills or should i be able to approach from the front as well. pls pls pls explain the mechanics behind the knife for us as i want to be able to use it to its fullest potential. Thanks kindly for the opportunity to ask direct questions. :)

Carbiner
11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
What is your general philosophy behind mapmaking? I have nothing but praise for most of the AC3 maps but I would like to know how you came to create them. Castel Gandolfo is one of the best multiplayer maps in any game period, why isn't it used as a primary model for other maps aside from Brewery's DM? Why does Boston Harbor have numerous issues that are largely well designed against in each of the other maps? The second two are more corollaries to the initial question rather than separate questions unto themselves.

stingray10
11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Will you add more kill animations for existing characters?

Rubble The Dj1
11-27-2012, 09:11 PM
will you add more kill animations for existing characters?

this

Godforbid12
11-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Will there be further options of customaztion of our persona's? I'm not talking about costumes from events like the revoloution event we just had I'm talking about the 'Edit Style' tab like will we get more pieces to choose from and customize for a further unique look that says 'This is me.'

dex3108BL
11-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Are you planing to put forest maps in Multiplayer or Naval battles?

Rossko23
11-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Why is Animus Hack so insanely powerful with the points it gives? This contributes to half the reason I really dislike Deathmatch now, despite the shiny merged X button...

PigStuffy77
11-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Why have you decided to limit a game group to start with only 4 players, also would you ever change it back to 8?
Considering this is a bit of a problem for competitive team play.
Or at the very least change it so that in a private match when you invite the other 4 people, the teams will not get mixed up.

UnsparingWord
11-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Questions I support:

Demon King - AA target issue
PigStuffy - Changing groups to 8 or fixing private matches
Both of those MUST Be Fixed!

My Question:
Hopefully you have noticed the huge outrage on this on the forums so, Are there going to be any changes to the 8 person limit on clans on the Assassin's Network?

Simply_Fabulous
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
How are old persona costumes such as The Courtesan and the Deacon going to be released?

Serrachio
11-28-2012, 01:08 AM
When will you be releasing a female character that is a redesigned Hellequin to AC3? Not if, but when.

stinks8
11-28-2012, 01:37 AM
When will you be releasing a female character that is a redesigned Hellequin to AC3? Not if, but when.

I second this statement.

Nejjy
11-28-2012, 02:02 AM
Alliance 2013?

YondaimeFlash
11-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Alliance 2013?

MrKnox122
11-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Are you guys Bring Back Alliances?
Alliances for US Senate 2013

Drybones20008
11-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Why can't you let us leave a mode we didn't ask for? It's really annoying to want to play Assassinate and we get put into a Wanted game and we can't back out right away.

Lethalla
11-28-2012, 02:44 AM
What does the (rage-inducing) message "Your ability ia not available from this position" mean?
I constantly get this message when I am on flat ground. Does it mean my pursuer has already pressed the kill button si it's too late - but if that's te case, why do I die in my smokebomb at other times?
Thanks.

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Why did you remove the ability to change targets in Artifact Assault?

This really annoys me, as basically whoever enters your territory first will be your main target until they leave or die, and then it goes down in order. Often this means that you are in line of sight or proximity to other players, but because their portraits are much smaller it is harder to tell or you aren't aware. Not only this, but you should be able to switch and target specific players, and certain players employ certain tactics and sometimes you would be better off dealing with trickier players first. As it is now, I am only given the identity of the first player in our territory.

It's very annoying since as a purely AA player my strategy used to rely heavily on target switching to pick priority targets...now all they need to do is send in a decoy on the border and the enemy team is ruined...

Where have I seen this post before... :P

100% NEEDS ANSWERING, PLEASE.

This would have been my question, but since it has already been asked...

Are there any plans to buff Disruption? I love the ability but it needs to have a more dramatic effect to be a contender with knives and gun. I love the 10 second duration, but if we could swap aiming time with "effectiveness" or something, and give it a much more intense effect that makes it near impossible to see, I think it would become an awesome ability and generally encourage more variety with abilities. The only people who use it much at the moment are cocky players who know they are not under pressure and are just messing around.

biglesias
11-28-2012, 03:32 AM
I am with Demon King as well, but my question is:

Hopefully you have noticed the huge outrage on this on the forums so, Are there going to be any changes to the 8 person limit on clans on the Assassin's Network?

This is very important Ubisoft. Please look into this.

FusionWhite 01
11-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Any chance you'll remove the ninja dodge from smoke bomb? Or at least explain why this was decided to be a good feature.

gcox222
11-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Are there any plans to have the current DLC characters (Sharpshooter and Redcoat) available to people who don't all ready have them? I'm pretty loyal to my local Gamestop, and while the single player add-ons were nice, I really wanted the Red Coat.

Also, wouldn't it be great to have a DLC that includes all of the previous characters from the AC multiplayer? I miss my Barber and Thief.

Other than that, I'm loving ACIII Multiplayer!

Hidden Legaciez
11-28-2012, 07:02 AM
a request and question, can you please make multiplayer ship battles it would make everyone fall in love with the game

TzTok
11-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Will there be a DLC for old personas?? Like from ACB and ACR??? A lot of people miss the old personas. Nothing wrong with the new ones just everyone misses the old ones.

Mr M8n
11-28-2012, 12:44 PM
When new DLC maps are added in the future, will they be on a separate playlist like they were done before, or will they be integrated with the existing map rotation? I ask because I found it difficult to find matches on the DLC maps playlist since the population was always so low.

SixKeys
11-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Will costume packs be available for PC at some point?

Oxford_of_Dale
11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Please bring back drop stuns, at least when behind the target.

itzy530
11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Why does smoke bomb have no delay, or is it really short.... Does it work as intended because many times a player can be almost completely be in their kill/stun animation and the other player can still drop their smoke bomb and it pulls you out.
In ACB it seemed do work better, the player could drop their smoke but they would die or get stunned if the player was in their animation.

Agree, and while the smoke bomb have like 0.001 seconds delay after activation, the tripwire bomb takes good time before being activated. Still, almost every "hunter" who have walked on my active bomb have gotten the time to twist my neck before being stunned

Feels like you need to balance things a little :/

You should make it possible to leave a game after the map have been choosed. its very anoying when the "server" suddenly changes to another game-mode that you dont want to play at all

Jaanii95
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
This question is for the Pistol ability. Will there be any changes to the Pistol in future patches? Because, as of now you can score very high with its attached bonuses and variety, it can be quick scoped it to avoid focusing it and in some cases avoid the notification sound all together (which gives shield, one of the most obvious counters, no time to be deployed), and has no sound after its fired unless youre the user (this was useful in teammodes where you could hear a teammate get shot and know that the opposing team had gun in their arsenal).

This!
The gun in it's current state is far to op. I don't really mind smokebomb and that dropstun is gone. Which a lot of other players complain about but I feel that gun needs to be nerfed or taken away.

Thanks for making this game better with the support and all! :)

Barcelonaleo
11-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Are there any plans to have the current DLC characters (Sharpshooter and Redcoat) available to people who don't all ready have them? I'm pretty loyal to my local Gamestop, and while the single player add-ons were nice, I really wanted the Red Coat.

Also, wouldn't it be great to have a DLC that includes all of the previous characters from the AC multiplayer? I miss my Barber and Thief.

Other than that, I'm loving ACIII Multiplayer!

I second this

Jaanii95
11-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Or maybe it was the fact that it said ONE question! But you probably didn't bother to read that.

gcox222
11-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Ummm they can pick one question no one expected them to answer all of my questions duh.and if that were the case why did they choose too leave two of my questions on the bored.stop being troll I was talking too important ppl like the devs not you.

Maybe next time, if you're going to break the rules, at least make one post with all of the questions in it?

Collinwood01
11-29-2012, 12:46 AM
I like Lethalla, Mr M8n and Demon Kings questions. My question is will you make it so that we can back out of a game while in the loading screen. More often than not Im put into a game that has already started and I can hear myself getting stunned or killed because Im spawning right next to my pursuer or target while still in the loading screen.

hekatongyros
11-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Simple. In these Events you are putting together will the reward for the Community Challenge ever be a new map?

MikeyH93
11-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Hi guys, I was wondering if you've ever thought of making a variant of each gametype without abilities and perks? Like your Simple Deathmatch gametype.

Vixenaire
11-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Supporting questions that regard:
- DROP STUNS
- 8 PERSON CLAN TAG GROUP LIMIT this is a problem
- AA TARGET SELECTION LIMITATIONS there should be none
- SMOKE DODGING ANIMATIONS and how they're problematic
- Alliance 2013.

Question: Can you or will you ever explain to everyone the mechanics/mathematics behind the Abstergo Ladder/Score - why some people lose points for what appears to be no reason, or at least make a point log that explains each point loss and gain?

& Thankyou for this opportunity. :]

TherionMEC
11-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Is there any intention to fix spawning so that you do not spawn in the line of sight or nearby enemies?

I find that overwhelmingly frequently when I join a match in progress I will spawn and I will already be in the process of being killed or be poisoned. This can be extremely frustrating, and sometimes even will occur on other respawns during a game.

ReptileAssassin
11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Why cant we customize the persona's alternate colors? they are tagged as costumes when they have no unique features other than the obvious color change.

I support this question!

Chachi McSwaqq
11-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Why did you remove charge and mute, but keep useless abilities like Closure, and even add new useless abilities like Disruption or Moneybomb?

Closure is not useless. It is good for Artifact Assault and competitive Manhunt.

TheRealCrimson
11-29-2012, 12:54 PM
will they ever fix deathmatches contract system in a future patch, and also i would like to know if they will fix the ground finish priority, also will there be a way to select which player i want to interact with when my pursuer and target are right next to each other, like say have my lock set which take priority when they are side by side so i dont kill my poisoned target and get stunned instead of poisoning my target and getting a stun. thank you for the chance to ask questions.

Travus24
11-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Why cant champion packs be unlockable in-game

PurinxPop
11-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Is it fok or the community to compile a list of known bugs and send it to Ubisoft Annecy so they can be looked over?

Jaanii95
11-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Wow talk about favortism on these boards guess were not allowed to speak our minds unless we a grubby little troll or cheap dev or mod.thats cute I see how it is now.unless we kiss your assrs ubi we dont matter right.thats why your leader boards are full of fake players and your fourms are full of smart *** know it alls how nice.

What do you mean? The developers give us a change to ask questions and you ***** about it!
It seems to me like you're just a bad player.

Jaanii95
11-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Win ratio doesn't mean anything more then that you haven't played much and that you probably just play against noobs in DM.

disturbedgrape
11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Wiil female redcoat be released as DLC? I want her so bad!

najzere
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Much harder to keep win ratio up in Deathmatch than in team modes if you play with friends.

JosephDavis2012
11-29-2012, 11:46 PM
ONE QUESTION THAT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY IN ASSASSINATE.. (kinda hate this game type anyway)

why does the knife not stop smoke bombs. If the knife can get a knife stun in a contested kill....surely it could stop someone from throwing a smoke bomb

i know theres not a good answer for this but im about to throw my controller through the wall so i just decided to vent

Vixenaire
11-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Cosacz, just ignore darthdetective I think he's a troll. I don't understand how else someone could so blatantly ignore the existence of punctuation/logic.

Rubble The Dj1
11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Okay so i know this is one question per person but iv just been encountering something that is so confusing i desperately would like to try to get it clarified and hope some other players here will bump the question. WHAT IS THE DODGE ANIMATION ALL ABOUT//?? is it a randomly triggered animation or is it a technique unexplained. i read somewhere that the dodge animation can be triggered by un selecti ng your pursuer or target as they go in for the kill/stun. is this true. is there a way to dodge as iv had times where me and another character become stuck in a dodge stalemate where we both repeatedly dodge each other for a time then eventually some one gets a contested kill or a stun. sorry to ask 2 questions but after reading some of the drivvel posted by people who are paying no attention to the opportunity at hand i thought i might try my luck as i would like either knowledge about the throwing knives as i mentioned before or about dodge animation and its controllability. many thanks

Rubble The Dj1
11-30-2012, 11:17 AM
ONE QUESTION THAT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY IN ASSASSINATE.. (kinda hate this game type anyway)

why does the knife not stop smoke bombs. If the knife can get a knife stun in a contested kill....surely it could stop someone from throwing a smoke bomb

i know theres not a good answer for this but im about to throw my controller through the wall so i just decided to vent

it does clearly state in the tips in game when you are knifed you can use all abilities. i always try to knife my pursuer back if i get a chance

Mr_Shade
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Yet another reminder - One question per user please... if you think of a better / different one - please edit your post.

this is to make it fair for the community - rather than allow certain people to spam multiple questions in the hope they stand a better chance of getting it answered.

This is not 'covering' anything up - just making it fair for everyone.

Spamming this thread for the soul purpose of trying the above, will get you suspended..

Don't even start me on trying to attack the devs as well...

Rubble The Dj1
11-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Yet another reminder - One question per user please... if you think of a better / different one - please edit your post.

this is to make it fair for the community - rather than allow certain people to spam multiple questions in the hope they stand a better chance of getting it answered.

This is not 'covering' anything up - just making it fair for everyone.

Spamming this thread for the soul purpose of trying the above, will get you suspended..

Don't even start me on trying to attack the devs as well...

lol i did apologise outright for doing so. both questions are hugely valid. i do however respect the guideline rules was just annoyed to see people arguing in a q&a thread. :)

A Ocean Man
12-01-2012, 10:51 AM
How many MP Persona DLC packs do you have planed?

Lethalla
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
*Facepalm*

I agree with Collinwood’s question. Not just if it puts us in a match we don't like, but just if we've forgotten to quit before the rematch starts loading.

anewlife_06
12-01-2012, 08:45 PM
My question is about dropstuns. I understand they weren't intended to be in the game but at the sametime they helped keep people from running around on roofs. I mean all the changes made since ACB seem to be about not staying on roofs and not being so obvious. The grab-kill got a point boost and the stun prompt got removed so why take something out that punished people for being unstealthy and so obvious and rewarded people for being stealthy and observant even if it wasn't intended? Sometimes things that weren't intended are good things. I feel that AC3 is by far the best MP in the series so far and I have played all of them from day one. I just feel that taking out dropstuns is a step backwards when all the other changes have been dramatic improvements. Other than that thank you for a great MP experience that can't be gotten anywhere else!

HareyMon
12-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Impersonating forum moderaters are we?

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
When is Ubisoft going to protect good people from in team modes?

...Okay i only read the first part but heres a suggeestion for your team mode delema....dont play a TEAM mode alone. >.>

Black_Widow9
12-03-2012, 04:45 AM
If you have an actual question please post respectfully. You have a chance for developers to answer your questions and the lack of respect is extremely disappointing. If you want them to post things like this again I suggest you start acting appropriately.

We have feedback and bug threads but this is not one of them.

PigStuffy77
12-03-2012, 07:08 AM
If you have an actual question please post respectfully. You have a chance for developers to answer your questions and the lack of respect is extremely disappointing. If you want them to post things like this again I suggest you start acting appropriately.

We have feedback and bug threads but this is not one of them.

I, and many of us appreciate this rare chance to communicate almost directly to the developers and many of us are being respectful. Just wanted to point out that there are only a few people whom are acting inappropriately. Please don't let those few tatter your decisions as of the majority have been respectful.

Hastatus_Atratus
12-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Why do the developers not believe that team mates blatantly stealing locked-on incognito and poison kills from their supposed team mates is as angering, disrespectful and offensive as offensive and disrespectful language?

Ubi-Cali
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Hi all,

Since it is now 8:00AM GMT/12:00AM PST, we will be closing this thread and having a look at your questions.